Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

emil1972

Aug 30, 2019
hi

i want build a prison but i can't find cell doors, all mods what i found don't work. I don't have going work dlc
can you help?

em0rt41

Apr 4, 2020
If you guys don't mind me asking. What I'm to download char presets(sims) is looking for one I like and them I download the tray and them ALL the mods required to make it work. Is there a better way or somewhere I could find those presets with all the files required bundled in one file?

I just want to understand what is possible and where do you guys get your resources to make sure I'm not wasting my time doing things that are obsolete.

JokeyStranger

Nov 6, 2020
please someone has these things of leo sims?

before anything, I already searched on the sims galaxy VK

Last edited:

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
If you guys don't mind me asking. What I'm to download char presets(sims) is looking for one I like and them I download the tray and them ALL the mods required to make it work. Is there a better way or somewhere I could find those presets with all the files required bundled in one file?

I just want to understand what is possible and where do you guys get your resources to make sure I'm not wasting my time doing things that are obsolete.
Hey again -

My bad, forgot to give you the heads up with CC. (Custom Content)

Okay, for the most part, you won't ever have to worry about clothing going obsolete. Basically you just want to keep your eye out for quality creators instead of hacks.

The only mods that you have to worry about getting "obsolete" and requiring management are mods that have a script file or any mod that is linked to something that EA makes changes with. For example, EA decides that dishwashers will now dispense cold water, then the mechanics behind the scenes for all your dishwasher custom content *MAY* need to be updated. Rare.

Mainly the crap you're going to have to manage are Wicked Whims, MCCC, Slice of Life, Nisa Wicked Perversions, and so forth. And it's insanely easy to manage, basically move the new files where the old ones are and replace em.

As for "completed Sims" - there are two ways folks make them available. The first is just with the Tray file and theyll list all the custom content that they used in a blog or something. Those people deserve a special place in hell. The better way is to grab a creator that provides you both the Tray files and the Custom Content that they used to make the sim in the first place.

Someone like is a good place. Little Doxy over at Lovers Lab is another. Check the Mega folder - Sims4Imagination also.

When I dont want to make a Sim, that's what I do, just go grab one of those files and move everything into the according folder. Just be forewarned that Tray files on their own are like a couple of kilobytes but the Sim file with all the outfits and what not, couple of hundred megs.

Say you grab a lot of Little Doxy Sims, eventually youll get to the point that youll just need the Tray file as you would have everything else except for maybe an item or two that you could make a judgement call on at that time.

And Animation, dont worry about either. Doesnt turn obsolete unless the creator improves their work and tells you to ditch.

Hope that helps.

em0rt41

Apr 4, 2020
Hey again -

My bad, forgot to give you the heads up with CC. (Custom Content)

Okay, for the most part, you won't ever have to worry about clothing going obsolete. Basically you just want to keep your eye out for quality creators instead of hacks.

The only mods that you have to worry about getting "obsolete" and requiring management are mods that have a script file or any mod that is linked to something that EA makes changes with. For example, EA decides that dishwashers will now dispense cold water, then the mechanics behind the scenes for all your dishwasher custom content *MAY* need to be updated. Rare.

Mainly the crap you're going to have to manage are Wicked Whims, MCCC, Slice of Life, Nisa Wicked Perversions, and so forth. And it's insanely easy to manage, basically move the new files where the old ones are and replace em.

As for "completed Sims" - there are two ways folks make them available. The first is just with the Tray file and theyll list all the custom content that they used in a blog or something. Those people deserve a special place in hell. The better way is to grab a creator that provides you both the Tray files and the Custom Content that they used to make the sim in the first place.

Someone like is a good place. Little Doxy over at Lovers Lab is another. Check the Mega folder - Sims4Imagination also.

When I dont want to make a Sim, that's what I do, just go grab one of those files and move everything into the according folder. Just be forewarned that Tray files on their own are like a couple of kilobytes but the Sim file with all the outfits and what not, couple of hundred megs.

Say you grab a lot of Little Doxy Sims, eventually youll get to the point that youll just need the Tray file as you would have everything else except for maybe an item or two that you could make a judgement call on at that time.

And Animation, dont worry about either. Doesnt turn obsolete unless the creator improves their work and tells you to ditch.

Hope that helps.
Indeed it was very helpful. I was suspecting there were people who would publish their folders or all the CC needed for a certain Sim they share, instead of making people download one CC at a time, I mean that was what I was expecting at least, it felt logical. I was just blown away by the chars over TSR, but it is a little bit of a bother downloading each bit by bit.

I'm just a little bit overwhelmed by the content since I started playing it right now, but I get the hang of it sooner or later. Thanks again.

badsanta88

Nov 16, 2020
please someone has these things of leo sims?

before anything, I already searched on the sims galaxy VK
Here

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
Indeed it was very helpful. I was suspecting there were people who would publish their folders or all the CC needed for a certain Sim they share, instead of making people download one CC at a time, I mean that was what I was expecting at least, it felt logical. I was just blown away by the chars over TSR, but it is a little bit of a bother downloading each bit by bit.

I'm just a little bit overwhelmed by the content since I started playing it right now, but I get the hang of it sooner or later. Thanks again.
No prob. TSR does have some good creators but I would probably check em out down the road more for ideas for wardrobe - like theyll showcase swimsuits, etc and list where you can find it. So it does have it's use there as oppose to having to download the entire sim just for a piece of clothing.

The link I provided regarding Mia8 is just one creator that provides everything, there are a ton of em out there and in the Mega folder (page 1) as well.

The initial setup can be tedious with grabbing content but once you've built a library and that really doesnt take long, youll be just like the rest of us.

My advice as I recently got back into Sims as I lost my stuff on my hard drive, go to Little Doxy webpage (google sims 4 little doxy) - look at her sims, then in another window, have Mega open (i believe there are little doxy files there). Start grabbing who you like, thatll build you up a decent set of clothing and sims. (or if you dont want little doxy, find someone else) - grab a handful, toss em into your library and go from there. No need to add a gazillion new sims on day one.

Heck, I still havent even touched grabbing any stuff for guys yet or household items other than a handful. Bit by bit, day by day. ;)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes