SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
So I actually have a question I thought of last night. With there being Seven Realms, does that mean each update is a Realm? Like only 7 updates? Or will there be multiple updates for each realm?
Hi,

It's Tae, the writer, I am getting out of my hideout to answer this question and some others in this reply.
The story will be indeed divided into seven parts, however, each part will contain multiple updates. I have established a clear schedule that accounts for writing time, posing, animating, and vacations (or need for rest if sick) in order to be sure to update regularly. If you take a quick look at my background in our Patreon Post, you will see why I am used to having schedules. :ROFLMAO:

In each realm, I want the player to have the time to get to know the people in it. That means the LI and Harems members, but also other people. For example, it was important for me that Zyair wasn't a cliche of "The black best friend". I have created a whole back story for him, for his friendship with Atlas etc, in order to create a character that has his own personality and his own way to interact with Atlas.
It will be the case for each character. I wanted them to have a life beyond Atlas in order to make them feel more "real".

I knew some people would think that several updates focusing on one LI or Harem member would be too much, but I have played games that threw LIs in your face, and in the end, I ended up not getting attached to any of them because I couldn't know them. Then, I was in a relationship with them, but it was just about sex and I knew nothing about them. They were just empty shells for a kink. I want you to like the girls I created for their bodies, but also their personalities etc.
Hopefully, my fast update schedule should allow you to not wait too long to meet the girl you are into.

I was also the one not wanting to change Atlas' name, but Jay has advocated hard for you and I have accepted to budge on that point! We will implement it either in a patch or in the next update.

Thanks, everyone for your kind words about my characters and my writing! I hope you will like what is to come as much as I do.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

It's Tae, the writer, I am getting out of my hideout to answer this question and some others in this reply.
The story will be indeed divided into seven parts, however, each part will contain multiple updates. I have established a clear schedule that accounts for writing time, posing, animating, and vacations (or need for rest if sick) in order to be sure to update regularly. If you take a quick look at my background in our Patreon Post, you will see why I am used to having schedules. :ROFLMAO:

In each realm, I want the player to have the time to get to know the people in it. That means the LI and Harems members, but also other people. For example, it was important for me that Zyair wasn't a cliche of "The black best friend". I have created a whole back story for him, for his friendship with Atlas etc, in order to create a character that has his own personality and his own way to interact with Atlas.
It will be the case for each character. I wanted them to have a life beyond Atlas in order to make them feel more "real".

I knew some people would think that several updates focusing on one LI or Harem member would be too much, but I have played games that threw LIs in your face, and in the end, I ended up not getting attached to any of them because I couldn't know them. Then, I was in a relationship with them, but it was just about sex and I knew nothing about them. They were just empty shells for a kink. I want you to like the girls I created for their bodies, but also their personalities etc.
Hopefully, my fast update schedule should allow you to not wait too long to meet the girl you are into.

I was also the one not wanting to change Atlas' name, but Jay has advocated hard for you and I have accepted to budge on that point! We will implement it either in a patch or in the next update.

Thanks, everyone for your kind words about my characters and my writing! I hope you will like what is to come as much as I do.
Thanks for the reply ... and stepping out of the shadows :)

After having read a lot of the comments and responses. I have actually changed my stance a bit. I can see why, in this sense, having Atlas as the MC makes more sense story wise. Glad we will get to spend some time in each realm, I felt it would be like that when I read through the Patreon in depth post, but wanted to make sure. So thanks again for replying, and I look forward to the future of this VN.

Reactions: SeptCloud

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It wasn't what I was hoping for. It feels that the stoy isn't centered around the (dark) vampires, but instead it is only some flavours on top on a story that I would call prince rescue damsel in distress.
What intrest me the most in the vampire games that I've played are the stories and I don't see it (yet) for this one. Will see what the future holds as it was only the first version here.

I whish the devs good luck.

Oct 23, 2020
Do you use Jessamy as your model?
If yes great choice but i dont like her hair(black color doesnt fit her face).
I would suggest the color in the centre photo below or blonde also in the photos below

Because i dont know how easy or if you want to make this change, if not consider a new character in the game like the one i just described

Thank you and good luck with your game!

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Do you use Jessamy as your model?
If yes great choice but i dont like her hair(black color doesnt fit her face).
I would suggest the color in the centre photo below or blonde also in the photos below

Because i dont know how easy or if you want to make this change, if not consider a new character in the game like the one i just described

Thank you and good luck with your game!
Yes, we did use this base model to create Leyala. We are a little bit ahead with our posing at the moment and personally quite like her with the black hair, so we won’t be making any changes to her for now. If you want to see the other characters we have planned you can take a look at our Patreon and website where we have some images and information on them. But thank you for the feedback and for wishing us luck!

Reactions: 19252020

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
More so the second option :)
I can kinda see it now. There is a the variable for MC being an asshole. There is a variable for MC being a strong ruler. I imagine that this will follow a broadly romantic arc for the main LI, but the MC can kinda be a "badboy" who is a bit more dominant than the usual romance MCs? That said, there wasn't any meaningful variation so far. The "asshole" choices didn't lead to anything different other than missing a few scenes. It makes sense so far though. While the variable is called AtlasIsAsshole, the "asshole" choices were not actually dick moves. Maybe a bit callous, but it was all perfectly reasonable for his character under the circumstances. The soul bond with Leyala (and thus, the general progression of their relationship) will not permit him to disregard her well being, no matter how much of a asshole you try to nudge him. Nor would he suddenly be a dick to his best friends. That said, I would like to see it do something, and hopefully not just as a punishment for picking the "Wrong" choices. I'm not too sure how it will pay off though, if it ever will. The story does seem to be largely about a generally good natured MC who is in a story that doesn't make sense for him to be a dick to people close to him. And being hard on enemies isn't really an asshole move, nor would a romance based Atlas have any issues with putting the hurt on his enemies. I will look forward to what comes next.

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I can kinda see it now. There is a the variable for MC being an asshole. There is a variable for MC being a strong ruler. I imagine that this will follow a broadly romantic arc for the main LI, but the MC can kinda be a "badboy" who is a bit more dominant than the usual romance MCs? That said, there wasn't any meaningful variation so far. The "asshole" choices didn't lead to anything different other than missing a few scenes. It makes sense so far though. While the variable is called AtlasIsAsshole, the "asshole" choices were not actually dick moves. Maybe a bit callous, but it was all perfectly reasonable for his character under the circumstances. The soul bond with Leyala (and thus, the general progression of their relationship) will not permit him to disregard her well being, no matter how much of a asshole you try to nudge him. Nor would he suddenly be a dick to his best friends. That said, I would like to see it do something, and hopefully not just as a punishment for picking the "Wrong" choices. I'm not too sure how it will pay off though, if it ever will. The story does seem to be largely about a generally good natured MC who is in a story that doesn't make sense for him to be a dick to people close to him. And being hard on enemies isn't really an asshole move, nor would a romance based Atlas have any issues with putting the hurt on his enemies. I will look forward to what comes next.
I won’t go in to too much detail so as to not spoil the story. We didn’t want to put masses of variation within this update (although I feel like being able to miss a lewd scene is a fair variation) for the asshole points as at the moment we are more laying the foundations for the larger story, we have a long story planned with some more variations as we move through it. Typically it will usually be the relationship that you hold with each character that dictates how they interact with you and the asshole points are more for how the wider world will interact with you on a personal level. Atlas will be Atlas regardless as he is his own character and has his own motivations and personality but throughout the story the way you choose to interact with people will dictate how he goes about carrying out those actions. For example if another character is crying, will he sympathise with them or will he bluntly tell them to get over it - doesn’t mean that the player can have Atlas tell the character they deserved it (if they didn’t deserve it) but it’s more the player shaping the way that Atlas behaves whilst still staying true to his character. With regards to the accumulation of points (asshole, strong ruler, etc), whilst they will be relevant in various places throughout the story, they will play more of an impact on the end game.

Hopefully that all makes sense and answers any concerns!

Last edited:

Dónaill

Jan 25, 2022
I enjoy the writing and the story so far. For me vampire stories are always slow burn, deep and heavy relationships, lots of lore surrounding topics like immortality, loss, power and desire. And I can see the foundation being laid for all of that. Good start.

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Hey everyone - we have uploaded version 0.1.2 - this is still the same update with a few minor changes. We have also added Mac and Linux versions of the game.

We had a lot of comments regarding people being disappointed with not being able to amend their name within the game. So while we have written the story with the character's name as Atlas; if you have the preference of renaming him, then now you have the ability to. Please note if you did already play version 0.1.1, you will need to start a new game to rename the character.

Thanks for all the comments so far, your feedback has been much appreciated!

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
Wow! Very impressive first release. I've really enjoyed the story so far, I see this becoming a top VN if there are constant updates. The characters are all unique and look good. It's nice not to see the same girls and MC that many VNs reuse. The story has a lot of potential and it's good to see at the end of the release that there was a 6 month time jump as too many stories try to tell an entire VN in 2 weeks when it should take months/years story time wise for the events to occur. There aren't many Vampire VNs (can only think of 3 off the top of my head) out there so there is a lot of space for people to take notice of this VN.

I read over some of the messages on the thread and saw that Sept took inspiration from multiple different lores which I think was a smart thing to do. Don't lock yourself up behind lore and rules of other stories. It's more interesting to make up your own lore and rules for your story and bring your own ideas and creativity to it.

Having the MC named Atlas as mentioned by Sept in the thread is due to the MCs name having significance and carrying weight around it. So as I may disagree with not being able to change the MCs name, I can definitely understand not giving the option as someone named "John Smith" isn't going to carry the same weight as someone with an unusual name as Atlas. I also read that in future updates there will be an option to change the MCs name, so maybe give him some nickname or something that people outside of his inner circle would know him as. He's already been called "The Prince" by the werwolves, so maybe continue having people outside his inner circle know him as that or another name that carries his reputation on so if theres the option to change the name, the MCs reputation would still be there and make sense.

I enjoyed the hell out of the story. Having played through it yesterday and continuing to think about it today, I got a bit carried away with this post...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I definitely look forward to future updates as I suspect most who've downloaded do. As long as the passion the devs seem to have for the story continues, I can see this being a top VN after just a few updates which has a good amount of support. Also check out Septs website to see more info on the VN:

• Red Heart

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Wow! Very impressive first release. I've really enjoyed the story so far, I see this becoming a top VN if there are constant updates. The characters are all unique and look good. It's nice not to see the same girls and MC that many VNs reuse. The story has a lot of potential and it's good to see at the end of the release that there was a 6 month time jump as too many stories try to tell an entire VN in 2 weeks when it should take months/years story time wise for the events to occur. There aren't many Vampire VNs (can only think of 3 off the top of my head) out there so there is a lot of space for people to take notice of this VN.

I read over some of the messages on the thread and saw that Sept took inspiration from multiple different lores which I think was a smart thing to do. Don't lock yourself up behind lore and rules of other stories. It's more interesting to make up your own lore and rules for your story and bring your own ideas and creativity to it.

Having the MC named Atlas as mentioned by Sept in the thread is due to the MCs name having significance and carrying weight around it. So as I may disagree with not being able to change the MCs name, I can definitely understand not giving the option as someone named "John Smith" isn't going to carry the same weight as someone with an unusual name as Atlas. I also read that in future updates there will be an option to change the MCs name, so maybe give him some nickname or something that people outside of his inner circle would know him as. He's already been called "The Prince" by the werwolves, so maybe continue having people outside his inner circle know him as that or another name that carries his reputation on so if theres the option to change the name, the MCs reputation would still be there and make sense.

I enjoyed the hell out of the story. Having played through it yesterday and continuing to think about it today, I got a bit carried away with this post...

I definitely look forward to future updates as I suspect most who've downloaded do. As long as the passion the devs seem to have for the story continues, I can see this being a top VN after just a few updates which has a good amount of support. Also check out Septs website to see more info on the VN:
We're so passionate and have put so much work into planning this game. It is comments like that that already make us realise that our long path to get here has been worth it. We always hoped that one day people would speculate like this on our story and the fact that you've posted this after only our first release is honestly such an excellent feeling!

Of course, I don't want to spoil anything, but you've listed out some really interesting stuff in your post.

We have listed the difference between Love Interests, Harem Members and Bonus Encounters on our Patreon, but as a short summary here:

LI - full-fledged relationships throughout the game, Atlas can fall in love with them if you choose for him to. The two LIs other than Leyala are optional, you don't have to be in a romantic relationship with them, but you will be close friends with them regardless.

Harem Member - each will have their moment within the overall story we have planned and will have optional paths where you can get to know them more and have lewd scenes with them. They could 'love' Atlas but he won't 'love' them.

Bonus Encounter - you will be able to experience some lewd scenes with them, but they are not full-fledged romantic relationships.

As for Tasha, she is listed as a bonus encounter. No spoilers..but don't worry, you will be able to..

Thanks for your other points of feedback, we will definitely take them on board.

As for the renaming of the MC, we have actually just added a different version a few minutes before your comment with the ability to rename him. We also released Mac and Linux versions.

But again, thanks for your detailed comment and kind words. We really hope that you continue to enjoy what we put out in the future!

Reactions: jasont123

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
OK, I truly enjoyed this episode 1! Great renders, good story, nice foreshadowing. My only, minor, complaint is that you said SIX MONTHS!!! I mean, you've got a virile male vampire prince and a hot to trot god only knows what race who are soul bonded and in SIX MONTHS they haven't done the dirty????? I mean there's fantasy and then there's...... SIX MONTHS!!!!

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
OK, I truly enjoyed this episode 1! Great renders, good story, nice foreshadowing. My only, minor, complaint is that you said SIX MONTHS!!! I mean, you've got a virile male vampire prince and a hot to trot god only knows what race who are soul bonded and in SIX MONTHS they haven't done the dirty????? I mean there's fantasy and then there's...... SIX MONTHS!!!!
Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you enjoyed the first release!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
t g tr.gif

Cannot wait to play the game. Still ... anyone being in danger of sleeping the long sleep,
they sure would want to live their lives to the fullest.
Constant fear of death would make life with them a literal nightmeare.

Also, anyone powerful and able to resist attempts on their lives, sure needs constant gratification.
poohg.gif
This, I feel, is the theme for any and all immortals, be it power, sex, people (hot babes) fawning over them.
If you strip all of that, you end up with conqueror cunts killing left and right because this is the only way they feel anything.

Last edited:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Gorse has also kindly put together three new signatures for The Seven Realms - please feel to use the below:

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/04/1769308_TheSevenRealms-GIF-Signature1.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/04/1769309_TheSevenRealms-GIF-Signature2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/04/1769310_TheSevenRealms-GIF-Signature3.gif

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I still can't rename the MC's name!
That’s strange, are you definitely playing the new version? Did you play the original version before you could change the name first? If so then you will need to start a new game to be able to rename him, let me know if that helps!

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes