Ren'Py The Sultans Harem [v0.3.5] [LiveGoesOn]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Nov 1, 2018
its called not being creatively bankrupt and doing what you want to do
so basically the opposite of what hollywood does
A movie is one proposition. What is great about game is the interactivity, the choice.
Generate all renders twice with normal models and cow, will take a little bit more time (only processing time, same visual environments) and yet improve audience by x800 (0,1% -> 80%). Obvious strategic choice and still the same game for cow lovers.

JavCh

Oct 1, 2020
Generate all renders twice with normal models and cow, will take a little bit more time (only processing time, same visual environments) and yet improve audience by x800 (0,1% -> 80%). Obvious strategic choice and still the same game for cow lovers.
I say this as one of those dissapointed that it wasn't a pregnancy fetish game (*first screencaptures can be a bit misleading :rolleyes:) that also would have liked a game like this (in that scenario and with the apparently good quality this one seems to have) without the weight gain kink: let people enjoy their kinks and not asking everyone to adapt it to your taste because it's not that easy as you claim it to be.

First, the whole gameplay is about that, so it's not just doing the same with slim and fat models, because it's about the weight gain itself. Many renders wouldn't even make sense with thin models (imagine, overfeeding scenes and all that), dialogues wouldn't make sense with slim models.

Also, even if you were correct about that, being so different the model types, posing the scenes wouldn't be the same, so it's not just change the model and extra rendering time, you would have to repeat the pose process again for mostly every render.

So, even if in an ideal world creating those two versions would be ok due to creating lots of interactive options in a single game... that is not realistically a possibility. It's really not that easy and what you consider so easy is actually asking for a lot of work and it would actually make developing time slower, would force developers to avoid doing things they want because the conflict between the two versions would be too much so they would try to make a middle ground that wouldn't be fully enjoyed by any of those sides and overall, it would be a worse final product for everyone. So let people also enjoy their fetish, this one is just not for you (or me, as I said, it's not my thing but you can´t expect everyone to adjust to you).

PS: I will not follow this topic anymore, it's a one message only thing, as I'm sure people actually interested in the game as it is will appreciate the conversation to be about the game and not people judging them and asking for unrealistical alternatives.

Last edited:

Peri3481

Aug 23, 2023
You know many more sultan harem setting ?
The game audience would pass from 0,1% to 80% of people interested. So why not make it optionnal and take the other 79,9% of people on board ?
Because - if you play the game - you would see that nothing would happen. You would be left with a shell of a light RPG management system and no content. The Sultan setting isn't often done, it's true (Desert Stalker is the most developed example I can think of) but the setting here is not the point. The weight gain is. The dev who makes Fattening Career (another weight-gain game) has almost 2k paid subscribers. So maybe they don't feel they need to make a completely different game.

Reactions: Gojii
Nov 1, 2018
Fair enough. Thanks for your answers.
In deed, it's more bout my disappointment since I was hypped by the Sultan harem theme, with all the management mechanics. I'll go back to Desert Stalker then ;P
Enjoy folks ^^

Reactions: Peri3481

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Lmafo search couldnt' find this and I made a new thread because this thread doesn't have the apostrophe so )I didn't find it while searching.
I noticed that immediately, but it was like... what could we even do about it? :LOL:

Jul 15, 2021
No matter how much weight they gain, none of it goes to their face/shoulders/arms

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
No matter how much weight they gain, none of it goes to their face/shoulders/arms
They're genetically #Blessed. :giggle: I do like a w i d e upper arm, but "fat face" is quite unpopular. :unsure: I guess we'll see, if they ever push 350+.

Baudler

Nov 22, 2021
There's a game, well, it's more of a set of 20 CYOAs that isn't on here yet but of which I've got the latest patreon release.
Plenty of face gain, even a bit too much at least for me. I'm more of a middle-of-the road kind of guy.

If you wanna make the thread I can send you a copy through we-tl or something.

Baudler

Nov 22, 2021

just being uploaded.

I don't have megaupload but if anyone does, you could reupload it or make a torrent of it, I guess.

Reactions: Potobandido
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote