RPGM Abandoned The Sledgehammer of Light [Demo] [ApatheticMoron]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
SHoL Titlescreen.png
Overview:
A fantasy style RPG following the adventure of a new hero chosen by a powerful, holy weapon setting out to defeat an ancient evil...
Sounds generic enough?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated: 31/01-2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: Demo
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:
- -

SHoL Titlescreen.png Sample 1.png Sample 2.png Sample 5.png Sample 4.png Sample 6.png

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Just posting this to hopefully get some feedback. Granted the pictures are a bit lacking, but I've only been doing it for a month now so hopefully I'll get better as I work on this.

I'm also in need of some beta testers for the 0.1 release in a couple of weeks. If you're interested PM me.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Oh, those genres. A sight for sore eyes. :FeelsGoodMan:
This looks good.
I'll take lacking pictures over no pictures any day. And these aren't even bad. This is pretty decent for only a month of experience.
Too many people in my home right now to give the game a proper test, but so far you have my attention. :)

Qster

Jul 12, 2017
I know the tags mention the fact that there is both a male and a female character, but the description reads that the hero we start the game as isn't the one we'll play in the long run. How will this works? Will we play as a female, a male, or will we switch between the two as the story progress?

Reactions: ponyguy

Xig320

May 23, 2017
i played the demo and the art is really good ( excepted at the hunter house when the ghost show the body of fayte, that was horrific :/)
The humor is good, light hearted but predictable( magnus litterally muten roshi - dbz)
I really hope you change armors and weapon, who get a visible effect ( If both of protagonist go fight the demon lord in tunic that would be pretty problematic)
For me :
+Good art overall
+Interface is good
+Day/night mechanic
+RPG
+Light hearted humor...

-... but might be predictable and become boring in the long run
-Really need a map( it's in early stage, i can understand but in the future it might be handy)
-Sometime art is a bit freaky ( in handjob scene chloe hand is a bit small compared to her torso + Hunter house Fayte)
-the sound of letter appearing in text, i don't know if i can lower the sound myself but i will do it if possible.

At the end, i really think it might be a great game with thoses day/night parts , 100% i'll follow and review your game when i got time

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
None of the pictures are final as of yet. As I stated, I've really only been drawing for a month (haven't drawn anything since highschool, which was way too long ago) and all of these pictures were done in the last 8-10 days or so. I'm not happy with any of them yet so everything will probably be replaced wholesale as I get better.

Did you find the hidden event in the village at night? I was really unsure about that picture.

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback.

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Ah man, I love Salvation. And I love the sound of this. I'll let them sink into all the depravity. :heartcoveredeyes:
Yeah, I've loved everything Clymenia has done. Having the character separate in town is a fantastic way to get around the SOD issue of having a character get molested while their friend is standing them like a gormless idiot and never makes any comment afterwards.

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
This looks interesting. I'm always down for a female protagonist.
Will there be different routes depending on player choices?
Regarding the blackmail/dark stuff, I'm hoping that will be avoidable?

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
i played the demo and the art is really good ( excepted at the hunter house when the ghost show the body of fayte, that was horrific :/)
The humor is good, light hearted but predictable( magnus litterally muten roshi - dbz)
I really hope you change armors and weapon, who get a visible effect ( If both of protagonist go fight the demon lord in tunic that would be pretty problematic)
For me :
+Good art overall
+Interface is good
+Day/night mechanic
+RPG
+Light hearted humor...

-... but might be predictable and become boring in the long run
-Really need a map( it's in early stage, i can understand but in the future it might be handy)
-Sometime art is a bit freaky ( in handjob scene chloe hand is a bit small compared to her torso + Hunter house Fayte)
-the sound of letter appearing in text, i don't know if i can lower the sound myself but i will do it if possible.

At the end, i really think it might be a great game with thoses day/night parts , 100% i'll follow and review your game when i got time
Thanks for the detailed comments.

Yeah the story is going to be a little cliche at points, it's basically the typical RPG fare everyone is used to. Travel from town to town, dungeon delving and doing side quests along the way with the aim of taking on the Demon Lord. The aim is to spice things up with a rival character (she was seen for a little in the demo and returns in a larger role in a optional side quest in 0.1), Chloe and Fayte's very own Team Rocket in the form of a trio of bandits appearing in 0.3 and you will be forced into choosing either Chloe or Fayte's methods of dealing with obstacles and enemies that will have fallout of various degrees.

For the map, did you mean an in game overworld or a map file outside the game to help find your way? If you think you are getting lost there's a quest journal in the menu that I'm trying to ensure has decent directions. Magnus will give the girls a quick travel item in either 0.1 or 0.2 to return to previously visited locations.

Magnus plays the typical role of wise old pervert. If you lost a battle with the girls (or tried out their suicide specials abilities) you will find out the sort of role you can expect from him starting in 0.3.

There's a new staff type weapon for Fayte in the demo that trades off some magic damage for more physical damage. Swords will be available for Chloe (there's also one in the demo but it doesn't out damage the sledgehammer) which will be important if you decide not to empower the Sledgehammer. New armour will start appearing in the next update as well but it won't have a visual effect unfortunately, I'm not going to have the time to draw multiple of every portrait for every armour. Chloe's tunic should have been replaced by leather gear with her class change.

I'll look into the text sound. I normally have the sound dropped to 20% when I play RPG Maker MV games and I've been watching Married with Children whilst testing this so I didn't notice.

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
This looks interesting. I'm always down for a female protagonist.
Will there be different routes depending on player choices?
Regarding the blackmail/dark stuff, I'm hoping that will be avoidable?
My goal is to have most of the content be optional, you shouldn't be forced into anything. That said this game is supposed to be light and funny, the blackmail and non-con sort of events don't have the same effect on the girls that you might typically expect, Chloe as she'd be willing if they just asked and Fayte has an unusual heritage that will only be discovered if you go looking in a far future update.

There's multiple endings, not including bad ends like the one in the demo. At various points in the story Chloe and Fayte will provide conflicting paths for the player to choose between that will have short and long term consequences. Some quests will be multi-path (which is why I'm desperate for beta testers for the next update), providing a few ways to solve things, typically violence vs circumvention vs seduction.

Xig320

May 23, 2017
Thanks for the detailed comments.

Yeah the story is going to be a little cliche at points, it's basically the typical RPG fare everyone is used to. Travel from town to town, dungeon delving and doing side quests along the way with the aim of taking on the Demon Lord. The aim is to spice things up with a rival character (she was seen for a little in the demo and returns in a larger role in a optional side quest in 0.1), Chloe and Fayte's very own Team Rocket in the form of a trio of bandits appearing in 0.3 and you will be forced into choosing either Chloe or Fayte's methods of dealing with obstacles and enemies that will have fallout of various degrees.

For the map, did you mean an in game overworld or a map file outside the game to help find your way? If you think you are getting lost there's a quest journal in the menu that I'm trying to ensure has decent directions. Magnus will give the girls a quick travel item in either 0.1 or 0.2 to return to previously visited locations.

Magnus plays the typical role of wise old pervert. If you lost a battle with the girls (or tried out their suicide specials abilities) you will find out the sort of role you can expect from him starting in 0.3.

There's a new staff type weapon for Fayte in the demo that trades off some magic damage for more physical damage. Swords will be available for Chloe (there's also one in the demo but it doesn't out damage the sledgehammer) which will be important if you decide not to empower the Sledgehammer. New armour will start appearing in the next update as well but it won't have a visual effect unfortunately, I'm not going to have the time to draw multiple of every portrait for every armour. Chloe's tunic should have been replaced by leather gear with her class change.

I'll look into the text sound. I normally have the sound dropped to 20% when I play RPG Maker MV games and I've been watching Married with Children whilst testing this so I didn't notice.
Have you ever played Pokemon Red Fire ? this is the type of map i talked about, simplistic and understandable, not a detailed map.
As for the armor , i was refering to a special armor ( like you did the main quest and one for the reward is a great armor, if you equip it, you get a visual upgrade. not all armors need to do that. You could make a bunny armor suit and it's mendatory to equip it i certain area. Afterward you could keep it for the style but it got pretty average stats.) Personally, i think the leather armor is a bit sketchy.

I tried to search the night event, without any results: i tried to talk with the guard, i followed him across the village, i tried to open doors and i searched my own inventory.
Still laughed at the picture death of the hero, i really hope you could give a timing when you will upload the next patch, i'm hyped

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
My goal is to have most of the content be optional, you shouldn't be forced into anything. That said this game is supposed to be light and funny, the blackmail and non-con sort of events don't have the same effect on the girls that you might typically expect, Chloe as she'd be willing if they just asked and Fayte has an unusual heritage that will only be discovered if you go looking in a far future update.

There's multiple endings, not including bad ends like the one in the demo. At various points in the story Chloe and Fayte will provide conflicting paths for the player to choose between that will have short and long term consequences. Some quests will be multi-path (which is why I'm desperate for beta testers for the next update), providing a few ways to solve things, typically violence vs circumvention vs seduction.
Sounds good to me. I like it when developers make scenes optional and don't force you into anything :3
I guess I'm part of the minority here who prefers consensual stuff haha.

Btw, do you plan on adding some lesbian scenes as well?

Reactions: apathy

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Have you ever played Pokemon Red Fire ? this is the type of map i talked about, simplistic and understandable, not a detailed map.
As for the armor , i was refering to a special armor ( like you did the main quest and one for the reward is a great armor, if you equip it, you get a visual upgrade. not all armors need to do that. You could make a bunny armor suit and it's mendatory to equip it i certain area. Afterward you could keep it for the style but it got pretty average stats.) Personally, i think the leather armor is a bit sketchy.

I tried to search the night event, without any results: i tried to talk with the guard, i followed him across the village, i tried to open doors and i searched my own inventory.
Still laughed at the picture death of the hero, i really hope you could give a timing when you will upload the next patch, i'm hyped
I'll look into that map.

I'm planning some limited costume changes (bikinis, french maid etc) for side quests and events but the girls will return to their base costume afterwards.

0.1 should be released next month, hopefully released to any testers within 2 weeks and then to everyone else.

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Sounds good to me. I like it when developers make scenes optional and don't force you into anything :3
I guess I'm part of the minority here who prefers consensual stuff haha.

Btw, do you plan on adding some lesbian scenes as well?
Lesbian content for sure. Chloe and Fayte swing both ways and will have a liaison during an optional side quest in the next update with more to follow.

As far as how scenes will be made optional might not be intuitive unfortunately. Losing battles will lock you into seeing things, playing some side quests or interacting with certain NPCs will do the same. Some of the choices you make (typically choosing the Chloe option) will lock you into things. So when I say optional it might end up being that you may not know ahead of time that you've made a choice that will result in you seeing something you don't like.

I'll have a think about it and maybe try and add a scene skip or something.

Reactions: Asuminoya

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
first 5 minutes in game *YOU DIED* well, i wasn't expecting to be playing dark souls to die like that. :FeelsBadMan:

pd: im liking chole so far 7w7

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote