SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I just have 3 runs now,cuz i like to see most of your content ;)
1. Ley only
2. Ley and Tasha
3. Ley and the "need to find someone" option
Luckily we can name the saves , otherwise it will be a hell to remember all my paths :ROFLMAO:
Can't wait for Kagomi , Mei and Rune , they'll be my fav. Harem member :devilish:
They’re all great girls, my partner Tae does the writing but Kagome is one of my personal favourites!

We’re also glad to see that you’re doing multiple runs :D

Just so that you know you, to save on time now you can probably cut one of those runs if desired. The ‘need to find someone’ choice was more for speaking to Leyala about the idea opening the relationship but without naming Tasha and therefore blocking her scene. So if you have now experienced this scene, you could just continue with that run instead of also doing the ‘find someone else’ run too as at this point they more or less merge :)

Reactions: DarkOs31

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
I’m not familiar with that show! Hopefully those vibes are good ones :sneaky:
Why i don't believe you now ? :sneaky:
You said Tae is a girl/woman so she must know "Vampire diaries" (i dont like this tv show) , BUT the spin off "The Originals" is great and "Legacies" is the last spin off .
Hope is the daughter from : mother "werewolve halfmoon clan" , father a hybrid "First Original vampire mother which is also a First Original witch + werewolve father) ;)
Like you see,we on this site love to speculate :p

Reactions: SeptCloud

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
SeptCloud how do you guys define Sprites?
Has it something to do with celtic spriggans,or is it just a powerfull ethereal entity?
I'm really curious about it :D

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I generally like the vampire genre games and I initially posted this critique in a private thread I have with friends.
One of my friends said I should post it here.

Initially I was a bit hesitant to post it cause I was wary it might be taken the wrong way, but I changed my mind and here it is.

Bear in mind this is meant to be a constructive criticism about the game and is not meant to slight SeptCloud or bash his game. I only state it hoping it will get better.
If you love this game and disagree with me, then that's perfectly fine.
Different strokes for different folks.

So here goes:

To clarify from the beginning, when I first started this game in its original v0.1.1 release, while I didn't think it was amazing I still thought it had a bit of promise and potential.
But with following updates, I got more and more disappointed and by the time I got to end of v0.3, I decided to drop the game.

Couple months later and came the time of release of v0.5, one of my friends said it's a bit better so I tried it and caught up to the end.

Following are my "brutally honest" thoughts about the game after I was done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, am I a harsh critic? Perhaps I am.
But it's a very honest opinion from my end regarding things that the game I think should address if the dev wants feedback from all players (not just people who love the game) in terms of improvement.

Tbh, I'm not even sure some of them can be changed (for instance, Leyala acting more of a Audience surrogate just seems to be the way that narrative is structured, and I'm very skeptical this can be changed).

Oh well, that's it.
Now I'll reiterate it once more, everything above is meant to be a constructive criticism, and NOT to bash the game.

If anyone read through all that, then I guess you deserve a pat on the back.

Last edited:

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
SeptCloud how do you guys define Sprites?
Has it something to do with celtic spriggans,or is it just a powerfull ethereal entity?
I'm really curious about it :D
So they were originally inspired by celtic spriggans. As we developed the story, we created our own backstory and lore for them with various differences :)

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I generally like the vampire genre games and I initially posted this critique in a private thread I have with friends.

Initially I was a bit hesitant to post it cause I was wary it might be taken the wrong way, but I changed my mind and here it is.

Bear in mind this is meant to be a constructive criticism about the game and is not meant to slight SeptCloud or bash his game. I only state it hoping it will get better.

So here goes:

To clarify from the beginning, when I first started this game in its original v0.1.1 release, while I didn't think it was amazing I still thought it had a bit of promise and potential.
But with following updates, I got more and more disappointed and by the time I got to end of v0.3, I decided to drop the game.

Couple months later and came the time of release of v0.5, one of my friends said it's a bit better so I tried it and caught up to the end.

But it's a very honest opinion from my end regarding things that the game I think should address if the dev wants feedback from all players (not just people who love the game) in terms of improvement.

Tbh, I'm not even sure some of them can be changed (for instance, Leyala acting more of a Audience surrogate just seems to be the way that narrative is structured, and I'm very skeptical this can be changed).

Oh well, that's it.
Now I'll reiterate it once more, everything above is meant to be a constructive criticism, and NOT to bash the game.

Thanks for your comment. While it’s never nice to hear comments that aren’t entirely positive about your game, I feel that you have aimed to remain neutral. I’ll respond to some of the key points you mention:

I’m sorry to hear that the game hasn’t lived up to your expectations so far, but to reiterate, we are very early in the development of this project and if all goes according to plan, we hope to make this game something really incredible. But if it’s not for you, then there’s no obligation for you to continue playing :) thanks for taking the time to write such a lengthy review.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for your comment. While it’s never nice to hear comments that aren’t entirely positive about your game, I feel that you have aimed to remain neutral. I’ll respond to some of the key points you mention:

I’m sorry to hear that the game hasn’t lived up to your expectations so far, but to reiterate, we are very early in the development of this project and if all goes according to plan, we hope to make this game something really incredible. But if it’s not for you, then there’s no obligation for you to continue playing :) thanks for taking the time to write such a lengthy review.
Nah man, there's no need for you to be sorry.

You're doing best with what you have, and taking my critique to heart and addressing them.
That's more than I can say for some people (who can't take critiques and may take what I say the wrong way [don't mean anyone specific, just those kind of people in general]).

I sincerely hope the game continues to get improved with more updates.
Not sure whether I'll be continuing on it at this point, but who knows?

In the future, perhaps after couple of updates down the line I might just decide to give your game another go and see how I feel about it then. ;)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

So here goes:

Oh well, that's it.

You're not wrong about the lack of enviroments but you have to keep in mind that the game has been in development only for a couple of months. They're trying to deliver fast updates to stay relevant. So that means cutting corners somewhere.
Trying to keep a good balance between sex scenes and storytelling plus good renders quality can't be easy releasing updates every 15 days.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
To give u an idea those environments cost a shit ton of money on Daz for what I wanted just for 1 environment with clothes and such it would cost me over $400 /£318.31 that with the Interactive License as little as $10 up to $50

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
To give u an idea those environments cost a shit ton of money on Daz for what I wanted just for 1 environment with clothes and such it would cost me over $400 /£318.31 that with the Interactive License as little as $10 up to $50
Aehm. No.
There are regular sales (even they got less attractive in the last year) and you don't need an interactive license.

Reactions: DoverUK25

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
Just out of curiosity ,is it possible to use the new "Godot 4" beta version as an engine to build environments for renpy games?
Cuz Godot is an open source engine...

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I strongly believe that most of the world building are 'off-screen' i.e. it didn't make it into the game yet. Correct me if I am wrong (since I only played version 0.3 and have not played 0.4 and 0.5 although they have been released because of my own personal reason, nothing against the game), the story/game still revolves around the first realm, Terran while the other 6 realms remain unexplored. Since the game is in very rapid release cycle (almost kinda 2 weeks sprint if using scrum lingo), it is really not possible to put a lot of content or world building or lore into it. However, the short and rapid release cycle is excellent at getting feedback from the players.

As an oberserver, I noticed and acknowledged that some players have certain expectations with each game releases and versions. However, I think everyone should just treat each game differently ala on a case-by-case basis i.e. refrain from applying certain stereotypes (especially wrt to releases and versions). Some games just take longer to tell their story (hence more releases/versions). Certainly not all games are finished/completed/done at version 1.0 although most were.

I really like the potential of the game considering the supernatural long-life of the vampires and some of the other creatures, that the game easily can stretched over 10,000 in-game years (flashbacks into the past or even fast-forward into distant future). It all depends on the opportunities and resources available to do just that. So far, it has been fantastic.

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Great game! cant wait to see where this goes. my only pet peeve is please make spacebar work like enter here.
Thanks, we’re glad that you like it!

The spacebar not always working is an ongoing issue that seems to be impacting some players some of the time. When I’ve tested this myself, sometimes starting a new game fixes the issue but sometimes it triggers again randomly. We have referred this issue to more senior developers and apparently it’s a rare issue within the engine the game is built with (RenPy) and it’s not clear what triggers it. The programmer that we are working with is continuing to search for a solution. Apologies for the inconvenience so far though!

Reactions: Cernunnos.

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Aehm. No.
There are regular sales (even they got less attractive in the last year) and you don't need an interactive license.
There are sometimes sales which are great and we’ve taken advantage of them, but yeah some of the environments are ridiculously expensive!!

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
Just out of curiosity ,is it possible to use the new "Godot 4" beta version as an engine to build environments for renpy games?
Cuz Godot is an open source engine...
Thanks for the suggestion, although I’m not sure whether that is compatible with DAZ 3D? I think that with a bit of time we should be ok. We do have more environments prepared for future updates and as I mentioned in an earlier post, Tae is learning Blender, so hopefully we will be able to create some of our own custom assets later in the game as well as buying more :)

Reactions: DarkOs31

SeptCloud

Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I strongly believe that most of the world building are 'off-screen' i.e. it didn't make it into the game yet. Correct me if I am wrong (since I only played version 0.3 and have not played 0.4 and 0.5 although they have been released because of my own personal reason, nothing against the game), the story/game still revolves around the first realm, Terran while the other 6 realms remain unexplored. Since the game is in very rapid release cycle (almost kinda 2 weeks sprint if using scrum lingo), it is really not possible to put a lot of content or world building or lore into it. However, the short and rapid release cycle is excellent at getting feedback from the players.

As an oberserver, I noticed and acknowledged that some players have certain expectations with each game releases and versions. However, I think everyone should just treat each game differently ala on a case-by-case basis i.e. refrain from applying certain stereotypes (especially wrt to releases and versions). Some games just take longer to tell their story (hence more releases/versions). Certainly not all games are finished/completed/done at version 1.0 although most were.

I really like the potential of the game considering the supernatural long-life of the vampires and some of the other creatures, that the game easily can stretched over 10,000 in-game years (flashbacks into the past or even fast-forward into distant future). It all depends on the opportunities and resources available to do just that. So far, it has been fantastic.
Thanks for the support mate. I’ve seen you react positively in the thread before and it’s really appreciated :) if this game was going to be completed in around 15 updates then I would definitely say that this story is moving too slowly, but we have such a big plan for this game. It will likely be nearer 80 updates (or at least that length time-wise, but spread across fewer updates if we are to adjust our release cycle). There is big progress in the story soon and we wanted to build up some of the most relevant characters (primarily Atlas and Leyala) prior to the upcoming reveals.

As it will take so many updates before completion that’s part of why we are trying to release really regularly as we don’t want to drag it out. I mentioned in another post before that between realms we will likely take a little longer to release (maybe around 2 months or so), but during any particular realm we really want to remain regular. This is to reward people that want to player smaller chunks of the game more regularly, and also to help us gain more exposure and ultimately, hopefully, grow the game as much as possible :)

Sorry, not all of that was even relevant to your comment but my fingers got away from me and I started to waffle lol. Hopefully, there’s still some useful info in there:LOL: but thanks again for your support!

Feb 17, 2022
Really enjoying the game so far.

I see in the banner what appears to be the other "main" LI's interests but haven't seen them in game yet, did I miss something or have we just not met them yet?

4.20 star(s) 102 Votes