Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2019
More from the MotherLand - (perhaps duplicates in Mega/thread, will post dates, can't be too picky when you get stuff from spies)

Artmiel Animation (12/29/2020)

NNISM Animations (for VIP NNISMers) (31.12.2020)

MOTHERLODESIMS Animations (28.12.2020)

SalarmoJ's INFERNO STONE (31.12.2020)
Hey do you perhaps have Mike24 Dark Fantasies? ;-;

Reactions: ChrisOphelia

em0rt41

Apr 4, 2020
Don't want to bother anyone, but I'm spending some time modding the Sims and the amount of files is absurd. I know this must be a very common complaint, but AIO and Repacks should be almost mandatory to cover the scope, since we have these pre-packaged AIO for games which follow the same structure/pattern of modding.

Also, would anyone here by any chance have leaked TSR mod manager by any chance or am I just talking bollocks here? Would anyone be kind enough to brief me in?

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
Don't want to bother anyone, but I'm spending some time modding the Sims and the amount of files is absurd. I know this must be a very common complaint, but AIO and Repacks should be almost mandatory to cover the scope, since we have these pre-packaged AIO for games which follow the same structure/pattern of modding.

Also, would anyone here by any chance have leaked TSR mod manager by any chance or am I just talking bollocks here? Would anyone be kind enough to brief me in?
Depends on what you're looking for - I believe someone posted a few mod managers a couple of pages back (maybe 4 or 5 or so?) but I find the best way to handle the amount of CC is to just make folders for clothing, body, building, etc, common themes. toss all your crap into the appropriate folder. Then use Sims 4 Studio and merge em all into one file (or however many necessary). Take all the unmerged stuff and move em to a new folder for backup.

If you're already removing text files and what not before moving packages/scripts into the folder, you really should be okay without a mod manager (never used one myself).

If you're not merging your sims packages, you're not living. I mean it seriously saves a ton of load up time. But back to your original statement, you can also check ModtheSims for a Mod Manager there, just type in the search field, should pop up.

Reactions: em0rt41
Dec 5, 2020
Happy New Year!

Does anyone have and can share London by AggressiveKitty? I've been looking for it, I even tried the throwback machine/web archives of dwp.

Thank you. ♥

1609616561247.png 1609616573939.png

• Love
Reactions: IlikeSex

em0rt41

Apr 4, 2020
Depends on what you're looking for - I believe someone posted a few mod managers a couple of pages back (maybe 4 or 5 or so?) but I find the best way to handle the amount of CC is to just make folders for clothing, body, building, etc, common themes. toss all your crap into the appropriate folder. Then use Sims 4 Studio and merge em all into one file (or however many necessary). Take all the unmerged stuff and move em to a new folder for backup.

If you're already removing text files and what not before moving packages/scripts into the folder, you really should be okay without a mod manager (never used one myself).

If you're not merging your sims packages, you're not living. I mean it seriously saves a ton of load up time. But back to your original statement, you can also check ModtheSims for a Mod Manager there, just type in the search field, should pop up.
Thanks for your kindness. I really don't know anything and I've already learned something new, that you can merge all those files inside Sims 4 Studio, which is a tool I was not even aware of. Yes backups are very important, I never thought the scope of Sims 4 was so big, it basically endless for what I have seem so far. There is so much, models can be so detailed, I've downloaded some stuff to see how it would pan out and I was very pleasantly surprised at the results.

Is there anything with the basics anyone should know? I mean, I've already read the first page and did as told and everything is working as intended. I like to take time and organize everything properly, so modding sometimes for me is more enjoying than actually playing. If you don't mind me asking, can I bundle assets(files) from a CAS preset and compile into a file and make it work as intended? Like I wouldn't want to have all those files that are necessary for an specific char or even building. If that is the whole point of Studio that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
Thanks for your kindness. I really don't know anything and I've already learned something new, that you can merge all those files inside Sims 4 Studio, which is a tool I was not even aware of. Yes backups are very important, I never thought the scope of Sims 4 was so big, it basically endless for what I have seem so far. There is so much, models can be so detailed, I've downloaded some stuff to see how it would pan out and I was very pleasantly surprised at the results.

Is there anything with the basics anyone should know? I mean, I've already read the first page and did as told and everything is working as intended. I like to take time and organize everything properly, so modding sometimes for me is more enjoying than actually playing.
Hey no prob - so the basics in terms of Mod Management. For starters, seems to be a bigger issue than it actually is. Essentially all mods go into two different folders, either Mods or Tray. Basically if it's not a house or a Sim itself, it goes into the Mod folder, those two, the Tray.

As for managing the Tray folder, dont bother.

Managing the Mod Folder - everyone has their own style on how to manage it. I used to do by creator, now I just do by theme - example, Building, Body, Clothing, Animation, TraitsAspirations, etc. Toss the appropriate mod into the folder.

Youll notice your game slow down as you add more mods. Its not the size of the mod that is the issue, but rather the NUMBER of mods that will slow your game down. Which brings us to merging.

Merging is very simple. Download Sims 4 Studio, free. Simple Google should pop you right there. Run it. Up the top, youll see a section called "Content" Click that, click Merge. A box opens up (think Windows File Explorer). Go to appropriate folder and select all the mods that you want to merge. Now just a heads up - there is a SIZE limit for how big the merge can be, but for example, Ill do clothing like MergedClothingAtoFJan1.package for a file name and grab all clothes that begin with A to F. Then next bunch, G to whatever.

If for whatever reason the "merge" fails, itll show that a majority/portion of the merge was done but will list all the files that weren't merged (you ran out of space). I usually just delete and redo with just selecting less. This will take about 5 or so minutes a pop if you're doing large files. (probably less than that really)

Lastly - Bulk Rename Utility - is another free program that you may want to consider. What this does is rename the files - why do you want to do that? Supposedly the game takes longer as it reads each character in each mod and has to convert characters that aren't letters. So folks will take a file named say [EA Sucks]Baseball_bat.package and itll be changed to EASucksBaseballbat.package.

Again doesnt take long to go through - just need to replace each character at a time (space, dashes, underscores, brackets, etc)

Alrighty, think that covers it in terms of managing mods. GL grasshopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes