Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
So anyone knows more creators like Katverse and sim4imagination? I see a lot of youtubers creating sims but never sharing anything.

and if someone maybe have Chloe Price and Max from Katverse, because it's not longer available even on gallery i would be really thankful.

SelmanCorrigan

Jun 7, 2018
Lots of people desire the Open World again.. I see the appeal, and maybe even like it myself but.. If they can't optimize it well? And I mean REALLY optimize it or something?? And The Sims 3 already not doing it too well in my opinion? Then PLEASE just do NOT do it again. This + The realistic direction I heard they're going to try and take with the next sims game? Oh god.. Just please. SPARE me, and HAVE MERCY on me.
Yeah, I'm with you. Maybe even farther along. I have no interest in the Sims 5 period if they can't move forward on the optimization.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

renarena

Jul 2, 2018
Okay dummy alert! I'm struggling over here...I keep getting rapid fire NisaK LE's and was told to update Basementals mod. I have the most up to date file for NisaK, now...which basemental file plays nice with her newest file? For Nisa I have the 2_1_0g file and for Basemental Drugs I have file 2.9.8.17.97. Where am I going wrong, help please?

it_wasnt_me

Dec 1, 2018
Okay dummy alert! I'm struggling over here...I keep getting rapid fire NisaK LE's and was told to update Basementals mod. I have the most up to date file for NisaK, now...which basemental file plays nice with her newest file? For Nisa I have the 2_1_0g file and for Basemental Drugs I have file 2.9.8.17.97. Where am I going wrong, help please?
those are both the up-to-date versions of the mods.

Byrnie

Apr 13, 2018
This cannot be repeated enough, THANK YOU, and everyone else that makes this happen and helps keep alive the true spirit of modding....the art or fixing broken items unaddressed by the corporation that has already profited, as well as using talent, teamwork, and sharing knowledge to create more replay-ability and increased fun by a large amount of gamers. The fixing and the new creations are well worth monetary compensation for it. But the true mod developers understand that the root problem with broken items and the lackluster dlc is directly related to money and selling as little as possible for as much as people will tolerate. Greed is the plant spawning from the seed of money when grown in a toxic environment. Patreon is a potentially toxic environment and wants to grab some cash in the short term with no disregard for it's potential to break apart what has been one of the best aspects of gaming. Keep fighting the good fight. It's interesting how The Sims is effected by this and it's hasn't sunk into the other highly modded games. But if this continued it would spread eventually. Apologies for the rant but it really is a big thing you guys are doing. It's not just about people getting sex in a video game.....even when some people think that is the issue and the hole idea is ridiculous.....no...it's stopping an opportunistic company attemping to profit by wedging itself in between a product they didn't create and those who selflessly use their talents to add to that product. Fuck Patreon

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
This cannot be repeated enough, THANK YOU, and everyone else that makes this happen and helps keep alive the true spirit of modding....the art or fixing broken items unaddressed by the corporation that has already profited, as well as using talent, teamwork, and sharing knowledge to create more replay-ability and increased fun by a large amount of gamers. The fixing and the new creations are well worth monetary compensation for it. But the true mod developers understand that the root problem with broken items and the lackluster dlc is directly related to money and selling as little as possible for as much as people will tolerate. Greed is the plant spawning from the seed of money when grown in a toxic environment. Patreon is a potentially toxic environment and wants to grab some cash in the short term with no disregard for it's potential to break apart what has been one of the best aspects of gaming. Keep fighting the good fight. It's interesting how The Sims is effected by this and it's hasn't sunk into the other highly modded games. But if this continued it would spread eventually. Apologies for the rant but it really is a big thing you guys are doing. It's not just about people getting sex in a video game.....even when some people think that is the issue and the hole idea is ridiculous.....no...it's stopping an opportunistic company attemping to profit by wedging itself in between a product they didn't create and those who selflessly use their talents to add to that product. Fuck Patreon
I don't have a issue with the fundamental idea of charging for your own work as these skills to create certain mods which require coding knowledge in different languages should be rewarded in some way.

I do have an issue with 2 categories though,

1. Charging for a collection of different mods most of which are other peoples work as this is just the same as steam asset flipping for me (IE Houses, sims etc)

2 Locking latest versions of script mods behind a paywall when the original version which is being patched was fundamentally malfunctioning to begin with, even AAA companies don't lock away patches.....yet.

The rest is all grey areas where i judge on a case by case basis. When it comes down to it though, EVERYTHING gets leaked eventually so i believe having a donation page is better than the alternative of a paywall as if you treat the community right, they will treat you right in return. Might not earn as much but you aren't burning as many bridges and that goodwill builds up over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes