VN - Ren'Py - The Seven Realms [R3 v0.04] [SeptCloudGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Himeya Jun

The art and animations are so damn great, you can notice how much the quality has gone up in R3. I love the story so far, the world building is way better than most games out there. That part when the Demons destroying the Witches were intense, I really don't know which one is the right choice, but siding with demons is more in character for the MC imo.
    I hope to see more contents soon!
  2. 1.00 star(s)

coco_16_

I really wanted to like this game. I love vampires and supernatural stories, the renders are decent and it appears later in the game they get very good, the plot SOUNDED interesting.

However, everything about the game was just BORING. The dialogue was dull, the characters were dull and you are essentially forced into a poly relationship with what I consider to be some of the more uninteresting and unnattractive ones in the game.

Technically the game is executed well, but I DNF'ed this one after a bit because I could find nothing to keep me going.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

TheLegend1337

It has pretty good quality renders.

Well written dialogue, albeit a little too heavy on the text.

The females are quite well designed, and has great variety.

The only real issue i have with this VN is that the romance is incredibly forced and not natural at all.
    The soulbond with Leyla has MC who's supposed to be a prince simping for her without shame. It's cringe and pathetic.

In fact the soul bond is obviously more like a slave collar, and not in a good way, because MC is the one getting enslaved
  4. 4.00 star(s)

GeoffG

Review as of R3 v0.04.

Big fan of the game so far. Excited to see where it goes. Enjoying the worldbuilding and the story's good enough (though i am a sucker for fantasy).

My one main qualm would (oddly) be the number of lewd scenes and the way they are handled. They're very well done visually, but in terms of the story and overall vibe of the game:

1. They're all too similar and there's a lack of variety/control.
    2. They're quite short
    3. The focus on the mate-bond is missing its mark somewhat.

My suggestion would be that despite it being an 'adult' game, not every sex scene needs to be fleshed out. Personally i'd be more than happy with some of them being brief montages. Split the lewd scenes into 'extended' scenes and 'story' scenes. In extended scenes you can take your time, make different choices, explore the individual sexual desires of different characters (something that so far hasn't happened), play around with the effects of the mate bond etc. Then you can have 'story' scenes or something that fit with the story/characters (horny harem + vampire slut), but they're essentially just a montage of sorts that allows the story to advance.

In my view this would provide a better balance and better overall experience for the player. Currently all the lewd scenes and and individual characters' sexualities kinda end up feeling fairly homogenous. The only obviously different sexual behaviour/preference i can think of between the characters is
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As an example for #3 regarding the mate bond. There was a scene in i think realm 2 where

In summary it feels like there's a core part of the character development missing, or at least not being utilised to the fullest as part of the story. I found myself just skipping through several of the lewd scenes because despite the new graphics and setting they felt like they were just repeats of past scenes. They almost felt 'tacked on', rather than core to the story/worldbuilding.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

MileySaurusV3

One of the best games I've played, incredible animations, lots of content and the story is incredible, I look forward to the next update. the story certainly engages you, I usually skip quite a lot of text, but this story I read the whole thing and felt immersed in its world
  6. 5.00 star(s)

InstaPrincess

What can I say? It's good. Really good. A lot of light with a little bit of shadow.

I actually bounced off this game the first time I tried. The story is verbose and slow to start. It also felt too much like a Harem collection story at first and the chemistry between the characters seemed off. Also the animations at the start make for some really weird sex scenes.

But trying it again and taking my time with it, the story eventually comes together and the chemistry (while still being strangely off sometimes) begins to get interesting. I like the choices, I like the relationship fights and the differing agendas, the lore, the impressive animations as of Act2 forward and the attention to detail. It's more than a Harem game, it's more than a Male Power Fantasy.

Still not sold on some parts, the sex scenes aren't great and not all characters always have believable interactions, but I'd be nagging if I said this was really important.

It's a story in its own right.

And it's well done. What else is there to say?
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Mr Anderson 2

Animations 5/5
    Renders 3/5
    Story 3/5

Pretty nice. The animations are very impressive. The choices you're supposed to take are not that hard, so it's pretty easy to skip to 'the good parts' if you want to.
    There's loads of sex scenes and all high quality.
    The story didn't compel me much.

I'd recommend giving it a try at least.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

MiRaGi

Writing is great, visuals are stunning ! always is a solid foundation to start from imo. I like the non-lewd scene animation in Realm 2 so much because it was for once no sex scene and therefore kinda felt like it was given a lot more work and appreciation then the Ol' in n out. More of that ! (in all games btw) Another great thing point was the 'Morning after' scene, which was hillarious and one of my all time favorite scenes I believe. Sooo funny !! MC has is own set of boyish humor, that lights up the story too in a good way. Overall all chracters are worked out very well with their own sets of habbits and moods! Top Job !! Harem felt believeable but the Vampire thing helped with that I guess. Many lewd scenes which you are able to skip without too many consequences also nice, as they can be distraction from what the story is trying to let you experience beside 'T1ttie's' .

And that's where it almost lost a star for me at the same time. After finishing R1 and R2 I still was left feeling that although it is Avn , not every scene has to end with coitus to give it meaning..... Sometimes a scene is a dialog that builds up to more, to tension, to complexity, to the story itself, and in hindsight I cannot shake the feeling that because of the abundance of lewd scenes; that the story served the purpose of the lewd scenes, which I am not sure the Dev intended. Maybe the other way around has my preference. But that is maybe a personal thing.....

To summ up, This is a great one whether you go for story or lewd content I would advise this one. A talented writer, great visuals, intriguing interactions, funny content and enough sex to fill all realms with. Can't wait for more !!!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

DivineMachine

Really enjoyed the game. It has all you expect from a proper vampire story - politics, sex, drama and action. And it's well paced, I didn't feel there is any drama for the sake of drama or pointless fillers.

MC is total chad, very charismatic and knows how to tease and have fun and has nice sense of humor.

Story is very interesting as well as lore. There is good variety of different species.

Main LIs are all great, Leyala is very sweet and perfect gf/wife material. I love how she is constantly close to Mc, wraps her arms around him or rest her head on his shoulder even in normal scenes when they talk with others. It perfectly sums her bond with MC and fits the story and character so well.
    Kali is probably my favorite with Ley being close second.

Also gotta love Lucius and Ba'el, bot are badass cunts, I love all their scenes and dialogue (except Lucius needs some more badass fighting scenes, I wasn't too sold on witch fight scene).

Anyway, I'm loving the game and can't wait for more. Glad to see updates are frequent. Also, we NEED more TASHA :love:
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Vlntn71

I really enjoy this game, don't care for when they split it up into multiple parts but when I looked at the quality of part 3 I mentally shut my mouth, lol. If you like this genre at all it's a good game I can't imagine the amount of hard work that goes into making something like this, just want to say I appreciate it.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

deathmaster991

Positives:
    • Visually, this game is just beautiful. You can see the effort the dev puts into every scene.
    • The animations in this game are on a new level. The attention to detail is evident.
    • The models are all beautiful, I also like the fact that the clothes/outfits change so frequently. It's really refreshing.
    • LIs are diverse, they do have different personalities and all likable. Also, the MC is great.
    • Worldbiulding is good, the realms are all different and the story plays around that.
    • The dialog is well written. The story is interesting (if you like the whole theme).

Negatives:
    • As other people stated, the characters of the different realms do not feel that different. It's as hard to put into words here as it is to implement it into the game. They just feel a bit the same.
    • The most prominent pain-point (which is why I give only 4/5 starts) is the fact, that almost after every H-scene it just cuts away. I would understand it if would be just transactional coitus, but at this point it just is not.

Conclusion:
    It's a well-written story in an interesting world. Visually, absolutely stunning and the animations are on a whole new level. The whole H-Part of the game just falls a bit flat for me, it feels liek it's put in there because it's "that kind of game". And the facts that the H-Animations are some of the most realisitc and well done on this site just pains me so much more. But asaide from that, please do not hesitate to give it a try. I totally recommend it.

Keep up the good work!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ mc looks like a total chad, not to mention his strong personality, he is likable and well written. Harem in this game is really believable
    + beautiful renders and animations - they are ok in first realm and amazing in 2 & 3 - it's a huge improvement
    + music
    + Leyala, she is really sweet
    + harem, mc have 3 girls and fuck them regularly in solo/threesome and even foursome action. There is also side girls, but they are not that important
    + interesting story
    + funny moments

- in my opinion first realm it's a bit boring compared to 2 & 3
    - some lewd scenes are too short

Avn with great MC, nice story and beautiful girls. 5 stars from me
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6297007

It's a captivating start to a storyline that could split into a plethora of sub-plots and side stories with all the races involved so far.
    Visuals and animations are good, but the storyline is what really draws you in. Looking forward to where this might lead.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

septix

This game is really hard to rate, as the person before me wrote.
    I played the whole game in more or less in one session. The vampire theme and the story rescued it through for me, though about not finishing it. Middle to end from Realm 1-2 felt a bit repetitive, especially scene wise... With the main girls it felt a bit like there is nothing new and refreshing. More or less the same scene with a different person or two. The side girls were a bit better, but sometimes also a bit flat in their buildup or were just introduced with a refreshing specialty but stayed quite behind their potential. There is also only one bite scene and none (maybe 1?) scene where the other bonds are shown off screen handling the pleasure while MC is taking care of someone else. Maybe just a comment on the next day (sometimes it was there sometimes dearly missed). Especially the card playing scene with the wolf, while the other two are _meanwhile_ at class with L and are not even a bit influenced by it was a bit hard to believe.

Art is good. R3 is even better. As some mentioned the 3 main-girls feel a bit to same'y appearance wise (only different skin otherwise more or less the same).

I read there is a very short release cycle - maybe that's the reason there are sometimes a lot of scenes glued to each other without much progress in between. I also liked the first time skip at the start, it was refreshing, but it felt a bit overused at some point later. Minor story bites with a scene sometimes two behind each other, timeskip and repeat (maybe also a bit because of the release cycle idk).

I also played R3 after it, and it felt a bit smoother and maybe a bit better written? therefore the 4 not the 3 to which i was a bit leaning after 1+2.

If you like the theme its still a recommendation. If you don't like the theme it is still solid and over average, but maybe play something else first.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

This game is a hard rate for me because it's not a 3 star and it feels like it baaaarely misses the 4 star. To start with, the story is either going to be a hit or a miss with you as it blends supernatural/fantasy with modern themes and personally I've never been a fan of that, but that's ok. The writing however to me is a miss. For being all these different realms of high fantasy creatures like faeries and werewolves and such, they all talk the same. Not only do they all talk the same, but they all talk like they are dudebro frat boys. Calling each other dude, bro, just stuff like that. It doesn't fit a lot of the characters, and even the characters that don't call eachother that don't talk like how you would think they would. I mean some of these vampires are supposed to be thousands of years old but they don't have any type of dialects or older types of speaking. It just doesn't fit. One very odd thing I've noticed is that some scenes seem to feel like they are missing almost. Like for example imagine somebody pulling out a knife ready to fight somebody. In a normal case you might see the different slides of the knife being pulled and maybe a swing or a stab and then the result. Here, you'll see something like somebody putting their fists up ready to fight, and then just the next slide being them on the floor. Like what happened? Wheres the event? It happens commonly throughout the game so it's definitely not just an error or something.

As for the models, particularly the girls, they look... ok sometimes, bad other times. Particularly in the beginning its pretty rough. It gets better as the game goes on, but the biggest thing for me is that all the girls are that super toned muscular look. Theres no inbetween or variety, they're all like that for some reason, and I'm not a fan of that look for girls so that's kind of a big bummer. As for the MC, I don't know how else to say it aside from he looks like a doofus. It looks like he's wearing makeup, particularly eye liner and lipstick or something. His face proportions are weird and especially his muscles. His muscles are really, really off. It's like balancing an apple on the top of a pencil. It's not natural and looks odd. For some reason he also has zero body hair of any kind, in some of the scenes when he lifts his arms you can see that he has shaved his armpit hair too because the dev even included razor burns from where he shaved it off. I'm not really sure why this is the case but there it is lol.

As for the harem stuff and the way relationships are handled, some of it is good, particularly in that you get to choose everything and nothing is forced. You can even pass on the sex scenes which is refreshing. Games usually do not give you so much control so that is really nice to have. A lot of the girls though I just can't seem to care about. They're bland and there just to fuck and dump. I also quite like Leyala and think she is generally well written, but the other two you get later on I just don't have any interest in but they are kinda dragged with you. Overall, I don't hate the game and I do kinda like it, I just feel like the issues that are present act like an anchor weighing down the overall enjoyable experience of the game. Hopefully as we get more chapters I can improve this rating to a solid 4 or a 5.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

dzapan

Renders 5/5 - simply beautiful renders
    Animations 5/5 - stunning animations, very well done.
    Story 5.5 - interesting and captivating story
    LI's 5/5 - beautiful and big variety - we have MILF's. young girls, demons etc.
    MC 5/5 - True gigachad, very well written

I love harem games and i like this one a lot, one of the best in this genre.
    Overall 5/5 easy. Must play if you like harem and good story.
    Looking forward for more.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

vnqats

[Review as of 0.20, the end of Ch2]

The Seven Realms is sprawling and ambitious, with a diverse cast of characters, a wide world, and solid visuals. At times it can sprawl a bit too much, but overall it boasts considerably higher quality than most of what you'll find on this site.

There's a lot to like about this VN. It's technically strong: the visuals are good, the English is solid, and there's nothing to really criticize about the basic execution. The characters are generally believable and the lore and story are intriguing. The choices feel meaningful without feeling infeasible for the developer: they largely impact character attitudes without impacting major story outcomes (at least thus far). They keep the game moving forward while giving you the opportunity to define how the MC feels about various important actors, perhaps even letting him be tricked in some of the intrigue going on.

The plot itself is generally compelling, but suffers from how overpowered the main cast is. You're never in any real doubt as to the outcome of any given encounter, and most of the tension in the story lies in navigating the MC's relationships with other characters rather than the actual situations at play. While this still works alright, it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity. In particular, I can't help but feel like the MC isn't really developing: I'm instead just selecting options that reflect who he already was at the start of the story.

The writing is at times a bit sterile. While it isn't clumsy, awkward, or outright bad like you'll often run across in amateur products, it never really quite lands for me either. I grade all VNs on a curve since they're all fundamentally hobby projects, but there are some that still really get me turning the next page, laughing along, or super invested in some of the characters. The Seven Realms kept me interested enough to finish it, but never quite captured my imagination in the way that the occasional VN does.

While the main cast is strong, likeable, and interesting, the supporting cast at times leaves something to be desired. In particular, a large number of women are introduced largely for the purpose of variety in sex scenes, broadly classed as the harem by the dev (neither core love interests nor one-off flings). While I understand the basic goal of bringing variety without overloading the core character count, I think it goes a bit too far in the other direction: this side cast appears enough to imply they'll get more content, yet rarely actually does. Either moving a few to explicit one-time flings or spending more time with them would be welcome salves.

Overall it isn't perfect, but the Seven Realms stands out as one of the stronger titles on f95 right now, and is easily worth a try if you're looking for something new to check out.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Troz3

Have just finished Realm 1, which I bought on Steam as a package with Realm 2.

Strengths:

1. Not many grammatical or spelling errors; a few slightly awkward usages suggest that the writers are not native English speakers, but it is pretty good nonetheless.
    2. Thus far the narrative has been internally consistent in both tone and structure. You really do want to know what is going to happen.
    3. Good (but not great) DAZ models (see below).
    4. Original music.

Areas that could make the game better:

1. Editing to make the English more fluent and consistent with the character's back stories. Two-thousand-year-old characters calling each other "bro" and "dude" doesn't fit well with the tone one would expect in a story about supernatural realms.
    2. The DAZ models could be improved a bit, especially Atlas and Leyala. The former is so muscle-bound as to look a bit grotesque, and the latter's lips look as if she has had cosmetic surgery.
    3. There could be a bit more dramatic tension in the story. Thus far one doesn't really get any sense that things won't turn out OK.

I certainly don't regret the purchase, it is an enjoyable game. I hope that my minor criticisms become irrelevant as the dev or devs build their skills and experience.

Edit after completing Realm 2: The modelling and animation are certainly improving. In the first part the characters bodies didn't move completely in accordance with Newtonian physics! Now they are a lot better.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

zaqrwe

This is honestly quite amazing game. There were few parts that felt rushed, that't true, but overal very pleasurable experience. Graphics are great, and animations.. maybe not best I've ever seen, but definitelly close to it. Movements look very natural and it's very nice to look at.

Also this game is here for a little bit more than 1.5 years, yet amount of content is.. huge. After playing for a while I had this naggigng thought that it would be the end soon, yet the game keep going more and more. I wish more devs could deliver their products like this one.

I also encountered like 3 typos/mistakes in dialogues near the beginning and for a while there were images missing in sex scenes during Realm 2. Not whole scenes, but there was one single image missing before each animated one started. And in last part, one sex scene animation was wrongly connected to pose from the next scene? So I didn't see the last part of one of the scenes, as it jumped to Naya/Kali sex scene finale which happened like 5 minutes after. Even considering those few bugs I'm giving it 5 stars. But of course I do hope it'll get fixed :)
  20. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I really wanted to like this one, but the story just dident get to me, some things are just drawn out others are rushed and theres absolutly no relationship building or romances.

Just the hole idea of the very start where you meet a girl and bam your soulbound, you know nothing about the girl and your forced to be together forever, it could atleast have been a nice looking girl with firm tits but no it a young girl with milf face and saggy tits.....i wouldent have touched Leyala with a 10 ft pole given the option, so game got off on a really bad start for me but still pushed through hoping story would atleast be worth while.

For me there is just to much text with no real point to it, and the other girls was also just boring, even the 3 some with Leyala, Naya and Kali felt pointless, you meet them, then you fuck em......just like Layala its rushed and you never get to build any feelings for anyone.

It also dident help that game is made only for people with big tit fetish, i hate big tits so there really was nothing for me to like when it came to the girls, dont really get why some games dont make something for eveyone, insted of only focus on a single fetish.

Virgin scene was flat and boring as well, guess they just wanted the tag but failed at making a decent scene, it was like ill go slow, now its all in, cum, done, dident really feel special in any ways.

Story 2/5
    Some of it was pretty good but it just felt to rushed when it came to relationships and had no romance feeling what so ever, still giving it 3 since main plot was good.

Girls 2/5
    Not much to say if you have big tit fetish this will be for you, if you dont then skip the game, also dident really like the faces since they all looks like milfs which i am not really a fan of but even as milfs they where not good.

Animations 3/5
    Just about average, most are pretty short and boring, dident help that you never get a chance to build any feelings for the ones you fuck, making scene pointless.

Music 3/5
    Its ok standard background music that dosent really set in kind of moods, better then silent but nothing special.