RPGM Abandoned The Sledgehammer of Light [Demo] [ApatheticMoron]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Hi and thanks for the kind words, ponyguy and JhonBraun.

I've been powering through what I need to get done for the 0.1 release all weekend.

Just completed my first ever mini game last night. Not sure what the response will be. It's a waitressing mini game for Chloe were you need to serve customers within 10 seconds of them having an exclamation mark appear over their heads. The male customers have a chance of molesting you and get felt up 7 times and that's an orgasm, Chloe collapses, ending the mini game and losing half your earnings.

Still needs a lot of balancing, but a few people have accepted my request for betas so hopefully they'll be able to set me straight when they've tested it.

I also seem to have solved the map lag and targeting bugs, but this is in the playtest version not a compiled version, so once again I'll have to wait and see until I have enough done to warrant testing.

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Just completed my first ever mini game last night. Not sure what the response will be. It's a waitressing mini game for Chloe were you need to serve customers within 10 seconds of them having an exclamation mark appear over their heads. The male customers have a chance of molesting you and get felt up 7 times and that's an orgasm, Chloe collapses, ending the mini game and losing half your earnings.
Well then, I'll be failing that one a lot. Totally not on purpose, of course. :angel::evilsmile:

zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
This game is pretty damn cool, I have nothing to say that hasn't been allready said here though.

The new portraits you've shown are really good, the old ones weren't that bad either but this is way better.

Anyways I like the direction this game is taking and as long as it has plenty of ahegao in it I'm happy :)

Also I see in the preview pics that there is a scene with Fayte bathing? How do you get that one?

Reactions: apathy and ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Also I see in the preview pics that there is a scene with Fayte bathing? How do you get that one?
When you get to the town don't immediately go to the village chief. Go to the path in the top left and you'll find her home there. Then just peek through the window after you talk to her and she goes inside.

Reactions: apathy and zxcvtr

zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
When you get to the town don't immediately go to the village chief. Go to the path in the top left and you'll find her home there. Then just peek through the window after you talk to her and she goes inside.
Thanks!

Also how do I get that night event apathy was talking about? I did what he said in the spoiler but I couldn't get the scene.

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
This game is pretty damn cool, I have nothing to say that hasn't been allready said here though.

The new portraits you've shown are really good, the old ones weren't that bad either but this is way better.

Anyways I like the direction this game is taking and as long as it has plenty of ahegao in it I'm happy :)

Thanks for the kind words.

These portraits are placeholders as well, I want something less static for a final version, not a stiff torso and head. Ideally I'd like to do an entire pose per expression like you see in professional Japanese VNs or a Disgaea game, but that's way, way down the line.

One of this game's goals is to be a personal improvement project so I can get better at the art, writing and game making for some more interesting future projects. So expect any asset to be replaced in the future as I start getting competent and revising the game.

The game I'm really keen to make is my next one, a semi-spinoff of this one, but that one is way beyond my abilities right now and will stay on the backburner until this is done.

And yes, ahego faces are a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine, so they should be present in any 'satisfactory' experience the girls have.

Reactions: zxcvtr and ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
These portraits are placeholders as well, I want something less static for a final version, not a stiff torso and head. Ideally I'd like to do an entire pose per expression like you see in professional Japanese VNs or a Disgaea game, but that's way, way down the line.
Static or not, as long as Chloe gets to keep those sweet abs I'll be happy with whatever you draw. :heartcoveredeyes:

And yes, ahego faces are a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine, so they should be present in any 'satisfactory' experience the girls have.
:FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: apathy

zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
Thanks for the kind words.

One of this game's goals is to be a personal improvement project so I can get better at the art, writing and game making for some more interesting future projects. So expect any asset to be replaced in the future as I start getting competent and revising the game.

The game I'm really keen to make is my next one, a semi-spinoff of this one, but that one is way beyond my abilities right now and will stay on the backburner until this is done.

Cool! Does this mean your next game will be set in the same universe as this one?

Also how do you plan on releasing updates? Because with the art style and general setting this game is quickly going up my favourite list and I can't wait for future versions :D

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Cool! Does this mean your next game will be set in the same universe as this one?

Also how do you plan on releasing updates? Because with the art style and general setting this game is quickly going up my favourite list and I can't wait for future versions :D
The next game is mentioned on my Patreon page:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Major updates for this game are planned to be in patterns of 3:

1st update - visit new town, sidequests, mini games and some sexy events
2nd update - main quest (typically defeating the towns resident Demon General) and final sexy events
3rd update - optional dungeon, new defeat events (with Magnus) and night events

0.1 which is due to tie off the current main quest and most of Oakvale's sidequests is due this month. 0.2 with an unknown release will have a couple more sidequests, more events. 0.3 will be the first dungeon, more night events and Magnus defeat events.

0.4 will be the first pledged update. A visit to the new town of Gushing Springs, a resort town with mixed bathing and a redlight district - including a brothel - and plenty of trouble for someone to lead the girls into.

Once I hit this point there'll be a delay between the patron release and the public release I post here for you guys, hopefully under 2-weeks but I won't know for sure as the content is going to start diverging between versions and it might take some time to modify things.

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Oh man, I love Persona. And all those meters and systems. :FeelsGoodMan:

Only thing it's missing is sex stats, and I could die a happy man.
Like in the recent Oneoneone games? Where it shows a panel of mouth, breast, pussy and arse and a useage/sensitivity rating and a number of partners, times inseminated etc? That's doable.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Like in the recent Oneoneone games? Where it shows a panel of mouth, breast, pussy and arse and a useage/sensitivity rating and a number of partners, times inseminated etc? That's doable.
Yeah, something like that would be great. Even just having a generic list telling me how many times the characters have done a specific sexual act is enough for me. Don't worry about it too much if it's a lot of work though. It's just something I like having in H-games. I don't want you to waste too much time on small things like that just because I asked. I'd feel bad.

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Fayte bathing censored.png

Still plugging away for the 0.1 release. The game side is done and mostly tested, just waiting on the pictures and dialogue to be finished. Aiming to have a beta ready for testers towards the end of next week and the release after it's done testing.

So still on schedule for this month at this rate.

zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
I'm assuming that's the replacement for the current bath scene? Is this next version going to have only the new versions or a couple of extra scenes as well?

Anyway, it looks great! Can't wait for the update!

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
I'm assuming that's the replacement for the current bath scene? Is this next version going to have only the new versions or a couple of extra scenes as well?

Anyway, it looks great! Can't wait for the update!
0.1 will be a small main quest (really only an excuse to force you to play the side quests but hopefully you’ll forgive me this time), one major side quest with multiple paths which introduces the girls’ main rival and 3 smaller side quests and a mini game and a few events.

I think I totaled it at somewhere like 38 new pictures? I’m on the phone and don’t have the count in front of me right now and some of the pictures will be variations rather than completely different pictures (pre and post-penetration and then glazed).

As the dialogue and everything is still being written I don’t have a play time for you but it will be considerably longer than the demo.

Edit - Just been back home to let a tech in to fix the internet and checked my notes.

There's 19 new pictures for a total of 36-38 when variations are included. This doesn't include the pictures being redone from the demo, there were 11 in the demo with one variation during the Hero's BJ scene. All the demo pictures minus the Hero's death (I liked it, sue me) and the onsen voyeur (being removed to save time) will be replaced, with an extra 2 variations being added to the night event for a total of 12 including variations. So a grand total of 49-51 CGs including variations in 0.1.

Also I'm not going to have time to update Magnus' portraits so that'll roll over into the next update.

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Okay, I'm a couple of days over the deadline I set for myself for the beta, but it hasn't been time wasted. I came across a program that allows you to pose dolls that has massively increased my ability to create the rough drafts for the CGs. This of course lead to me remaking a bunch of the pictures that I wasn't particularly happy with.

And then I fell down the rabbit hole of trying to get good at drawing baby batter which is something I never thought I'd end up doing.

At about 11.30pm last night I realised I definitely wasn't going to make the release and I'm being a bit ridiculous trying to get so much done on a work night.

So I'm taking tonight off to catch up on sleep and I'll finish remaking the last few pictures on Friday night and Saturday morning and have a final playthrough before a beta release either that afternoon or Sunday depending on if I run into any issues with the test run.

Posed dolls.png Rough draft.png Baby batter.png Sara Intro.png

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Okay, I'm a couple of days over the deadline I set for myself for the beta, but it hasn't been time wasted. I came across a program that allows you to pose dolls that has massively increased my ability to create the rough drafts for the CGs. This of course lead to me remaking a bunch of the pictures that I wasn't particularly happy with.

And then I fell down the rabbit hole of trying to get good at drawing baby batter which is something I never thought I'd end up doing.

At about 11.30pm last night I realised I definitely wasn't going to make the release and I'm being a bit ridiculous trying to get so much done on a work night.

So I'm taking tonight off to catch up on sleep and I'll finish remaking the last few pictures on Friday night and Saturday morning and have a final playthrough before a beta release either that afternoon or Sunday depending on if I run into any issues with the test run.

View attachment 73141 View attachment 73142 View attachment 73143 View attachment 73144
Hot damn those dolls and that sketch look good.
And we're getting a new sexy warrior babe? Yay!

apathy

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
13-3.png

Chloe's been a naughty girl... I'll probably post a few of the replacement pictures as I work through them.

Hot damn those dolls and that sketch look good.
And we're getting a new sexy warrior babe? Yay!
She's the rival character that will provide a bit of conflict to the girls throughout the game. She behaves as a temporary party member in 0.1 but doesn't have any naked fun time at this point.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
View attachment 73523

Chloe's been a naughty girl... I'll probably post a few of the replacement pictures as I work through them.
If Chloe has been naughty why is she getting rewarded? :p

She's the rival character that will provide a bit of conflict to the girls throughout the game. She behaves as a temporary party member in 0.1 but doesn't have any naked fun time at this point.
Well, I look forward to the many scenes she will be subjected to in the future. And possibly the many scenes she might subject our lovely ladies to. Ah, the perks of having female leads on both sides. No matter who wins, someone is getting something shoved up their vagoo. XD

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote