VN - Ren'Py - The Swordbearer [v0.7] [Caramel Cowboy]

1. 5.00 star(s)

vendarr

This was originally only meant as a comment for the dev in the thread, but ended up feeling like a review, so I posted it an gave it my 5 stars. This is how it reads:

Just got through the current content (0.2a). - This is really really nice and atmospheric! Even gets spicy right from the start.

I like the pacing, the way characters are introduced, the pleasant sounds and music.
    Lots of little details like people passing by in the background or eyes blinking make the game come alive where lots of Visual Novels fail and appear rather static. That's got quite the impact. Well done!

And rather high production value. Renders are very nice. Dialogoes are short and to the point instead of overly long and stating the obvious or describing what the image already shows. Thats good for the flow and I like that a lot. No ten pages of how good or bad fucking feels for the actors. :ROFLMAO: Faces and expressions do the talking.

Lots of cute girls too!
    Especially like Talitha, Carmine and Trisha so far. Trisha looks a lot like a girl I know.
    Looking forward to further development! Good luck and have lots of fun and success with your fine project, CaramelCowboy!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

AryanKarthick

As of Version0.2a
    Top notch renders with stunning female characters and medieval fantasy theme with interesting story with lots of thrill , humor and romance . Sex scenes are well done with nice foreplay and kissing scenes are damn impressive . Music adds more experience to the game . There is some sort of free roam but it is done well , there are hints and just simple moving around and interacting with the character , I hope it will be the same in the future and doesn't involve grinding like maps , money , time etc .
    Overall the game is to an excellent start with story , H scenes , writing and characters and relationship . Well done @CaramelCowboy for this game , added to my watchlist , looking forward to future updates.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Windhy

for a version as early as v0.2a, I have to say that I was impressed and I hope it continues with this quality, all the characters are very interesting, I can't wait for the next updates to know how the story will unfold and how the relationships will develop. with the girls will proguedir, hope to have some battle/duel system, im keeping this game high on my list
  4. 5.00 star(s)

FullyAnimated

Game is off to an excellent start - v0.2a

A tip of the hat to you @CaramelCowboy !

Gorgeous girls.

Love a game that recognizes the hotness of foreplay and passionate kissing!!!!

Kissing animation is tough to do and is done excellently.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Kberger

Really a nice game. At one point the developer mentions that he had fun making the game and I think you can feel it while playing the game.
    + So far the story is interesting
    + Pretty girls
    + The humor is really funny in my eyes
    + Definitely has potential
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Zareem

I love it. One of the best games here. I like the medieval setting, the storytelling, the MC and the girls & women in terms of both their character and looks. And the wholesomeness!

Hope to see more of this! Wish this project would have more support.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

Another medieval fantasy VN to look forward to

Great work enjoyed it thoroughly very engaging leaves you wanting to explore more
    Great renders with hot new models very well made with a good setting
    Neat animations
    Great writing the humors are on point that is combined with neat presentation with neatly written dialogues
    Great music and sfx for to set the atmosphere
    Not much can be said for the story since it's only the beginning but looks promising considering how good the other aspects are
    Can't wait to see how the plot plays out maybe make the updates longer in the future

Keep up the good work dev you got almost everything in places making a VN with huge potentials
    Goodluck with the project
  8. 5.00 star(s)

drcynic22

Normally I don't dive right in on 0.1 releases, but something about the way this looked and how everyone was talking about it convinced me that I should give this one a go. I was not disappointed. Much like Price of Power, this game looks tremendous, but unlike that game, it plays up the humor aspect quite a bit (which makes it unique among the medieval setting games. Most of them play strictly for drama or in another instance, a game I won't name, but you probably know what I'm referring to, slice of life tedium), and that alone makes this one very enjoyable for me because the humor is done well. I like the MC and the supporting cast as well, and the girls (although I'd like to see a bit more in the way of blondes if the dev would be so kind) are all attractive. I say definitely give this one a try.

Just updating my review a bit here after finishing 0.6: I want to add that this is probably my third or fourth favorite VN (behind Being A DIK, and Artemis, and about equal with Projekt Passion). I enjoy the humor a lot (I know it's not everyone's cup of tea) and I'll be interested to see if the story maintains the same sort of irreverent tone as the vampire threat becomes more real. As stated, visuals are top notch and the music is good and fitting for the setting. Keep at it, CaramelCowboy!
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Avariz

The Swordbearer v0.1

Great stuff! The medieval setting is always a nice change of pace from the modern theme. This version basically introduces you to everyone in the game, and then a short back story. There are a couple of mistakes, but it doesn't really matter at this point since this is v0.1.

The characters and their designs are great. My current favorite girl is Layna or Lanya, I'm really bad at remembering names, this is my bad. The MC looked wall eyed in the beginning, I don't know if that is on purpose.

The script and situations are funny for me. It works and I didn't get bored.

An overall solid 4 Star rating. I'll save the last star when and if game gets completed. Good job Dev. I'll be watching (without email notifications. :p)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

DogzBallz

Great renders and animations, really hot characters, looking forward to more content in the future. Good to see decent quality being produced. I would recommend that you check it out, there is not too much content yet but more than enough to get a good feel for the game and it's quality.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Really enjoyed playing this one. Humor got me hooked into the game. If you like playing slow burn harem game give this one a try. For the story part can't say that much because it's the first release (but seem ilke it will pretty interesting fantasy mediaeval story ) Game got potential. Definitely keep an eye on this. Keep up the good work dev. Looking forward to next updates.

PROS

* GOOD RENDERS
    * GOOD HUMOR
    * NICE SOUNDTRACK
    * MC IS GOOD LOOKING
    * WRITING IS NOT BAD
    * PRETTY GIRLS

:coffee:
  12. 4.00 star(s)

ggregger33

Not bad. The story is written ok with minimal spelling and grimmer errors. The story itself was ok and not a total wash like so many new novels. The renders are average but, good enough to enjoy. I will follow and see how the story progresses.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Patsy221

It is a very good game for a first release. Pretty interesting story, promise of harem from dev, attractive girls, interesting plot development tease at the end- all in all, very much recommended.

Personal rating:
    CG- 4.5/5
    Story- 4.8/5
    Humor- 4.9/5 (had good laughs tbh)
    Overall- 4.8/5