Others Abandoned The Ruins of Vagastia [Demo] [EternalsDeveloping]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Iseli

May 3, 2018
Is there a place aside from the Subscribestar where we can see progress? Doesn't look like it's been updated for a while. I know it's on Steam but there isn't much info on it.

Newad

Jun 24, 2020
Posting for anyone else curious about the current state of the game:

Given that the demo link in the OP as well as the link posted by the dev earlier in the thread are both from last year, yet the game was featured in the recent Steam Next Fest this year, I was hoping the Steam demo might have some more content than was implied by the posts I saw in this thread.

I played the current Steam demo for 1.5 hours, uncovered the whole map, and did everything there was to do, and at this stage I would still call it a complete waste of time in terms of NSFW content.
There are only three NSFW CG scenes implemented, only two of which result in actual sex, which are a result of losing to the two bosses present in the demo. In general, aside from the mushroom scene, it seems the only way to get CGs at all (even placeholder unfinished ones) is to lose all your HP. To be fair, this isn't uncommon in NSFW games, but the rock-paper-scissors nature of fights means that against enemies which have special attacks, it's possible to unintentionally kill them even if you do nothing but defend, and in general I think it's harder than it should be to throw fights and lose on purpose. The inability to save anywhere except campsites also means that if you do throw a fight to get a CG, you have to walk all the way back to where you were, slowed down by random encounters.
You add a second character into your party just before the demo finishes, but she doesn't seem to have a presence in any loss scene no matter whether she's leading the party or not.

Overall, I would have rather just spent 2 minutes watching a video of the two completed scenes there actually are and done something else entirely with all the time I saved. Give the demo a try if you're interested in how the game feels mechanically, but don't expect much in the way of NSFW material.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote