Cheat Mod Unity The Twist - CheatMenuPlugin [v1.0.6] [dsconstructor]

AfnanNaif

Jul 8, 2018
I have started working on a rewrite of the mod, using plugin system to keep the mod separate from the gamecode which means it should be compatible with any future version of the game.
Heres a little sneak peek of what it'll look like and maybe extra features ;)

View attachment 253801
u r best n programme
with out u the twist no thing

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Hi @dsconstructor

Great cheat mod.

Is there a way you can use it to figure what why Julia can't seem to catch Jason and Janice in the dinning roon, 515 of the walkthrough

515. Make sure Julia's condom catsuits are unlocked (steps 280 to 288). When Janice visits Jason in his room at night, give her the "Dog outfit with mask".
At the end of the scene Julia notices Janice under the table in the dining room.

I was able, somehow, to trigger, no idea what I did, if I did anything b, but trying to replicate it has been impossible, all she does is head straight into the shower.

To help out I've attached the complete saves for 0.30, one where Julia caught them, one where she just can't seem to.
I've also included a 0.29 save, just go to bed and Janice will appear

Thanks and hope you help.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Hi @dsconstructor

Great cheat mod.

Is there a way you can use it to figure what why Julia can't seem to catch Jason and Janice in the dinning roon, 515 of the walkthrough

515. Make sure Julia's condom catsuits are unlocked (steps 280 to 288). When Janice visits Jason in his room at night, give her the "Dog outfit with mask".
At the end of the scene Julia notices Janice under the table in the dining room.

I was able, somehow, to trigger, no idea what I did, if I did anything b, but trying to replicate it has been impossible, all she does is head straight into the shower.

To help out I've attached the complete saves for 0.30, one where Julia caught them, one where she just can't seem to.
I've also included a 0.29 save, just go to bed and Janice will appear

Thanks and hope you help.
You can use the scene dump feature to see what is required for a given scene to trigger,
if i got this right, ms_pet = 5 and jlatexq >= 3 will trigger the scene.
petplay.png

ms_pet is set to 5 automatically if you fail this check, jlatexq is a bit more involved
jlatexq increases as you gain more juloutfitscr
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: AfnanNaif

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
You can use the scene dump feature to see what is required for a given scene to trigger,
View attachment 255775

ms_pet is set to 5 automatically if you fail this check, jlatexq is a bit more involved
Thanks

this was an awesome help.

I found by reducing the jlatexq to 3 since the ms_pet was already set to 5, it triggers Julia to catch Jason and Janice, I've done it twice and it worked twice.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
View attachment 255775

Quick correction, looks like I might be wrong about the jlatexq variable, I ran a test and just reduced the ms_pet from 7 to 5 and that seemed to have done the trick as well.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Quick correction, looks like I might be wrong about the jlatexq variable, I ran a test and just reduced the ms_pet from 7 to 5 and that seemed to have done the trick as well.
yeah, the ms_pet is the one required to be 5, jlatexq can be 3 or greater by that logic i referenced.
i suspect ms_pet increases as you progress in that questline so at a certain point this scene has played out you will no longer be able to see it.
i should also point out i have not looked at all the logic that depends on these variables, and a real danger with messing with variables is that you can break progression.
i tend to use it more as a reference and the scenedumps work as a (be it very technical) walkthrough.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
yeah, the ms_pet is the one required to be 5, jlatexq can be 3 or greater by that logic i referenced.
i suspect ms_pet increases as you progress in that questline so at a certain point this scene has played out you will no longer be able to see it.
i should also point out i have not looked at all the logic that depends on these variables, and a real danger with messing with variables is that you can break progression.
i tend to use it more as a reference and the scenedumps work as a (be it very technical) walkthrough.
Yeah, I'm the same, I personally don't like messing with them if I can avoid it

I've actually informed KsT about the issue and he's managed to figure out that it is down to the save mechanic. instead of the game loading from the save file itself itself loading from the registry.

which apparently caused this issue, because I do recall it triggering in the beginning, I didn't save, but it wouldn't trigger again. so what seemed to have happened is when Julia visited Jason's room it increases the ms_pet variable to 7, I quit without saving but 7 is where that variable stayed and until you found what the pre-requisites were, we were tearing our hairs out trying to figure out why.

So thanks to you, he is now working on a fix for it.

Reactions: dsconstructor

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Slowly but surely making progress on the rewrite, mostly been busy with writing the backbone of it for maintainability and readability (not being limited to everything being crammed into a single class helps with that)

The StateViewer is pretty well fleshed out and fully functional.
On the fly resizing of the GUI is also nearly done, and with it a config panel that lets you change it ingame.
Also added hotkeys to show/hide different menu's so you can keep it from cluttering up the GUI when its not needed.

Alphabetical Sorting, Commands GUI, LoadScene GUI added:
cheatmenu.png
Todo:
Commands, should be fairly straight forward, and is probably next up on my todo list.
SceneDumps, this will be more painful then it used to be due to technical reasons.

Plurex

Mar 6, 2019
well..i am getting blackscreens a lot now :/ its like when i enter a house i have only blackscreen and it wont load..(dont worry i have a great PC :D)

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
well..i am getting blackscreens a lot now :/ its like when i enter a house i have only blackscreen and it wont load..(dont worry i have a great PC :D)
Changing variables without knowing what consequences they have can cause invalid gamestate which causes the gamelogic to softlock(when its expecting a variable in a certain range but you've cheated it outside of that range)
Ultimately you still have to know what the game wants you to do to progress, be it by scenedumps or the walkthrough, i like the former as there is no middleman there just straight up gamelogic as my guide.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Here's a feature complete(ish) beta version of CheatMenuPlugin, i've been lacking the time for thorough beta testing so there could be some bugs that snuck in but i don't expect many.
It's still a bit rough around the edges, like minor text clipping but i'll eventually get to that, if you run into any issues or have suggestions let me know~
It comes pre-packaged with 4.1.0.0 and configured to work with TheTwist, so should work out of the box.

Install: Extract to "\TheTwist<VERSION>" (should support any version)
Usage: F9 to open the main menu
Source:

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
version mismatch expected v 0.30 beta2 final detected 0.31 beta1
Thats exactly what it sounds like, you are trying to run the mod on a different version of the game then it was build for.

Edit:
I pushed the current build to the OP and it should be version agnostic (hopefully)

AfnanNaif

Jul 8, 2018
I don't know what to do
i will wait for beta 2 or final the twist 0.31
or
i will download beta 1

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
It still don't work = =
Its a complete rewrite of the mod, if you installed the old version remove that first.
In your case you need to reinstall the game since the old mod replaces one of the game files to work.
The new version uses a different method to being loaded into the game.