Unity - Completed - The Shadow of Yidhra [Final] [WhitePeach]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Otyugh

Wow. I liked this game so much that I bought it. The MC is cute and her design hits me in all the right places - AND the game's actually really fun!

I love how responsive the combat is, even melee combat, which I used extensively to conserve ammo. The shooting and slashing reminds me of the old time stickfigure shoot'em ups from ye olde Newgrounds days.

The sex animations in this game are nice, although the way that the animations loop isn't perfect. In previous versions of the game, the sex animations were really short, but in the most recent update, Whitepeach made them loop longer before climax. Overall, the ingame sex animations, voice-acting, and the CG animations are really hot. They make getting defeated a total win.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Fallen Raider

I would like more unique animations with bosses
    And so the game is great
    Gorgeous gallery and animation, Standard 2D shooter, Beautiful main character
    Also animations with 2 female enemies, I would like to see either in this game or in the next one from this developer
    I liked everything
  3. 3.00 star(s)

shin_

This game is the definition of average.

An ordinary side scroller with not too flashy, basic mechanics, and it doesn't really need to be more, it works. Enemy types and level design are not too varied, but it's doable. Downed animated H-attack are short and basic, but the game over CG-s are pretty good!

Translation is bad to non-existent, which is very annoying, considering they always point you where to go next. You also won't get a completion screen (again, there's a short dialogue and that's it, the game goes on, and you can wonder around for eternity.) Oh, they also forget to tell you that you can double jump from the start, dash, and how to use inventory/upgrades, so self intuitiveness was kinda required.

Definitely could've been better, but worth a shot I guess if you're into the theme.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

GoldenRetriever123

Version: Final
    Suprisingly a good quality scroll shooter, altought it is kinda repetitive for my tastes. The sex scenes are solid and the artstyle is clean and fresh as morning dew, sadly the dialogue is poor and uninspiring. The story is just filler in my opinion.
    If you enjoy spicy scrolling shooters then this game is a good place to get what you need.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Ruttodiporco

Nice 2d game shooting with a decent plot.
    There are no bugs detected, only a bit of struggling with the automatic translation from Japanese.
    If you like Night of Revenge, Sinsiter strike and similar games, this could only make you"happy" to play it along :)
  6. 3.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

So I played Shadow of Yidhra and it is time for a review. I will add that I didn't finish the game, but I did play it for a couple of hours.

You play as a soldier-like girl called "Delta". As per usual this soldier wear some of the most skimpy clothes and even high heels for what is essentially a high risk situation. But that is unfortunately what should be expected from H games.

In any case, the game play revolves around killing various shapes of zombies. To this end you have many different weapons. You move through the map to collect journals and thus patch together what happened. You also collect ammunition, access cards etc.

The zombies are very easy to defeat, and their attacks are easily avoided. If/when they hit you, you will lose some health. The integrity of your cloths is also attached to your health. You can find med-kits which will restore your health and thus your clothes.

At least in my opinion, it was extremely easy to dodge the zombies, and so I barely had to use med-kids. I only lost once because I wanted to see what would happen. It was rather uninteresting.

So, if you like side scrolling games where you shoot zombies, then this game is probably for you. But don't play it for the H content - you won't see much of it unless you lose on purpose.

And so, the rating ends at average. There's not a lot of good stuff to say about, but there's not a ton of bad stuff either.

The Good:
    • The game looks nice
    • Many different weapons
    • Stable game with solid and intuitive controls.

The In-between:
    • The various places looks very much alike
    • Ordinary side scroller game. Don't expect much
    • You can only save the game at designated spots. I only found 2 of such.

The Bad:
    • Very repetitive
    • Lose to get H scenes, losing also means game over.
    • Poorly translated, and sometimes not translated at all.
    • The story does not play much of a role - it's mainly just killing zombies.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

SINtax EroRR

Not a bad installment from WhitePeach. Gives me nostalgia for classics like Parasite City and even non-H games that are 2D scrollers in general. The gameplay isn't particularly confusing, though navigation can be a bit messy. The visuals are great though the censorship certainly spoils it a bit. But it's certainly fappable content and the girl has silver hair, one of my favorite traits for girls, so consider it a bonus for those of you who share the same kink. I see no reason not to download it for my personal library, and y'all might enjoy it too.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

KofiCatto

I always love zombie shooter games (very subjective)
    White Peach games always have good art style and pretty gameplay with pretty characters but the animations aren't that great but only good.

+
    Solid gameplay even without H animations it is enjoyable
    Decent gun idle animations. Idle animations differ from what type of gun you`re holding
    Requires fair skills (dodge mechanics)
    Various aniamtions and weapons and enemies
    Great game optimization
    Fully voiced, cutscenes and game itself and various weapon sounds

-
    Un-remappable conrols
    Hard to trigger H scenes
    Weak boss and enemies
    Short gameplay (in my opinion)

I recommend adding damage to H scene trigger and add grab moves to trigger them instead of just getting to low hp and getting almost dead

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) one of the best side scroller with decent gameplay
  9. 3.00 star(s)

bobjones9792

This is one of those games that gets better after the beginning. You have a crappy knife and pistol to start, and ammo is limited early on. If you waste too much ammo, you'll need to farm enemies for money, which is not fun. The game isn't that hard, but limited health restoration means mistakes add up.

So the best solution is to (cautiously) use melee for a large part of the first level, at least until you get the shotgun and revolver. However once you get the katana, melee becomes highly useful and fun, and outside of the gun enemies and bosses, can be used throughout the rest of game.

The H-content isn't anything special, and something of a pain to trigger, since you need to be dangerously low on life to enable grab attacks. Still when you DO get a chance to see it, it also has a pretty nice quality to it.

If I had to summarize, I'd say play this if you want a decent side-scrolling shooter/melee game that gets better with time. If you want great H-content, this really isn't the best game for that.
  10. V
    2.00 star(s)

voodofreak

Gameplay is okay for what you usually find here as a non-rpg. The other parts howerver not so much. The Mature content feels forced and I was only able to find it when I lost battles. I'm not a big fan of that so I stopped playing after the third boss. The translation was pretty bad, I think it was done by an auto-translate, and it takes 1-2 seconds to load up every time there is dialogue or something writte on the screen. Sometimes it doesn't load at all.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Tentacle-san

Feels like an Alibi game. Shiny cover art, bitter aftertaste.

Translation is slow mtl

Why for the love of things white and sticky are the H-animations 3 seconds looped?

Either my audio files are screwed or they must've hired zombie VAs because I can only hear zombie noises. FOR EVERY ENEMY.

Not sure when the game ends cause the game doesn't make that clear.

Gallery is not unlocked upon completion. Meaning if you didn't die to every enemy you see then gomenaisorry, look for a save or something.

I could be talking mad shit about the gallery stuff, but hey, maybe someone can enlighten me if there's a way.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

DrWeeb

I haven't beaten the game yet, still, but I've reflected on it a little bit.

I may re-write my review when I'm done with the game.

Gameplay: 4/5, (You're) Pretty Good.
    Honestly it's pretty basic and standard; got your shoot button, aim button, grenade, meds, and dash. You also have a variety of equipment that you can pick up, and a facility to explore. The map is pretty linear, but go off the beaten path and you'll find some better equipment, or ammo and whatnot.

What's interesting is that, even with enemy types, it's a decently deep, such as when there's a zombie with a helmet, it actually negates headshot bonus damage until you shoot it off. Not amazingly deep but deeper ;) than a lot of other ecchi shooter games.

Guns are varied too, such as the SMG not having as much range as the rifle. Obviously, it should be that way, right? But uh, I feel like in other shooter H-Games, either range doesn't matter, or there is no variance in range, so you know. Also, some guns might have a higher range of damage, say 20-80, while another might have dmg values of say, 30-60. I feel like that also makes the game just a bit deeper and interesting. However, some guns are just straight up bad.

However, some guns are just... Useless? The shotgun is slow, AND weak. The starter pistol is weaker than the knife you start with. As soon as you get better guns, it removes the need to use any other older variant of the gun type.

It's pretty easy though. I found in the very beginning, the knife is better than the pistol and shotgun, and that you can easily dodge most attacks. The full-auto guns is where DPS starts to come in. Overall, it's pretty good.

It is pretty easy until a bit later on, when you're finally outside... The bosses aren't spectacularly hard, but they tend to have either a dash that you might react to considering one is a katana girl, and the other is Batman (The Dark Knight is his name, apparently. wtf) and some of the zombies get stuck trying to jump up ledges.
    Furthermore (about Batman) he seems to do this rappel up and starts swinging around... I don't know if you're just supposed to time your dashes or avoid his attacks somehow but I found myself just getting hit by something invisible.

Basically, the game is okay. Later on, it starts to feel more BS and grindy, and some parts of the game is just useless and you drown in ammo after the first few sections of the first map. The challenge quickly dissipates.

Art Style: 5/5, maybe. Pretty subjective as always.
    I like it, you probably like it. There's some zombies and whatnot as you can see. Honestly I don't know why I write the art here, but... Again I've yet to beat the game, and I don't know if the CG is animated for sure, but I can tell you, I still like the art.

Sound: 4/5, ecchi sounds, gun sounds, and not overly repetitive.
    Fine sounds for each situation. Music is okay. Nothing grand, but it won't drill into your head like some other games might.

Story: Not too sure/5
    Like I've stated many times before, I haven't completed it. So far, all I know is that people are doing science stuff, making super humans or something, and basically, Umbrella corp. I think.

Conclusion:
    In the end, it's a pretty good game. It's not gonna compare to RE4 obviously, or anything of the likes. It's a decent time waster, and a decent h-game, but it just doesn't make you want to play more.