1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
The people doing X.Y on initial releases are usually denoting the X as major releases and the Y as minor releases, that way you avoid the people whining about v0.9 not being followed by the next update being full completion.

The changelog clarifies it's a first release and the game's not even 200mb, anyone with expectations beyond a few minutes of gameplay have nobody to blame but themselves.
Plenty of games get released as an actual 1.0 on here on first release.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Plenty of games get released as an actual 1.0 on here on first release.
And? What does that matter?

Versioning doesn't have rules, it's a case-by-case basis. There is no "actual" 1.0 because 1.0 is entirely arbitrary and can mean literally anything.

I just explained why a barely existent game might use that formatting on an initial release by a dev.

Last edited:

Johan7

Nov 12, 2023
This game has a lot of issues, the biggest being the level of english
One thing that really turns me off is having to name the character myself...

What story can you possibly have to tell if you didn't even name the characters?

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
And? What does that matter?

Versioning doesn't have rules, it's a case-by-case basis. There is no "actual" 1.0 because 1.0 is entirely arbitrary and can mean literally anything.

I just explained why a barely existent game might use that formatting on an initial release by a dev.
That's not really true. Versioning has a simple format that's adopted by almost everyone who is a professional. Just because lot of people don't use it correctly on here doesn't mean there isn't a widely spread standard for this in the industry.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
That's not really true. Versioning has a simple format that's adopted by almost everyone who is a professional. Just because lot of people don't use it correctly on here doesn't mean there isn't a widely spread standard for this in the industry.
That's called semantic versioning, which I already mentioned. It's only real usage is in group or collaborative work in a professional structure, and even then only sometimes.

Plenty of professionals don't bother unless they're in a pick-up group of assorted staff who don't have the same personal knowledge of the codebase or project. And no solo or indie devs give it the time of day because it's a legitimate waste of time for that.

Last edited:
1.30 star(s) 3 Votes