4.30 star(s) 57 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
It doesn't stop being a handjob in a brothel, and I still only want scenes with the LIs that will have a romantic relationship with the MC. In my case, if she gives the handjob to the MC she's not going to interest me as a LI, if she doesn't give it, there's a remote chance that she will.
I agree even if I didn't already pick my girl which I already have I really don't want to mess with a prostitute no offense

to the character, I'm sure she's very nice

xortor

May 3, 2018
Leaving this here so I can quote it in the future if the topic comes up. Warning : kind of a read -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dude, you giving the players agency over even just a little thing like this is huge. I've quit many a game over railroaded sex scenes with characters that I had zero interest in. It feels forced, completely takes you out of the narrative, and is not at all enjoyable. And even if it will be with a character that I adore, making the choice easy, regardless of the likeability of the character it's just the fact that the there will be agency is enough. So even though it is more work for you to implement and write some "turned her down" scenes, I promise you, it will pay off in player enjoyment and engagement.

Looking forward to chapter 5. (And once I have access to my PayPal again, I'll be sure to hit up your Patreon.)
Keep up the good work!

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Dude, you giving the players agency over even just a little thing like this is huge. I've quit many a game over railroaded sex scenes with characters that I had zero interest in. It feels forced, completely takes you out of the narrative, and is not at all enjoyable. And even if it will be with a character that I adore, making the choice easy, regardless of the likeability of the character it's just the fact that the there will be agency is enough. So even though it is more work for you to implement and write some "turned her down" scenes, I promise you, it will pay off in player enjoyment and engagement.

Looking forward to chapter 5. (And once I have access to my PayPal again, I'll be sure to hit up your Patreon.)
Keep up the good work!
It's long overdue honestly. This has been a concern for a long time now among players but if I'm being honest, I was (and still am) figuring out the whole dev thing as I go so it's all a little messy at my end. I need more structure. Most people have been very patient with that scene and I'm grateful.

PS: The Patreon thing is great, thank you! But I just want to remind everyone reading this that playing the game is support too and you don't have to subscribe on Patreon to feel like you're contributing! Thanks again for the comment

Zareem

May 20, 2017
was a bit ironic in regards to "prego"-squad.
there are many fetishists groups wandering/posting around, one of the most loud/annoying, imo, are the prego-posters.
so if there are prego-requests already, why dont we try and enforce furry tentacles as well...would fit the story even better (than prego), and would be even easier to render/implement:BootyTime:
1679669899602.png

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
It's long overdue honestly. This has been a concern for a long time now among players but if I'm being honest, I was (and still am) figuring out the whole dev thing as I go so it's all a little messy at my end. I need more structure. Most people have been very patient with that scene and I'm grateful.

PS: The Patreon thing is great, thank you! But I just want to remind everyone reading this that playing the game is support too and you don't have to subscribe on Patreon to feel like you're contributing! Thanks again for the comment
I love your game so far, but I have a few questions.... I was wondering if MC has any hidden abilities besides being gifted a sword from his mother, which is magical? Also, why did MC and his companions leave their village with no weapon, considering there could be bandits on the roads ways towards the city? That seemed odd, as the merchant hired protection against bandit attacks.

And due to your Patreon posts being locked, when do you expect the next update to be released?

Thanks in advance for your time answering questions. Regards.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Is this really the end?

The topic says Final, which is generally meant for completed projects, but just a quick look at the end of the thread here, it seems to indicate that Ch 5 is upcoming.

I just got into the game, and have recently started Ch 4, and it seems like there is a lot of story to go.

So, which is is? Is there more forthcoming, or was the story cut short?

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
This is honestly a unique perspective you have in comparison to other devs out there. I like to think of developing VNs as akin to creating mods for a game you love; it's a hobby you enjoy doing while providing joy for others. The moment you turn it into a job is when it transitions from being fun to an obligation.

While I can't make a comment about your workflow, I can say that your code structure looks fairly clean. However, if you're planning on incorporating more impactful choices down the road, I'd suggest creating arrays (decision matrices) for each character so that it's easier to store those variables rather than leaving them as "loose". You could also store point values as well - in the first few indexes - which will make RP dependent scenes down the road far easier to code.

Overall you've created a fantastic story with renders that lean towards the higher quality side of the scale. There's also proper buildup to lewd scenes that most other authors don't even bother with since half the users on this forum complain about it (which is beyond frustrating). If you keep improving I have no doubt you'll start drawing in a much larger crowd :)

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
This month! I'm moving to another country in June (that's partly what my 1 month absence in February was for - I had to go visit the other country and check on rents and stuff). The update is pretty much done but I'm using this next week until the end of the month to add stuff that I suddenly think of. Haven't read any of the comments here for a while. Had too much on my plate but I'll get back here after I post the update. Besides the planning/packing for the move and development, I struggle with keeping up with the social stuff and that includes replying here.

Some of you probably saw these already but I'm posting it here for those who didn't :

1.jpg 2.png 3.png 4.png

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This month! I'm moving to another country in June (that's partly what my 1 month absence in February was for - I had to go visit the other country and check on rents and stuff). The update is pretty much done but I'm using this next week until the end of the month to add stuff that I suddenly think of. Haven't read any of the comments here for a while. Had too much on my plate but I'll get back here after I post the update. Besides the planning/packing for the move and development, I struggle with keeping up with the social stuff and that includes replying here.

Some of you probably saw these already but I'm posting it here for those who didn't :

View attachment 2632986 View attachment 2632988 View attachment 2632989 View attachment 2632990
thatnks for the info, and good luck with your move.
hopefully there could be some fresh inspiration (another one exotic chick, for example) for this game as well.

there wasnt that much activity here lately, as you can see, so you werent missing much in that regard.
though im still amazed how this thread isnt more active. thats just the way of f95zoone, i guess.

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
thatnks for the info, and good luck with your move.
hopefully there could be some fresh inspiration (another one exotic chick, for example) for this game as well.

there wasnt that much activity here lately, as you can see, so you werent missing much in that regard.
though im still amazed how this thread isnt more active. thats just the way of f95zoone, i guess.
Haha it's also my fault for not handling the social part of the game well. I see other devs thrive in their discord servers/ twitter/reddit/ instagram and I don't know how they keep up with so much. I struggle with even staying in touch with the 2-3 irl friends I have :LOL:.
I really need to throw myself into marketing the game and create accounts on these social media platforms. I created on IG and reddit but I think I used them months ago. I'll learn (hopefully).

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Haha it's also my fault for not handling the social part of the game well. I see other devs thrive in their discord servers/ twitter/reddit/ instagram and I don't know how they keep up with so much. I struggle with even staying in touch with the 2-3 irl friends I have :LOL:.
I really need to throw myself into marketing the game and create accounts on these social media platforms. I created on IG and reddit but I think I used them months ago. I'll learn (hopefully).
heh, we are kinda on the same page regarding that social part irl:HideThePain:

personally i always prefer work and regular updates over any excesive marketing and social interactions on any platform.
even more as unfortunately in more than a few cases such "active" devs are more active in their game marketing (and media/fans manipulation), than in actual work/development.
i would say, just keep your way, if you have a good product (as this game is, or will be with more content), there should be adequate "hype" and support regardless.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

View attachment 2632986 View attachment 2632988 View attachment 2632989 View attachment 2632990
Swordbear approves
SwordBearSmall.jpg

Jun 3, 2022
I think the game is buggered.. I downloaded it 3 times now and I always get the same error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 382, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693

Mon May 22 23:15:00 2023

And yes, I did unzip the file.

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
May I take the opportunity of you coming on this thread to express how beautifully crafted is your game. One of the very few in the industry of such quality.

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes