Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmer74

Feb 20, 2020
Do you use UIcheats? Did you update it after the patch? This is the first thing that breaks the interface.
Yes, UI Cheats is updated to v1.22 , I had updated all main mods after the patch so maybe grieralexander is right that it could be a aspiration. Thanks to all who try to help.

Reactions: grieralexander

loveisanangel

Jan 30, 2021
Let me chime in here really quick. I moved my documents folder off of my C: SSD to my D: HDD in the hopes of saving space on the SSD. The savings was negligible, and it added literal minutes to the startup time of Sims 4. So I put it back.

YMMV, of course, but if you're moving off of an SSD to an HDD, you WILL take a performance hit. Just be aware of that.
That depends on how many mods you have and how big your SSD drive is. I only have 5GB left on my SSD and my Mods folder is bigger than that. So I had to move the folder.

madimoon1

May 18, 2020
I believe she’s discovered here & changed all name & links to ‘U-rbanP-ixal’ &

Last edited:

fede2020

Oct 19, 2020
"Install it on a household" = choosing the sim from the gallery and putting it in a house. It doesn't matter if the lot already had sims or is a new uninhabited one, the games still crashes. If I choose a different sim, everything works normal, even if I add the crashy sim to the active house while playing (with the help of MCCC), but when I exit to manage worlds and come back to the house with this particular sim, game crashes in loading again.

I even tried making a new game with only using the CC of the sim, but still crashes when I tried to play with it. At this point I don't even know what to do.

I'm going to remove unused cc, helping the game to run better. I will also update to the last version praying to the lords that EA doesn't bring more bugs than the ones that I already have.

Sadly, my game is pirated so the Deadeerpool server thingy isn't an option :(
Any other suggest is appreciated. Thanks for the help!
Maybe you should share the exception/crash report you got if any here?

You said you didn't have bad cc, how do you know that? Other than that, idk if sims that are too big in filesize can cause crashes. I see people regularly share sims with over a 100mb of cc.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
There are to link your directories to different drives if youre trying to keep your load times viable but youre running out of space on an SSD, they just need a little setup.
hey - i got one of those crummy old school hds and debating getting an SSD, how much of an improvement do you think there would be for running games like Sims on an SSD as opposed to the older models? Thnx

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
If you ever wanted to make a haunted Strip Joint or Brothel (or I guess, a normal haunted house lot I suppose but what fun is that?), now here's your chance.

Essentially a new lot trait to make it haunted from what I gather

Apr 6, 2020
hey - i got one of those crummy old school hds and debating getting an SSD, how much of an improvement do you think there would be for running games like Sims on an SSD as opposed to the older models? Thnx
I havent run TS4 on an HHD, so I don't really have a comparison. My game and mods folder are both on an SSD and with a horrifying 60GB of mods/cc it takes me 3 minutes to load from run to playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes