Archived The Twist [any version] : Save Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
is the solution for that bug.

Put TheTwistSaveEditor.exe in the same folder where TheTwist.exe is.
did you read the error ? is it the same as when it is not in the same folder ?
I had folder wrong error in start, put in correct place and it worked, but then suddenly it started to not work, I think a value was put wrong, game is fine with it, but the editor cant hand it, I tried to check with notepad, but it does not seem to be able to change anything there, I think my mistake was to change energ from 2 to 4 I guess 3 is max ? I never got the sniff panties scene in the game but then got the tv scene, which I read must be done in order, sniff panties then watch tv, so im permanently lack 10 energy, stuck at 25 instead of 35 so tried to fix with savegame edit, but it seems the editor broke

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
did you read the error ? is it the same as when it is not in the same folder ?
I had folder wrong error in start, put in correct place and it worked, but then suddenly it started to not work, I think a value was put wrong, game is fine with it, but the editor cant hand it, I tried to check with notepad, but it does not seem to be able to change anything there, I think my mistake was to change energ from 2 to 4 I guess 3 is max ? I never got the sniff panties scene in the game but then got the tv scene, which I read must be done in order, sniff panties then watch tv, so im permanently lack 10 energy, stuck at 25 instead of 35 so tried to fix with savegame edit, but it seems the editor broke
Max energy is 100 for v0.26. You can always use the online save editor .

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
yea that is the one that #"¤ all saves I think :p I had to load older save then I could use twist savegame editor again, instead of changing that value that "#¤" all saved I found the max energy value, set it to 95 as a test and now he have 115 in game :O

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
Does anyone know what the "billyjan" variable is for? Mine is currently at 0 after downloading a save from someone who got rid of Dad.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Axis_321

Nov 6, 2017
What is the line for the Cheerleader outfit? i may have broken my game causing only this to be my last objective in 0.28, i have tried talking to Andria and nothing is happening

Jul 3, 2017
@Fleuve :
I meant, I don't get the point of the CAS and didn't understand the implication of the enabling "loadFromRemoteSources", and when I don't understand implication of something security wise I do not touch it, even more when it's shared with others.

And having some plan to make it a more universal Unity save editor, maybe I'll try the sandboxing path.

About the exception, I don't want to appear rude but, I do know about it, and it's not an error since I chose to let it as is.
When users get a screaming error windows trying to force an exception down their throat that makes them understand quite efficiently something is wrong somewhere.

And if someone is not willing to read the OP and use a tool like this, that means its no good to them.
Using this tool and not having read about the save slot not being interchangeable will makes them scratch their head when the game will not halt nor crash when they click "Load Game".

So to spare myself the pain of having to add too much hand-holding inside the program I just allow it to crash.
I'm wondering, how is the universal Unity save editor coming along? Do you know of one that already exist? (For the exception of .) Asking as the unity save files that are in the games I play are too big, and therefore The aforementioned save editor puts limitations upon the file. Anyways, if you do, much love, and if you don't, my well wishes.

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@SpectreSpecter
To be honest I didn't touched this tool in a while.

The thing is that Unity doesn't have a save system it's up to the devs' to make their own. So while we can expect serialization to be used since it's indeed quite handy ans thus quite used, there is other means to save stuff.
Also when I said "more universal editor" (the "more" is important here as it make the "universal" not universal at all :whistle:) I meant a simpler deserializer/serializer that can work with normal uses of that kind of save. Pretty much like that online editor do, but I find their way of keeping the software serverside and closed source despicable, even more when it hinder user experience.

And I say simpler because the way The Twist handle it's saves mean that you need to transform saves depending of the slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.