Archived The Twist [any version] : Save Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkunicorn001

Jul 2, 2017
i can't edit my save,the application said JIT Debugging need to be enable,how i can enable JIT on windows 8.1 ??

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Well I think save editor isn't compatible with 0.15 Final version of The Twist.. Also make sure you place the Save editor where the game executable is ;)

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If you don't mind: maybe an extra window which displays such info, more or less a txt file parsed and displayed? something like 'value = variable; explanation', as a listing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To be honest tooltips are easier since it's built-in.

I'm not a big fan of XML but I won't discard usable work because of it.

Well I think save editor isn't compatible with 0.15 Final version of The Twist.. Also make sure you place the Save editor where the game executable is ;)
I'll need to check that. But unless the save system is changed it should be version agnostic.

Reactions: AngelOfDeath

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
do you have a save on you with all the content done up to version 14

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
No as in the Editor works on 0.15 saves Is what I was saying ;) And I was wrong about it not being compatible.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
To be honest tooltips are easier since it's built-in. I'm not a big fan of XML but I won't discard usable work because of it.
I gave you just a blue print to work with, doesn't need to be xml-like syntax oc. You're a modder so I guessed you'd enjoy a structured proposal. Thought about simple text based files, something foolproof that can be adapted by other users too, to add extra info for other games maybe (so you or another modder / coder needn't).

This is why I can think of KISS, and 'help users to help themselves', basically. You provide the framework, others add content (hints and tips), win-win.

KrissV

Sep 24, 2017
I'm trying to use the save editor because I can't seem to be able to talk to julia after she catches me getting sucked on the side of the pool, any idea which value I need to change to get that flag resolved ?

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I feel quite stupid right now.

The nature of the manipulation done by the editor to be able to read and save is quite arcane (damn I love that word) to me.
I didn't even understood that the editor since its version 2 was able to import a save from any other version to the one it is currently in the same folder.

Man, messing around serialization does feel like black magic.

Reactions: AngelOfDeath

guigo545

Apr 28, 2017
It is not working for V.16. I get this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
at TheTwistSaveEditor.Binder.loadExternalAssembly()
at TheTwistSaveEditor.Binder.BindToType(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Bind(String assemblyString, String typeString)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at TheTwistSaveEditor.Form1.loadSave(String filename, Boolean updateType)
at TheTwistSaveEditor.Form1.showOpenSaveDialog(Boolean updateType)
at TheTwistSaveEditor.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2115.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TheTwistSaveEditor
Assembly Version: 4.13.6464.24845
Win32 Version: 4.13.6464.24845
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mammy/AppData/LocalLow/KsTgames/The%20Twist/TheTwistSaveEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.2117.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Reactions: TheonS and klaymen
Status
Not open for further replies.