Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Is it hell. You want to talk milking then go see one of the devs that drops 1, 2 or 3 updates a year. Not one who drops 10.
If he was to finish Alison first there'd be no SHRiNK all year as that's how much story is left there.

Edit-It was actually 11 updates last year
many years im on patreon and i can say working on 2 game sin the same time is shit. ONLY owrk if its close to finish like 2 3 update max

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Its possible to work on 2 games at once, but you need to be efficient and organized. Mr.Dots obviously does it very well. SuperWriter has done it well so far. PTOLEMY works on several games at once. The common theme? 2 of those guys have development teams. SW is a part of a development team, so he could be getting help too.

I think, for this and Alison, it would be best to adopt a 2-1 update schedule. 2 updates for Alison (since its more complex) for every 1 update of Shrink. Shrink-Alison-Alison-Shrink. I saw he is planning on weekly releases. That could work, but it creates a lot of time pressure.

It would be smart to make the routes in Alison less complex. The way its done now, he isn't really working on 2 games. He is working on 4 games since the 3 different Alison routes are basically their own game. The routes can still be different obviously, but not completely different. It creates unnecessary work, try to simplify things and cut the fat.

I would say to not make the trans girls in this game into regular girls too. I know he has said what he can handle, but you shouldn't do things just because you can. Like I said, its all about being efficient. If people don't like trans girls, just let them avoid their content.

He has frequently mentioned support levels recently. If you are trying to please everyone (like making regular girl versions of the trans girls) you'll end up not pleasing anyone. This is also partially related to Alison, as it is basically 3 different games, the updates for the game may be frequent but the updates for each route aren't frequent. It would be better to streamline the routes, make them simpler , so he can update them all at once in a reasonable time frame. A game that does this well is Ataegina. It has 3 distinct routes, but are similar enough that they can be updated at the same time on a reasonable time frame. If someone is thinking of supporting, but their preferred route isn't updated often enough, then they won't support.

And that concludes my completely unasked for opinions, advice and random ramblings.

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
geez. the way how fetishes effect each side character "emotional" is impressive, like lill sis with ball crashing CBT. to be honest i'm here for trans... i wonder if mc will ever "receive" from one? that would be hot. i liked alot the maid's slutty personality:giggle:

Reactions: ziko and Futa_Buddy

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
geez. the way how fetishes effect each side character "emotional" is impressive, like lill sis with ball crashing CBT. to be honest i'm here for trans... i wonder if mc will ever "receive" from one? that would be hot. i liked alot the maid's slutty personality:giggle:
Sorry, that one's not gonna happen. You could maybe commission a scene from him for a price as personal content but it would never actually happen in game.

Aug 26, 2018
When you and those who "like it" and or are fans of this game, start supporting it... The dev might start working on it full time. For now, the dev will work based on his goals. Glad you enjoyed the game though, now enjoy the waiting game as well.
Do you have another crowdfunding site besides patreon? Your subscribestar account/link is no longer available.
Im willing to donate just not through patreon.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Do you have another crowdfunding site besides patreon? Your subscribestar account/link is no longer available.
Im willing to donate just not through patreon.
And why is that? Just curious is all. Do you hate patreon? I had other ways and no one used them. So, I canceled them after a year of flatline. And you can use patreon for a one-time payment as well. Simply cancel after choosing the tier and being charged, with charge upfront it is instant. Then you can cancel the tier. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Its possible to work on 2 games at once, but you need to be efficient and organized. Mr.Dots obviously does it very well. SuperWriter has done it well so far. PTOLEMY works on several games at once. The common theme? 2 of those guys have development teams. SW is a part of a development team, so he could be getting help too.

I think, for this and Alison, it would be best to adopt a 2-1 update schedule. 2 updates for Alison (since its more complex) for every 1 update of Shrink. Shrink-Alison-Alison-Shrink. I saw he is planning on weekly releases. That could work, but it creates a lot of time pressure.

It would be smart to make the routes in Alison less complex. The way its done now, he isn't really working on 2 games. He is working on 4 games since the 3 different Alison routes are basically their own game. The routes can still be different obviously, but not completely different. It creates unnecessary work, try to simplify things and cut the fat.

I would say to not make the trans girls in this game into regular girls too. I know he has said what he can handle, but you shouldn't do things just because you can. Like I said, its all about being efficient. If people don't like trans girls, just let them avoid their content.

He has frequently mentioned support levels recently. If you are trying to please everyone (like making regular girl versions of the trans girls) you'll end up not pleasing anyone. This is also partially related to Alison, as it is basically 3 different games, the updates for the game may be frequent but the updates for each route aren't frequent. It would be better to streamline the routes, make them simpler , so he can update them all at once in a reasonable time frame. A game that does this well is Ataegina. It has 3 distinct routes, but are similar enough that they can be updated at the same time on a reasonable time frame. If someone is thinking of supporting, but their preferred route isn't updated often enough, then they won't support it.

And that concludes my completely unasked for opinions, advice and random ramblings.
I'll agree with one thing. And that is trying to please everyone. As for the weekly, I never said that I said biweekly, and it is an experiment. if it helps me gain more support, then I will stick with it. Otherwise, I will go back to the goals and work at the pace people pay me to work on. When it comes to Alison, I'm not changing anything... I'm leaving them as they are and as my hardware improves, so will the amount of content per update along with the speed.

It really is not rocket science. 1 people support me = more money = better hardware = faster updates and larger updates. 2 people choose not to support me = idgaf, I work at the pace I can afford to for as long as it takes until everything is completed.

Thankfully the love path is closing the end, with that out of the way I can focus on harem and dom, both of which are much lighter on the story side and will be mostly focused on fucky-fucky make some babies and whatnot then call it the end.

Finally, as for who does it well, I am happy for them. I'll do it very well myself, just as soon as I start making Mr. Dots kind of money, and have the hardware to go along with it. I promise. Thanks for the suggestions and have a nice day.

Aug 26, 2018
And why is that? Just curious is all. Do you hate patreon? I had other ways and no one used them. So, I canceled them after a year of flatline. And you can use patreon for a one-time payment as well. Simply cancel after choosing the tier and being charged, with charge upfront it is instant. Then you can cancel the tier. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do.
I dont trust patreon at all. Was a donor in a few games but some shady stuff happened with them and I, making me no longer trust them at all.
It sucks i can't support your work otherwise.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I dont trust patreon at all. Was a donor in a few games but some shady stuff happened with them and I, making me no longer trust them at all.
It sucks i can't support your work otherwise.
Sorry to hear that, and yes it does suck for me :) Buy me a coffee is no longer accepted by Payoneer, and I loath Paypal so I'm not going to reopen another PP account just for BMC. I may just go my own way in due time, and by that, I mean a website with a third party processing charges that's not shitreon. Believe me, if there was another way like say all my patrons decided to jump over to Subscribe star? I'd do it instantly. The problem with SS is they only pay you once you've hit 150$ or so, which could mean months for me to get paid if only one or two people are using it.

Aug 26, 2018
Sorry to hear that, and yes it does suck for me :) Buy me a coffee is no longer accepted by Payoneer, and I loath Paypal so I'm not going to reopen another PP account just for BMC. I may just go my own way in due time, and by that, I mean a website with a third party processing charges that's not shitreon. Believe me, if there was another way like say all my patrons decided to jump over to Subscribe star? I'd do it instantly. The problem with SS is they only pay you once you've hit 150$ or so, which could mean months for me to get paid if only one or two people are using it.
didnt know that about SS. Due let us know here if you do have an alternative donor method in the future.

Jan 15, 2018
thought this was some good ass stuff
but then the massive update pops out which boils down to nearly every option being either yer gettin pissed on
or yer dick is gettin pissed on
or yer bed is gettin pissed on
or hey there's a dickgirl
at least the girl that Snake's yer ass and crushes yer nads aint pissing on you...
yet

Reactions: Cernunnos.

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
thought this was some good ass stuff
but then the massive update pops out which boils down to nearly every option being either yer gettin pissed on
or yer dick is gettin pissed on
or yer bed is gettin pissed on
or hey there's a dickgirl
at least the girl that Snake's yer ass and crushes yer nads aint pissing on you...
yet
That only happens with Melissa and only if you choose the option that says 'femdom, watersport scene' which seems pretty clear.
If you're not into that you probably shouldn't click on it or maybe check out some of the content with the other girls.

Reactions: ive_got-problems

grumpbert

Dec 14, 2019
Does each girl have 2 distint routes or one prefered for max snusnu and the other is just vanilla and if so which is which.

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
Does each girl have 2 distint routes or one prefered for max snusnu and the other is just vanilla and if so which is which.
The 3 roommates have 2 distinct routes each right now but it's not really max snusnu/vanilla

Alice-You get a little more action on the perv route than affection but that's only as far as this update goes
Mel- it's about deciding which of you is the dom
Aiko- Unclear at this stage. Either is gonna leave you bruised

I think it's worth trying all possibilities just to see all the content
Working on a walkthrough right now...

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
My opinion if family isnt futa or trans please dont include it
Characters are Fine looking

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
My opinion if family isnt futa or trans please dont include it
Characters are Fine looking
Your opinion is clear but there's still going to be trans characters in it
All content with trans characters is skippable
The "military stuff" is an important part of the story but for what it's worth I'm pretty sure that captain's gonna get banged at some point and I hear she doesn't have a dick. Neither does any female in the family, or Ava, or Sabrina so there's still gonna be plenty of options

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
Attached you should find a full walkthrough for The SHRiNK 0.4 explaining where points are gained, how scenes are unlocked and how to define the relationships between characters (I made some of them related, crazy, right?)
If there's anything I missed or any problem with it just @ me and let me know

edit - Updated with new version Nov'20

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 63 Votes