Ren'Py - The Sin Within [v0.4] [CigarRex]

1. 4.00 star(s)

qazpllp

# 0.4 review
    Amazing prologue section. Full of interesting, unique characters. Renders are great. The story and scenes are also really good.

I find that it takes a nosedive into a open-sandbox mechanic style. All the inertia from the prologue is lost as you mindless click around looking for the new scenes. I hope to see this mechanic vastly improved in later versions, because so much of the core story and renders are already is an amazing spot.

If nothing else, play it for the prologue. (Lilith best girl.)
  2. 4.00 star(s)

mattT9

Great game up too now the prologue was amazing the story telling great, The animations where also fantastic Only thing i felt that was a bit odd was the switch too sandbox after the prologue i don't mind sandbox games at all but i felt like it slowed the story down a lot. Fantastic work overall 4/5
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Nooly

too ambitious of a game, next time put more choices so the dude who plays it feels more engage, it bored me once I got to the sandbox part (hate sandbox), also I didn't like the textures and it's so unreal the part of the mc transforming into a devil just put a hint of what he is, not turn him into one, dude that is just cringe, thanks peace out
  4. 3.00 star(s)

HugeBeef

(Just for Info, i can't stand sandbox games, its a time sink in games where i don't want time sinks tbh, just my opinion)

This game had a good start, put in 3.5 Hours in the VN version before the game opens up the sandbox and man it's bad, from the nice VN experience with good writing and good animations overall it just opens up, and you just stand there talking with moving jpegs half the time, like cmon man, i think the dev just put in too much time in the VN Part and said fuck it lets turn up the in-game time with sandbox mechanics, walk here talk with her get her love up (the usual sandbox crap), i just saved and Quit.

Pros and cons: (only VN Part, i quit out of Sandbox)
    --> Pros:
    -Good Animation
    -Good writing
    -Very hot Models
    -Good Humor bits
    -Good MC and "Friends" lets call em (dont want to spoil)
    -Music is well-placed
    -Sounds are good where they are available

-->Cons:
    -Sandbox
    -As soon as Sandbox starts, the writing kinda went downhill in the parts i played

Very nice beginning, annoying ass sandbox yet again, good luck dev
  5. 4.00 star(s)

PhantomRem

Review For The Sin Within [v0.3]
    The game is really good so far. I'm enjoying playing as the main character, he's quite fun. I also love his family. The plot is decent, although I wish it stayed as a linear visual novel story instead of becoming a sandbox game. But I guess it's better this way because there are so many love interests in the game, and it gives us more time to focus on each character equally. The only downside is that most of the sexual scenes in the game involve women with women. There are a few scenes with the main character, but it's mostly just teasing. It's like he avoids getting intimate with women, which is a bit frustrating. I hope we get more scenes with the main character in the future because he's supposed to be really lustful. Overall, it's still a great game and I'm excited to see where the story goes with the seven sins.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Retrox2301

Pretty good game so far, I really liked the prologue, but was a bit surprised when the sandbox part started, but that's my fault, I didn't read the tags properly. I am no hater, but it's hard to get a sandbox game right, maybe the future updates will surprise me.

The Renders are good (the body fluids are a bit weird tho), you get a big variation of body proportions, (small boobs for the win), which I really like, usually u only get comically large boobies, but this game has a good mix.

The story is interesting, nothing new, but it doesn't feel so "sterile" like a lot of similar stories.

That being said, I wish the Dev good luck with the game, and i really, really hope you get it right with the sandbox

Retrox2301

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

blubluca

Truthfully this is a 4/5 stars game due to the flaws i'll mention below, but the game has a lot of potential and i can easily see its becoming one of my favorites so I'm giving it 5 stars as a vote of confidence to the dev.

The renders, animations and mainly the art style are the best aspect of the game by far, it's very unique and works beautifully in crafting both the cutes and lewds moments. The LI's models are also great, with good variation of body types and archetypes, I already felt in love for the MC family.

The plot is the usual MC gaining seductions powers out of nothing, BUT with a very interesting bakground story in the SINs subplot, it has the potential to become something more but it is still too early to tell. The writing is what is to be expected of a stardard good VN, nothing out of the ordinary but with clear and easy to follow dialogue and no glaring errors that i noticed.

Now, my main and only gripe about the game is that it has TOO MUCH TEASING and TOO MANY CHARACTERS. It looks likes the MC activelly tries to avoid going further in the lewd scenes, and honestly made me fell blueballed a lot of times, lol. I had the impression tha the women being affected by the MC's power had more action than the MC himself.

This problem coupled with the too large of a cast makes me fear that the game will become a teasing fest with a bunch of characters that i dont care, while the main plot and delevopment with the main girls will be forgotten. I hope i get proven wrong in this regard.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Smol Latin Weeb

The game has potential. I appreciate the kinda original character's designs, honestly a very welcome touch. The plot until now is nothing out of the ordinary: plain MC gets powers that allow him to fuck everything within reach, additionaly there's also the sins plot going on. Hopefully the dev can connect all characters with that main story. Also on that note... way. too. many. characters. Hope that won't backfire, so many characters with sandbox could feel like a chore down the line, both for development and players. good luck
  9. 2.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Game version: 0.3

Boring game with great potential.

The first ~ 10-15 minutes of gameplay are nothing but teasing and reading. Tits, tight pants etc. everywhere, but the MC masterfully avoids every chance to get laid.
    To make things worse, *SPOILER* he misses his first chance of banging a female hooker by focussing only on pleasuring her with his oversized dick just hanging around. CRINGE
    It's a shame the dev couldn't manage to at least show me what he was capable of during the intro.
    What remains is a ok-ish, but overly text-heavy story and wasted time, before I stopped playing this.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Caim777

Played v3. So far enjoying it a lot! The game is still in it's early stages so there isn't much of those scenes yet but the premise and character personality are both likeable. Different from the usual and very pleasant to follow along.
    Not sure when or what the next update is, but hoping it would include more actual scenes of making the LI fall for the MC.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Stoutxdz

Absolutely loved what I've seen so far. That is one of the most impressive games i already played, especially the history and the characters, where one is more fun than the other, that not saying about the girls that are hot as it could be; i am putting a lot of hype on this one and so far it has delivered everything.

By the way, Penny best girl :)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

xiensk

After Deviant Anomalies labeled as a abandoned project i found this and this is a wild ride ngl

wild prologue, great scene, unique character.

I like the story tho and the animation very smooth

9/10
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

This was a wild ride, I enjoyed it a lot. We have a proactive MC with an actual personality. There are moments where he's genuinely enjoying himself by his lonesome and having the time of his life. Loved to see that. Usually, the only enjoyment that MCs in AVNs get is from sex, but this one goes looking for what he wants and does it.

I do have some issues with the game, though. I think we should have more choices on how to interact and some big decisions are made for you, but as long as we get a little bit more agency, we're good. Also, the MC is too small, lol. The girls are HUGE, like actually huge and buff, the contrast is too jarring to watch, but a good game other than that, and it can be made better.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

EstrangeNS

The Sin Within [v0.2.1] - Review

Introduction:
    I was initially drawn in by the unique renders, but stayed for the compelling story.

Graphics: The renders are very high quality, and there seem to be a lot of custom/customized assets used. A lot of the animations might be custom as well, not sure.

Sound/Music: The music was good, it set the tone and feel of the game very well. The sound was alright, but there is a single moan used by all the girls... That could use some variation...

Storyline/Plot: I don't want to spoil anything (it's that good). I will say that the writing is pretty incredible, and the characters are well written so far.

Gameplay: Yet to be seen much, but if his sandbox is as good as the writing, I'd say this could end up being one of the best HS2 games.

User Interface: The VN UI is custom and pretty clean. Once you reach the sandbox preview, you unlock things like a phone and the character viewer which are really nice. My one complaint is that the scroll box on the character viewer recenters the scroll bar to your mouse each time you grab it... bothers me just a little...

Technical Performance: I didn't run into any issues. [My Specs]

Replay Value: More than most... There are a few times when you can pick between choices that give you different scenes.

Overall Impression: We are witnessing the birth of a great VN.
    Not only does it have an actually intriguing story, but it is pretty high up there on fapability. The game hits you with scene after scene, never found myself bored with this one. Seeing how the Dev is using SS, I hope we can expect some darker themes and more taboo content.

Final Score: 10/10

Conclusion:
    If you like Male Protag and HS2, This is the game for you!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

monkey D fluffy

TLDR
    Play the game you wont regret it, animation 5/5, renders 5/5, characters 5/5, story so far 5/5

A bit more meat to the bone, while not the best review writer ill try my best.

Not often i get hooked on a game, i usually want something to get my kink of and move to the next game. I usually dont care for the story and hate long conversations between characters.

But in this game i actually read through it. IDK if this is a spoiler but i like the whole 7 deadly sins theme, i for one have not seen anything like in any other game here.

I like the build up with the family and how the story is progressing, im really not sure how to put this in words all i can say is try the game ( you'll understand when you see the night club scenes), the love between mc and the characters is really hot.

by the end of 0.2.1 you get the gist of who you are and what your mission is, and thats where the sandbox begins and where this version ends.

the few lewd scenes we have seen so far are done really well,
    there are some clipping issues but nothing that sticks out like a sore thumb.

As of now i dont really have anything negative to say until further updates.
    I guess i should say dev if you are reading this. please dont abandon this project, and do not get burnt out.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

thegeo

Excellent setup and a damn lot of content for an early release. No idea what the update schedule/size of updates is going to be like here, but I will just say that this is a game to keep an eye on.

Characters here have a very interesting dynamic and although some things are slightly rougher around the edges (small bits of clipping here and there) the animations are good, and character designs are unique and varied. Also has probably my favorite "buddies going to the strip club/out clubbing" scene of any game I have played on the site, really like everything that ive seen so far and am looking forward to seeing more.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Uroboros_33

one of the best games on the site.

-Great female characters models
    -Very nice story and not rushed or too much slow coocked

-Finally a likeable MC that's not a douche or a complete moron getting
    showered with pussy because he's the only functioning sex male in the area

-Renders for the sex parts are on point (even if there's just a few for now)

-Introduction is a bit long but is done perfectly and really gets you to know all the caracters instead of just trowing them out with as you go

You should really give this a try. Can't wait for more updates
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ArathanBonearmour

I like the story, but it feels inconsistent between scenes. I'm willing to forgive it because everything else is really good. Great graphics, beautiful girls, and while the main character has its ups and downs, it's certainly better than ones that have been very insufferable and unlikeable. I can get used to him.

The sex scenes are also great, since you have some with a deal of corruption, or something more on the good side. This is a game of sin after all. 5/5 Would smash

19. 5.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for V0.2.1

The Sin Within is a refreshingly different take on the corruption genre. I'd hesitate to call it an actual slow burn, but it is a slower paced plot that what you'd normally expect when given powers that can turn everyone around you into lust machines. This is something I really appreciate.

For someone like me who isn't that into corruption games and places more value on pacing and writing, this game feels accessible. This isn't the fuckfest I might have expected it to be given the theme. There's life to the characters, competent dialogue (with an enjoyably unique style), humor, some action, a potentially interesting story, a large variety of love interests, and an MC who doesn't make me want to smash my head into a wall when he speaks. Essentially, this has a lot of parts that make for a great AVN.

The key for me enjoying this is the pacing. We aren't suddenly flipping a switch on our mom and fucking her brains out. Does it still move faster than what I'm normally comfortable with? For sure, but I'm finding myself not minding it as much. Admittedly there were a couple moments that raised doubts. That club scene went from 0-100 really fast as an example. But it was also balanced out by taking the time to show a lot of normal non-lewd scenes that just build up character for the game.

The devils/seven sins element seems like it will be interesting as well. I liked greed a lot as a character and am looking forward to seeing the rest of the sins. That idea of being able to make thralls/servants has also piqued my interest. Looking forward to seeing how that is explored.

I expect a lot of people are going to complain about the choice of going sandbox, but I think it's the right one. By the end of the prologue, I was wondering how the game was going to handle all of the different characters and subplots. A sandbox seems like a good answer. Done right, I love them personally. It's in a very early state though so it's hard to talk much more about it.

Despite being so new, the prologue is meaty and has hours worth of content. A rare case where I'd recommend checking out the game now instead of waiting for more updates if you're on the fence. I had fun with the game and am looking forward to seeing how it develops.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

LionHeart131

I've played a lot of these games on the site and this one a breath of fresh air in my opinion. It's a game that has a lot of variety to offer right off the bat which is great compared to other games that follow the same pattern over and over again. I like how not every girl abides by the usual formulas of these games as well such as Vivian. Can't wait to see more of this game and the development of it.