HTML The Time of Cherries [Completed/Ongoing] [Development Thread]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
When you concubine women, you are essentially becoming their sugar daddy and yeah you have to dish out the sugar!
The high price of concubines force you to play the game differently depending what deception you are playing. I would never concubine girls when playing the money deception for example.

I will probably change the default deception to one that is a bit more forgiving as on initial plays, players tend to get as many models as they can without taking notice of the effects it is having for the player. The consequence of recklessly taking people on is more grind. Without that there would be no consequences.

If you are concubining 7+ women that means you are losing 7,000 a week - Possibly not the best play if your goal is to make money.
Under the "women" deception, you have to concubine 6 - Had you been playing that deception, you would have completed that play through. As Svornost has suggested, do nude shoots to bring in the big bucks and allow them to break if your stress levels are still above 10%. After all, if you have unlocked their trophy, there is no point keeping them on - You are just using them to make cash.
That's a cruel attitude. I prefer a more humane approach.

ruarogue1

Feb 11, 2020
Clicking on the back or back to studios button just goes to the previous screen. This can cause a loop between two non studio screens with no way to get back to the studio since their is no button on the left to get you there making the only option to load a save or restart.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
- Just reduce the price of concubines to ~750$.
See post above.

- Get some kind of reward and/or unlock a special set/interraction with the girl when you complete all her sets.
Click on the trophy on the side menu - You unlock her achievement. As for a reward during the play through, I am considering adding "goals" for each model based on their personality. So unlocking all cards might be one girls goal, where as winning the contest or having a sugardaddy might be another girls goal. Achieving these goals might present some special gratitude of a adult nature.

- Get some kind of reward for winning the model competition too.
+1 for me too. Currently only necessary for the fame deception but use to be a requirement to concubine.
I might make it so the model gets a extended international contract.
There are now enough models in the game to have 2-3 studios competing however pacing their stat improvements may be tricky. I am aiming for each deception to be about a 2-3 hour play through.

- Having reputation making you extra money on shhots bc you're famous.
Currently having reputation makes more women interested in your studio. In the future it will play more of a part in the fame and possibly the nemesis deceptions. Model popularity in the future will get you extra money on the shots.

- Contract could require multiple girls (would really be nice)

I would like there to be more contracts, but this may be granted depending on the personality of the admin girl you have selected. Outgoing admin will get additional contracts, however a more conservative one will reduce stress.

- Ability to change the office girls, and having some kind of indication if the girl is efficient at her task based on her stats (I mean the chance to generate an additional card in photoshoots)

See above...

- The lounge ? Costs nothing, does nothing for now
The lounge will give you 2% - 10% more chance at getting relationship cards. Relationships will hopefully do more than just allow concubine.

About dinners, how it works is understandable but the difficulty is just to high. Increasing the conflict tolerance and/or reducing the flip debuf to ~0.5 or even 0 (but can only be done once/girl) might make it more enjoyable ^^
This is a whole deception, hence the higher difficulty. Other than stress reduction, not necessary to complete for other deceptions.

About concubines, I really love the idea but at this state you just lose girls to passivly reduce your stress.
Yes I do intend this to do more than what it does currently!.

About modding :
Having one big chunky .lsm files with everything isn't really a good idea as you may overwrite work of another modder.
I suggest each girl having a config file like .json in her folder. Way easier / clear to mod and ppl will just have to dump new downloaded folders in "images" to add more girls ^^
I looked at doing this initially but it was too complex to implement. JS does not allow access to the file system so you can't just look at all the files in as folder. You have to know what the folder is before hand.

This means I would need to either have one array with everything. Or a master array that points to all the other arrays.

valdess1

Aug 23, 2021
The game dont working. This error -
A fatal error has occurred. Aborting.
Error: cookie error: unknown validation error during set.
and something error about web api

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The game dont working. This error -
A fatal error has occurred. Aborting.
Error: cookie error: unknown validation error during set.
and something error about web api
What are you opening it in? Not really playable (or suitable) for phones or tablets.

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
There are now enough models in the game to have 2-3 studios competing however pacing their stat improvements may be tricky.
Having your studio competing would be really cool indeed, adding more depth to the gameplay.
As your girls give you info about studios's preferences, trading a girl to another studio could be nice. First it will allow you to fire a girl you just don't want anymore (or just add a fire button), and it could make you some money if the girl correpond to the studio requirements. Obviously the downsides are that you will almost lose every Relationship with the girl + your litteraly giving a girl to a competing studio ^^

JS does not allow access to the file system
Off that's true, it needs a server...
It sucks bc mooding is a nice part in the "multiples girls" kinda game :cautious:

I in fact choosed the money goal but have all those concubines ><
Tbh I make only like 500$ to 3500$ for a photoshoot ^^

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
errors gone, but now when i push "lets begin" - page just refreshing
I assume you are using build 10c and still firefox as that issue was happening in Chrome form build 10.
I can only create problems in firefox if I block all cookies.

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
Heya obsessionau , great game from what I've played so far. Really does remind me of A Photographer's Lies but a more softcore version that focuses more on the collection side of things, which tbh has been more up my alley as of late.

I've made mod packs in the past for Whoremaster and APL. Only recently stopped working on APL but after playing this I have the urge to make packs again. I've looked at both threads and it seems no one has made any modpacks yet so I hope you don't mind if I go through a few things with you (baring in mind I only have minor coding knowledge).

1. I'm assuming the collections are hard coded to 8 per type. If not is there anyway to increase (or decrease) this number and if so how?

2. Since the cards templates are set, I'm guessing that the images for the collections will need to be 533x800 and landscapes won't work at all? Also I'm guessing the naming stucture will have to be the same (0101-0108 for clothed shoots, 0201-0208 for lingerie and so on...)?

3. For the most part I think I understand how the relationshipdata works. Could I use this in a way to tell almost like a short story as you gain more relationship with that model (i.e multiple events with that one model at varing levels of relationship)? If so, that's something I've been hoping to do for a very long time but can't really do that with APL or WM. Just to add can I also add events to existing models via this method too?

Update :- I got bored and started experimenting. Basically answered 1 and 2 myself. For anyone else who is interested in adding packs, images for the collections and portraits will resize automatically, however when clicking the cards themselves anything larger than 533x800 will more than likely not fit on the screen when zoomed in. 533x800 seems perfect for a 1920x1080 monitor. You can probably get away with bigger images on higher resolution screens but make sure you keep the aspect ratio of 533x800, otherwise the images will be streched. Landscape not compatible.

I also got the events working, however it seems only one relationship event will trigger per model (unless I have terrible RNG).

Also some minor feedback, in the event triggers the images are also autoscaled down, but the scaling is rather small. May want this to be much bigger or not use auto scale at all. (Landscape does look better here, but not by much).
Untitled1.png

Other then that though, this was suprisingly easy. Only issue I'm seeing will be installation, since it requires overwriting the main .Ism files, meaning either modders will have to update their pack each game update, or modders only giving the extra code then it falls on the user to copy/pasta the code.

Congrats btw, this will probably be another game I'll sink time making packs for.(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: obsessionau

Stilfull

Apr 7, 2018
Interesting game, and high potential to go hardcore with easily added gifs. I modified ElsaJean with picture+gifs of Tiffany Towers as a test. But how do I change the name to Tiffany Towers, it's bugging out when I try to change the folder name.

1653230769031.png
Download it here :

Reactions: obsessionau

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
Interesting game, and high potential to go hardcore with easily added gifs. I modified ElsaJean with picture+gifs of Tiffany Towers as a test. But how do I change the name to Tiffany Towers, it's bugging out when I try to change the folder name.
Rather then replacing already existing models (which generally isn't a good idea), you can make a new one. I've just done this with a test of Alison Angel myself. Remeber to back up the files before attempting this in case something goes wrong.

1. Rename that folder to TiffanyTowers (no space). Make sure the folder is in /images
2. Open up ModelData.lsm with notepad++ or equivlant.
3. On the last but one line type a , so that the line looks like this :-

Code:
},
4. Then press enter, then copy paste this :-

Code:
"AlisonAngel" : {
    name : "Alison",
    namefull : "Alison Angel",
    nationality : "American",
    hair : ["long", "blonde"],
    eyes : "green",
    height : "173",
    weight : "55",
    bust : "80",
    waist : "60",
    hips : "89",
    cup : "D",
    tattoos : "None"
}
5. Change the values to your liking. Make sure the first variable matches the folder name, so in your case you want "TiffanyTowers" which would look like this:-

Code:
"TiffanyTowers" : {
    name : "Alison",
    namefull : "Alison Angel",
    nationality : "American",
    hair : ["long", "blonde"],
    eyes : "green",
    height : "173",
    weight : "55",
    bust : "80",
    waist : "60",
    hips : "89",
    cup : "D",
    tattoos : "None"
6. Save and your done.

Lastly make sure the collection images are 533x800 or similar aspect ratio and the portrait is 250x250 or similar ratio to prevent stretching.

Last edited:

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Great work Plonk and Stilfull.

Adding a new model isn't too hard.
1. Get the 32 portrait images in a 2x3 ratio - I have recently moved to from 533x800px to 600x900px. Just a heads up I will be changing them from jpg's at 85% quality to webp at 95% quality as I can have the higher quality with 20% smaller file size.
2. You also need a portrait (all mine are a straight face shot from collarbone) 250x250px.
3. Ensure your model's folder name has no spaces and put the folder in the images folder. eg. "images/TiffanyTowers".
4. Add the model information to ModelData.lsm folder - plonk explained it well above.

If you goto the office screen - settings in the game and click on the "Customise" button it will tell you a bit about each lsm file.

To answer some of Plonk's questions

1. This is hard set, technically I could increase it to 10. However as the photos are random adding more cards will make it proportionally harder to complete the sets.

2. Images are in 2x3 portrait format. 533x800 or 600x900 appear to be a good balance for a nice sized image but keeping the file size reasonable. As stated above the next build will likely have all images as webp (I passed them through a converter and reduced the filesize from 500mb - 400mb so 20% saving!

3. This is the aim for the relationshipdata file, that you can have different events occur for that model at different relationship levels and create your own mini-stories for each model, but I think there are a few variables I need to cater for to have this happen smoothly.

What should be happening is the game first checks the model name, then it will check the relationship value, and then it will check the flag to see if the event has been shown. If it doesn't find anything, it will go play the generic event for that relationship level.

If the event has been shown to make sure it doesn't play the generic event I have it escape out. However as you say you want it to goto the next event if there is one and I don't think I catered for that yet.

I will hopefully address this issue this weekend. In which case you will be able to have multiple events at the same relationship level, it will just play them in the order you have written them in the lsm file. So after one shoot you agree to take her to the beach next time you see her. After the next shoot you go to the beach together.

If her relationship jumps up during the second shoot it should not affect anything and it will play the next available event, as long as the events are in order from lowest relationship to highest.

As for the image size... I will remove the height limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plonk

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
1. This is hard set, technically I could increase it to 10. However as the photos are random adding more cards will make it proportionally harder to complete the sets.
Ye this is understandable. 8 does seem like a good number for each type. From my perspective, I have a tendancy to go overboard with adding lots of pics in my packs so having a hard limit is something that'll help not only keep packs small but will also save time. I guess to follow up on this, do you have any plans on adding other themed collections other then clothed/lingerie/topless/nude? (off the top of my head I can think of cosplay themed shoots, upskirt/bottomless shoots, masturbation etc....)

The issue I can see with this is that not all models will do "cosplay" or "masturbation" shoots which leads another question, could these be set on a model by model basis? I know how difficult this could be after folowing the development for APL but more curious more than anything.

2. 2x3 portrait format. 533x800 or 600x900 appear to be a good balance for a nice sized image but keeping the file size reasonable. As stated above the next build will likely have all images as webp (I passed them through a converter and reduced the filesize from 500mb - 400mb so 20% saving!
Yup, imo compression is essential for massive modpacks, honestly every little bit of MB saved is more then welcome. Will this mean that once you've converted everything over to webp modded stuff will also have to be webp, or would the game still support jpg too?

3. This is the aim for the relationshipdata file, that you can have different events occur for that model at different relationship levels and create your own mini-stories for each model, but I think there are a few variables I need to cater for to have this happen smoothly.

What should be happening is the game first checks the model name, then it will check the relationship value, and then it will check the flag to see if the event has been shown. If it doesn't find anything, it will go play the generic event for that relationship level.

If the event has been shown to make sure it doesn't play the generic event I have it escape out. However as you say you want it to goto the next event if there is one and I don't think I catered for that yet.

I will hopefully address this issue this weekend. In which case you will be able to have multiple events at the same relationship level, it will just play them in the order you have written them in the lsm file. So after one shoot you agree to take her to the beach next time you see her. After the next shoot you go to the beach together.

If her relationship jumps up during the second shoot it should not affect anything and it will play the next available event, as long as the events are in order from lowest relationship to highest.
Fantastic, only thing to mention is that when testing I was able to trigger a non-generic event and a generic event shortly after. Both events were at 14 relationship. Speaking of which, what is the max relationship value? Once I have that established I eventually would like to have an event that would trigger at most/every releation level that gets more saucy as it progresses. I haven't tested triggering different events at different releationship levels yet so I'll have a crack at that over the week.

As for the image size... I will remove the height limit.
Thanks much apprectiated and cheers for the detailed response (y)

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote