Mod Ren'Py The Survival of Sarah Rose [v0.1.9.9] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Is it possible to play the new version of the game (4.9) with the current version of your mod (3.9) till it also gets an update ?

I'm asking because I haven't played the game since 2.9, so there should be content for me to explore with your mod, just not the most recent kind, of course.

In reality, more like an opportunity for me to post in this thread to thank the mod author for creating and sharing this fine mod with us. Worked like a charm on previous versions, and I can't praise it enough. Sometimes paths can be pretty convoluted to follow in VNs, so such mods are always welcome to make the games more enjoyable to me.

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Is it possible to play the new version of the game (4.9) with the current version of your mod (3.9) till it also gets an update ?

I'm asking because I haven't played the game since 2.9, so there should be content for me to explore with your mod, just not the most recent kind, of course.

In reality, more like an opportunity for me to post in this thread to thank the mod author for creating and sharing this fine mod with us. Worked like a charm on previous versions, and I can't praise it enough. Sometimes paths can be pretty convoluted to follow in VNs, so such mods are always welcome to make the games more enjoyable to me.
never use outdated mods unless mod author says the mod is universal in OP. I don't think any of Sancho's mods are universal.

b5anon

Sep 15, 2019

I tired and it crashes the game after the 1st screen (before it gets to the menu screen). So looks like we'll have to wait for an update.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Ok, so one of my questions was answered above. Hey Sancho1969, are you coming out with a new version anytime soon? Love your work, buddy and don't want to fuck up the game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nope. Always use correlated versions. It's why the mod has a version number... to correlate to the VN version it applies to.

Ok, so one of my questions was answered above. Hey Sancho1969, are you coming out with a new version anytime soon? Love your work, buddy and don't want to fuck up the game.
It always takes more than a few hours, especially when VN updates are released during my timezone's night (I sleep 4-6hrs per evening). There are issues with this release. I haven't heard back from the dev so I just fixed everything myself. See post here in the VN's thread.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.4.9)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Note: This VN update only progresses the Warrior path fork.

Changelog:
  • Updated to the latest version of the VN
  • Updated to the latest version of the mod's Core
  • Fixed bugs found in the VN and alerted dev of those issues (see post here for reference).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Nope. Always use correlated versions. It's why the mod has a version number... to correlate to the VN version it applies to.

It always takes more than a few hours, especially when VN updates are released during my timezone's night (I sleep 4-6hrs per evening). There are issues with this release. I haven't heard back from the dev so I just fixed everything myself. See post here in the VN's thread.
Again, this is why we love and appreciate you so much. Muuuuah!!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Again, this is why we love and appreciate you so much. Muuuuah!!!
I'll admit though... this is the one VN I mod that I've actually never played. I only pushed it public since it was my testing ground for the alt-character naming code I was working on at the time (hence how you can rename the main char of this VN which wasn't an option before). I'm glad you folks are happy since I really just code it from staring at the scripts and rarely fire up the game... which is not a recommended practice for insuring quality on my part tbh.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I'll admit though... this is the one VN I mod that I've actually never played. I only pushed it public since it was my testing ground for the alt-character naming code I was working on at the time (hence how you can rename the main char of this VN which wasn't an option before). I'm glad you folks are happy since I really just code it from staring at the scripts and rarely fire up the game... which is not a recommended practice for insuring quality on my part tbh.
Wow, that was excellent info, Sancho. I always wondered how you modders can get to so many games at once. It's kind of sad knowing that you usually don't even get the chance t enjoy the game that you are modding.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow, that was excellent info, Sancho. I always wondered how you modders can get to so many games at once. It's kind of sad knowing that you usually don't even get the chance t enjoy the game that you are modding.
Please don't be sad for me, this is the only VN I mod on I haven't played... just this one.

I do this one VN for you fans...it's not really my thing but it was a fantastic candidate when I was sorting the renaming code proper (so that it catches everything... even the stats info).

It's all good. A few of these VN's I do to insure I have a proper variety in the catalog I have public. I have many mods that aren't public but I can only update so many with such a complex mod. Most of my private mods I simply update on an as-needed basis when I can get to 'em.

Regards... it's time for an adult beverage refill.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Please don't be sad for me, this is the only VN I mod on I haven't played... just this one.

I do this one VN for you fans...it's not really my thing but it was a fantastic candidate when I was sorting the renaming code proper (so that it catches everything... even the stats info).

It's all good. A few of these VN's I do to insure I have a proper variety in the catalog I have public. I have many mods that aren't public but I can only update so many with such a complex mod. Most of my private mods I simply update on an as-needed basis when I can get to 'em.

Regards... it's time for an adult beverage refill.
Salute amigo, I love JD on the rocks, I'll join you.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
In most games I prefer to play without hints, but in this one I gotta say this is quite useful. There are entire paths I didnt know existed before trying your mod. Good work.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (v0.4.9)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Note: This VN update only progresses the Warrior path fork.

Changelog:
  • Updated to the latest version of the VN
  • Updated to the latest version of the mod's Core
  • Fixed bugs found in the VN and alerted dev of those issues (see post here for reference).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.
They finally advanced the story I was on, no idea how many updates now until they continue it, but no problems I found from the mod. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, thank you for your work, I get this error
View attachment 2816770
Let me ask you something: Why in the world are you trying to import the mod's key file? Don't go double-clicking random files all willy-nilly and don't double-click files contained in the mod... that's not necessary at all. There's no executable files in the mod. The only executable is the VN's to start the game.

Deaddarkness

Jun 23, 2017
Let me ask you something: Why in the world are you trying to import the mod's key file? Don't go double-clicking random files all willy-nilly and don't double-click files contained in the mod... that's not necessary at all. There's no executable files in the mod. The only executable is the VN's to start the game.
I did not know that, thanks for the help, the problem is solved

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This update continues the "Union Kingdom" pathing. Here's a summary of VN notes that led up to this update:
Python:
#The main flags Union Kingdom are this
# menu_flag_sarahandvargamarried   This is Vargapath, Sarah and him are married
# menu_flag_LilyBendsTheKnee       This means that Lily exists at all. In the case of a kiss, she also exists, but this is prior to kiss.
# menu_flag_RetireOrStayWithLily   This is that Sarah and Lily have kissed
# menu_flag_SarahxCarolyn          This is partially Carolyn path. Means they have slept together at least once
# menu_flag_ThomasLives            This decides if Thomas lives or dies. If he lives, Sarah is Regent. Otherwise she is Queen.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote