RPGM Completed The Story of the Devil's Daughter [v1.01] [NodAtelier]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
So admins, how long until you realise we need a [MTL] Prefix for thread titles to stop all the posts about how shit MTL are when they're posted?

Grimreaper24

Nov 23, 2019
Could someone tell me how to use the alchemy pot I'm trying to figure out how to make the bomb the mtl doesn't help with half English and half Japanese

Punlord Sdri

Dec 4, 2018
I fixed the errors in the game script to hopefully prevent any game breaking errors that could of occurred. That being said this game is a mess and I still cannot guarantee it will not shit the bed somewhere during play. I would say play at your own risk and if you do encounter errors without my patch or especially using it please leave a post here and I will do what I can to fix it.
Well, well, well... Don't mind if i do.
Prepare for a meaty pile.

Starting off strong and hard
i tried without patch, with patch and the fix, nothing fixes my problems so have at me!

The menu under skills, which i assume is for learning them, does not exist, i can use the menu, but there is absolutely nothing in the menu, NOTHING!
The alchemy pot thing, first of all the one in your room does nothing, NOTHING! The second one in the shop open up a menu which AGAIN! has NOTHING! i can only go through some tabs which i assume is tiers and types of stuff, BUT NOTHING IS ANYWHERE!
Am i getting my point across?
I have played for 3 hours now, the only way i can play is basic attack, go through whatever maps i can to level up, getting stuck at gaps, rocks and other fun stuff.
Difficulty spikes quite a bit from area to area.
Here is where my confusion is extreme, starting the game, and going through it, every single thing is unlocked right of the bat, i can see every single quest, challenge, map and the entire gallery, however i don't have those quests, throughout my play it says new areas are now available even though... every single map is on the list regardless.
Since i can't make shit on either alchemy pot and skills don't exist, the game becomes, quite literally, impossible.
After 3 hours, i got to level 13, still can't beat anything past area 3, no skills, no equipment enhancements, no armor boosts.
All i have are potions, basic attacks, and overdrive, most useless skill of all, as i never get a chance to use it for anything but basic attack.

So my dear friend (soon-to-be-friend?, assosiate?, accomplice?) , there is my list of the problems i have run into so far.
Sincerely good luck to you.

Edit: i should add that, the only boss i can even get to at this point is in area 3, thankfully its a mansion with no gaps or rocks, but beating her is a different story as she is surrounded by enemies which come in groups of 2 or 3, and she has 5 guards fighting with her even though she is 5x stronger than them, NATURALLY beating her is going to take way too long.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Well, well, well... Don't mind if i do.
Prepare for a meaty pile.

Starting off strong and hard
i tried without patch, with patch and the fix, nothing fixes my problems so have at me!

The menu under skills, which i assume is for learning them, does not exist, i can use the menu, but there is absolutely nothing in the menu, NOTHING!
The alchemy pot thing, first of all the one in your room does nothing, NOTHING! The second one in the shop open up a menu which AGAIN! has NOTHING! i can only go through some tabs which i assume is tiers and types of stuff, BUT NOTHING IS ANYWHERE!
Am i getting my point across?
I have played for 3 hours now, the only way i can play is basic attack, go through whatever maps i can to level up, getting stuck at gaps, rocks and other fun stuff.
Difficulty spikes quite a bit from area to area.
Here is where my confusion is extreme, starting the game, and going through it, every single thing is unlocked right of the bat, i can see every single quest, challenge, map and the entire gallery, however i don't have those quests, throughout my play it says new areas are now available even though... every single map is on the list regardless.
Since i can't make shit on either alchemy pot and skills don't exist, the game becomes, quite literally, impossible.
After 3 hours, i got to level 13, still can't beat anything past area 3, no skills, no equipment enhancements, no armor boosts.
All i have are potions, basic attacks, and overdrive, most useless skill of all, as i never get a chance to use it for anything but basic attack.

So my dear friend (soon-to-be-friend?, assosiate?, accomplice?) , there is my list of the problems i have run into so far.
Sincerely good luck to you.

Edit: i should add that, the only boss i can even get to at this point is in area 3, thankfully its a mansion with no gaps or rocks, but beating her is a different story as she is surrounded by enemies which come in groups of 2 or 3, and she has 5 guards fighting with her even though she is 5x stronger than them, NATURALLY beating her is going to take way too long.
Long story short, this entire game is broken by the MTL. I didn't bother to check everything as when I do bug fixes Like I did I look for very specific things, things that make the game crash and fix those. Now that you brought it up I took another look and this game is broken in many ways more then I originally saw. The things you mentoined Items, skills equipment, essentially all the games core systems are broken. Fixing them would be more time consuming then I would be interested in investing into.

EDIT: I have a good idea of what is broken and how to fix the problems with this game. The problem is I don't really have the time nor the desire to dedicate anymore to this building a patch for this game. Too much of it is broken and honestly some of the stuff that is broken are segments of code I am not that familiar with so i would need to reverse engineer the code from the Japanese game too fix it. That is far too time consuming. This game is fucked and should be removed from the site in my opinion.

That would give it a fair shot at being translated by someone with a respect for code because this is just disgraceful. More crap from Stigmata.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gummiel

Punlord Sdri

Dec 4, 2018
Long story short, this entire game is broken by the MTL. I didn't bother to check everything as when I do bug fixes Like I did I look for very specific things, things that make the game crash and fix those. Now that you brought it up I took another look and this game is broken in many ways more then I originally saw. The things you mentoined Items, skills equipment, essentially all the games core systems are broken. Fixing them would be more time consuming then I would be interested in investing into.

EDIT: I have a good idea of what is broken and how to fix the problems with this game. The problem is I don't really have the time nor the desire to dedicate anymore to this building a patch for this game. Too much of it is broken and honestly some of the stuff that is broken are segments of code I am not that familiar with so i would need to reverse engineer the code from the Japanese game too fix it. That is far too time consuming. This game is fucked and should be removed from the site in my opinion.

That would give it a fair shot at being translated by someone with a respect for code because this is just disgraceful. More crap from Stigmata.
Oh yea, it broke real good.
Progression is so difficult that its also way too time consuming for me to want to play it as well, guess i'll just have to go find the japanese version, try to learn hiragana in 5 different styles, fail horribly because japanese is a mishmash of things that are overly complicated, and finally go play something else.

I respect that alot, and i agree, this should not be here at all, i took the chance to look through some of the data files, even though i know next to nothing about anything remotely related to it.
I saw several places where a few select but entire lines of code, seemingly just ceased to exist.
I actually started to seriously ponder whether my absolute ignorance of code is to blame or if the code just decided to not make any sense whatsoever.

Don't people usually isolate the text, and THEN machine translate it? or is that the reason it broke in the first place?
I don't know anything about these complicated maneuvers.
I just felt like sharing my experience since, well, after spending a total of 5 hours, 3 on the first try, 2 hours on the others and looking through the folder... my overly agitated confusion got the better of me, i needed answers.

Sorry for the walls of text.
Thanks though.

(P.S. take a guess at how long i tried to make the alchemy pots do something, it just refused despite anything and everything i did to it)

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Oh yea, it broke real good.
Progression is so difficult that its also way too time consuming for me to want to play it as well, guess i'll just have to go find the japanese version, try to learn hiragana in 5 different styles, fail horribly because japanese is a mishmash of things that are overly complicated, and finally go play something else.

I respect that alot, and i agree, this should not be here at all, i took the chance to look through some of the data files, even though i know next to nothing about anything remotely related to it.
I saw several places where a few select but entire lines of code, seemingly just ceased to exist.
I actually started to seriously ponder whether my absolute ignorance of code is to blame or if the code just decided to not make any sense whatsoever.

Don't people usually isolate the text, and THEN machine translate it? or is that the reason it broke in the first place?
I don't know anything about these complicated maneuvers.
I just felt like sharing my experience since, well, after spending a total of 5 hours, 3 on the first try, 2 hours on the others and looking through the folder... my overly agitated confusion got the better of me, i needed answers.

Sorry for the walls of text.
Thanks though.

(P.S. take a guess at how long i tried to make the alchemy pots do something, it just refused despite anything and everything i did to it)
Real translators do isolate the text and translate it then put it back in. Even if you are using a machine like google translate you isolate the text, edit it and then put it back in without destroying the scripting tags (even better you do it in engine so you run less chance of breaking things and getting the accursed text run off the screen of doom issue). Careless glory hounds who just want those sweet sweet likes run it through google and call it a day. Glory hounds like Stigmata. I will keep name drop this guy as long as I have to so people know exactly who is shitting out these broke ass games.

Even if you don't understand all the code you can usually see where something isn't right and with enough experience you can start to anticipate where the problems will arise and look for them ahead of time. I knew exactly what was wrong when you wrote your first message because of experience. The sheer fact this games code confused you is not your fault but rather the fact that google really shit the bed on this one.

Some games are just not good candidates for these kinds of machine translation. I am sorry I couldn't do more for you I feel guilty not letting this one go because I like to fix these games for people. Maybe I have a hero complex but if a game is uploaded I just feel it should fucking work.

Punlord Sdri

Dec 4, 2018
Real translators do isolate the text and translate it then put it back in. Even if you are using a machine like google translate you isolate the text, edit it and then put it back in without destroying the scripting tags (even better you do it in engine so you run less chance of breaking things and getting the accursed text run off the screen of doom issue). Careless glory hounds who just want those sweet sweet likes run it through google and call it a day. Glory hounds like Stigmata. I will keep name drop this guy as long as I have to so people know exactly who is shitting out these broke ass games.

Even if you don't understand all the code you can usually see where something isn't right and with enough experience you can start to anticipate where the problems will arise and look for them ahead of time. I knew exactly what was wrong when you wrote your first message because of experience. The sheer fact this games code confused you is not your fault but rather the fact that google really shit the bed on this one.

Some games are just not good candidates for these kinds of machine translation. I am sorry I couldn't do more for you I feel guilty not letting this one go because I like to fix these games for people. Maybe I have a hero complex but if a game is uploaded I just feel it should fucking work.
Thank you man, just the feeling is appreciated.
I also find it a shame, most of these games are terrible on the creators part, but it feels like a lot of work was put into this one.
I have rarely seen actual skill trees in these RPG-maker games, those things are extremely code heavy. Guess its no surprised that one fcked up with the amount of code behind it. Alchemy as well.
For your sake as well as everyone else, i hope they take it down and let someone actually qualified translate it.
Stigmata seems to have zero respect for the hard work people put into their games.

Murtagh

May 29, 2017
Well... since my brain shut down while I was trying to understand what the hell they are talking about in the intro scene I'm gonna pass this one until/IF some good soul actually put some effort to translate this.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote