Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PutuPisReal

May 8, 2018
I've used the to check my mods and it shows many mods as conflicts because of something that S4S includes in the .package files. I never really did like that one from LL when I saw it and it might see this S4S inclusion as a reason to remove something as a duplicate. The thing I like about MCD is that it shows you which parts of the files conflict and allows you to make the decision of what to do. It also can flag .package files as being for other Sims games.
Too bad someone can't make a strait forward mod conflict detector, for example if a mod doesn't conflict don't show it. How do you know which mod to keep if they are conflicting? Especially if you're a noob and don't realize which mod would be the better one to keep. Just like duplicates, if they are not duplicates we don't need to see them on the screen. Give use a choice on screen to put them in a sperate folder or the trash bin. When you try to detect everything in a large group of mods a some people can get lost and don't know where to start from first. Having ADD makes it worse

ShaggyDhs

Sep 14, 2017
I've had this problem for a while, thought maybe I was lacking a certain expansion pack, but not so sure now. Everytime I download a Sim, either from Modthesims, or any other site, they never show up. I create a Sim and try saving it to my bin and it never works. Houses I can save that I build, but not Sims. It's been that way since I bought the game through Origins. I can get new sims from Maxis created by others, but not from sites. Anyone have an idea why?

Miaa20001

Aug 20, 2018
How do I update my game ? I didn't buy my game ,I just downloaded it from fitgirl
After downloading the update .. I would remove the mods folder then what ?!

zottevos

Jan 5, 2019
I've had this problem for a while, thought maybe I was lacking a certain expansion pack, but not so sure now. Everytime I download a Sim, either from Modthesims, or any other site, they never show up. I create a Sim and try saving it to my bin and it never works. Houses I can save that I build, but not Sims. It's been that way since I bought the game through Origins. I can get new sims from Maxis created by others, but not from sites. Anyone have an idea why?

Hey Shaggy,I'm not to sure about you're own made sims but for the sims that you download from modthesims and other sites.
Do you place every file in the mod folder because you can only place files with the package-extension in that folder.
All other extensions like HHI,SGI,TRAYITEM and Householdbinaries you have to place in a folder called "Tray" otherwise those sims don't show up i think.
Maybe i'm wrong about this and someone else knows a better solution and sorry for my english hope you understand what i said.

hrdhgrdgdrg

Feb 4, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just added by Flerb regarding the Sunburn Mod:
thanks(y)(y)(y)

ShaggyDhs

Sep 14, 2017
Hey Shaggy,I'm not to sure about you're own made sims but for the sims that you download from modthesims and other sites.
Do you place every file in the mod folder because you can only place files with the package-extension in that folder.
All other extensions like HHI,SGI,TRAYITEM and Householdbinaries you have to place in a folder called "Tray" otherwise those sims don't show up i think.
Maybe i'm wrong about this and someone else knows a better solution and sorry for my english hope you understand what i said.
Yeah I put them all in the Tray folder, I see the files there, but no Sims are showing up.

RevanXe

Oct 10, 2017
Anyone tried the Become a Sorcerer mod by Triplis? If so what's it like, would you recommend it? Cheers for any replies.

ShaggyDhs

Sep 14, 2017
And did you enable mods and customcontent in the game-options menu when you started up the sims?
Should be enabled. WW and everything else works on. I may wanna check those settings though. Maybe something is disabled that needs to be enabled?

CamiKaa

Apr 28, 2017
Anyone tried the Become a Sorcerer mod by Triplis? If so what's it like, would you recommend it? Cheers for any replies.
I never tried myself but I've seen this video showcasing it, perhaps it can show you how it does things:

Reactions: PutuPisReal

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Should be enabled. WW and everything else works on. I may wanna check those settings though. Maybe something is disabled that needs to be enabled?
When you are in the gallery, did you mark the box that shows items with custom content?

Shellie-Lee

Sep 16, 2018
Just a off hand question, in gallery do you have 'enable custom content' ticked, as I know a lot of stuff that you put in your game from outside gets put to 'custom content' even if there isn't any

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes