Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Yup... the first file is in fact corrupt. Same result with winrar and 7zip.
Again... I uploaded the UNALTERED file from patreon to fill a request. The archive worked for me on Linux so I naturally assumed it would work for everyone else. Therefore the source must be blamed. As a convenience, I repackaged it in 7z format and you can download the BNX BTTB 5 . I do not mind filling requests if I have rare items someone wants but if it is going to be a hassle I will need to look into other sharing options.

Cuckoo Kitty

CC Curator
Donor
Jan 22, 2019
...The skin tones in the packs are weird...
The body itself is not too bad if you combine it with some of the Dumbaby Male presets. The Thor body will put the BNX bodies to shame. The BOTTOM is downright atrocious. The skintones are mottled & It did not even come with maxis match for the gens... Simdulgence, Lunar Eclipse or Noir are better options than this. Still... someone may actually like this set, I for one was not impressed.

Reactions: Belondin

Tatijana80

Jun 10, 2019
Note: If you're a Mac user, you can also use The Unarchiver to safely unzip .7z files. I've downloaded Sims .7z mods on my Mac and haven't had any problems unzipping them.
I didn't even think to try Unarchiver when I started downloading mods. :FacePalm: I ended up using Keka, which does work really well with 7z files too.

qtpie5006

Dec 24, 2018
I’m posting this in all my sims groups lol Fellow CC hoarders I want to share how I cut chunks of cc out without fucking up my save:

I’m at 140gb, as you can imagine I’ve started experiencing some lag (I have 12gb of ram so my system can handle a lot... but not this much) so I uploaded all my lots to my gallery and used S4TI to copy all the cc I used in each lot into corresponding folders. The idea is to only have what I’m actually using in game. If your mods folder isn’t very organized anyway just move the files. My mods folder is super organized and I didn’t want to mess that up so I just copied the files into new folders and moved my giant build/buy folder into my backup— I ran into a duplicate issue because I tend to use the same items in builds but CCcleaner works really well to delete all duplicate files at once. I got my mods folder from 140gb to 90gb and didn’t lose anything in my builds. I’m going to do the same with my sims and CAS items next. I might be able to get my shit down to 50gb without missing a thing.
Hope this helps someone, I’m sure I’m not the first to have this idea. But it should be a more known method.

benny7

Apr 22, 2019
I’m posting this in all my sims groups lol Fellow CC hoarders I want to share how I cut chunks of cc out without fucking up my save:

I’m at 140gb, as you can imagine I’ve started experiencing some lag (I have 12gb of ram so my system can handle a lot... but not this much) so I uploaded all my lots to my gallery and used S4TI to copy all the cc I used in each lot into corresponding folders. The idea is to only have what I’m actually using in game. If your mods folder isn’t very organized anyway just move the files. My mods folder is super organized and I didn’t want to mess that up so I just copied the files into new folders and moved my giant build/buy folder into my backup— I ran into a duplicate issue because I tend to use the same items in builds but CCcleaner works really well to delete all duplicate files at once. I got my mods folder from 140gb to 90gb and didn’t lose anything in my builds. I’m going to do the same with my sims and CAS items next. I might be able to get my shit down to 50gb without missing a thing.
Hope this helps someone, I’m sure I’m not the first to have this idea. But it should be a more known method.
140gb in your games mod folder? And i thought i had a CC problems. I have around 20gb and that's going on 6 years of always adding stuff. You may also want to upgrade that ram because 12GB of ram is on the low side in today's terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belondin

qtpie5006

Dec 24, 2018
140gb in your games mod folder? And i thought i had a CC problems. I have around 20gb and that's going on 6 years of always adding stuff. You may also want to upgrade that ram because 12GB of ram is on the low side in today's terms.
I build. Don't worry about me, my computer runs 100gb of cc with no issues at all. I reallocated 6gb of RAM directly to VRAM-- so upgrading isnt necessary, esp since this laptop is strictly for the sims. My CC is organized immaculately and I rarely have LE errors.

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
I think 12 gb for sims 4 is more than enough. What i would love to try though is when they solve certain issues with sims+linux to get a dedicated nvme m2 ssd with linux and sims only XD.

arkane378

Aug 3, 2018
If you do have issues running the game with a lot of cc, you can use s4s to merge them. currently with about 60gb many merged. No issues. (used to have more. at least 77gb.

Reactions: Cuckoo Kitty

skyusalol

Feb 4, 2018
hey guys i would like if anyone has some ebony or black girl sims would share it be cuz i need it xD i got tired of trying to make 1 good , T.T i see alot of great model sims ebony - black gir but all who made it r in patron only D: that hurt my heart .

• Angry
Reactions: iAmTheFuture

Charles Vane

Formerly 'tkass'
Jul 10, 2019
When I looked at the files, they were 7z.. Not Zip.

Edit: The first was .zip, the other was 7z... In any case, .7z seems to be far more robust than winrar or winzip. Not to mention it's very free. Myself, I keep the latest winrar and 7z just in case.
This is the last time. I am and always have been speaking of the BNX file and not the Dorian PLUS slider which was a 7z file. If you test the first BNX file with your preferred 7z freebie it tells you that there's extra data after the payload data, hence corrupt whether you OPEN it or EXTRACT it. Where? Idk, but it's there. Notice three things from the image: 1) it's 7z testing. 2) the name of the file doesn't end with "fix" so it the first file spankz12 uploaded. 3) the warning. Yes, 7z extracted the file but never told you there was an issue because it doesn't do the testing part automatically like WINRAR that refused to extract a corrupt file. So you tell me which is better protection. Software that will open any damn corrupt file or one that refuses to.
7z test.jpg
Lastly, thank you very much for your upload and your efforts, spankz12.

MickCasanova

Sep 29, 2018
Again... I uploaded the UNALTERED file from patreon to fill a request. The archive worked for me on Linux so I naturally assumed it would work for everyone else. Therefore the source must be blamed. As a convenience, I repackaged it in 7z format and you can download the BNX BTTB 5 . I do not mind filling requests if I have rare items someone wants but if it is going to be a hassle I will need to look into other sharing options.
Not your fault... The author should make sure the files aren't corrupt. It happens.

Sarducci

Nov 27, 2017
The body itself is not too bad if you combine it with some of the Dumbaby Male presets. The Thor body will put the BNX bodies to shame. The BOTTOM is downright atrocious. The skintones are mottled & It did not even come with maxis match for the gens... Simdulgence, Lunar Eclipse or Noir are better options than this. Still... someone may actually like this set, I for one was not impressed.
Well now that Lunar doesn't work, the field is rather barren of male genitalia choices. I find Noirs to be a bit cartoonish. The problem I have with this new one, is it looks bruised... which isn't what I'm looking for. Granted, one could spend time in photoshop reskinning it. I did take a brief stab at doing such, before remembering that I'm lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes