Cheat Mod Unity The Twist - CheatMenuPlugin [v1.0.6] [dsconstructor]

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
CheatMenuPlugin.jpg
Overview:
This mod adds a cheat menu to the game, and includes helpful utilities, see Features.​

Updated: Mar 12, 2020
Game/Creator: The Twist /
Modder: dsconstructor
Mod Version: 1.0.6
Game Version: Any Version (Excluding v0.35Final and lower)
Language: English

Usage:
Hit F9 to toggle the menu

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Features:

(by: AngelOfDeath)

Change-Log:

Source Code:
(master)
(BepInEx5x)

Cheat Menu Plugin v1.0.7 (port to BepInEx5x) Required if you want to use etc, which relies on BepInEx5x, otherwise little difference from 1.0.6

Last edited:

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Thanks bro. I had a problem were i sold the mom's panties to billy before using them and i used your cheat menu to get them back, so thank you for saving me from restarting the game :)
Glad it worked for you!
There is still the issue of inventory changes not being permanent but in a scene it should work like in your case.
Hey, nice work!
I'm trying this out now and so far it's working nicely :D
This would solve a lot of problems!
Thanks, except for the things mentioned in the "Known issues" it should be fully functional.

After some digging i now know why inventory state does not save on scene changes, the game only writes the item to persistent storage(where it survives a scene load) when the game gives or takes it from you.
All the game logic is implemented with Fungus, a flowchart logic library, kinda like visual programming.
This makes it pretty painful to cleanly call the same functionality from code.
Edit: Seems Fungus is open-source so that helped, i believe i fixed the inventory persistence, next release should have this fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelOfDeath

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
When you solve permament inventory changes, you probably are on a good way to manipulate time (hour of the day) in the same way. If you change hour's value in the registry, it doesn't save during scene change. Changing hour of the day would really help in moving the plot forward without unnecessary grinding (e.g. visiting pharmacy on 14th hour)

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
When you solve permament inventory changes, you probably are on a good way to manipulate time (hour of the day) in the same way. If you change hour's value in the registry, it doesn't save during scene change. Changing hour of the day would really help in moving the plot forward without unnecessary grinding (e.g. visiting pharmacy on 14th hour)
The persistence(inventory) fix i made also seems to work with the time variable.
Changing the time also influences other gamestate though like the location of mom etc as a byproduct of the game logic running in the background.
I can foresee things breaking if the game logic is running a scene and you start messing with the time.
So take care when you change it around.

Version 0.3b is up.

GoGo13

Jul 6, 2017
Could you tell me what variable is for the shady guy ? i have problems in the game with him and i want to try and fix them using this cheatmenu

Reactions: mrichards

bit

Mar 9, 2017
@dsconstructor Hi, you can upgrade your cheat injecting it in game, is explained how to do. (language of programming is )
This method have advantages, you don't need to rebuild cheat for every release of game. (Of course, if the variables do not change)
PS. If you want help write in PM.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
@dsconstructor Hi, you can upgrade your cheat injecting it in game, is explained how to do. (language of programming is )
This method have advantages, you don't need to rebuild cheat for every release of game. (Of course, if the variables do not change)
PS. If you want help write in PM.
Looks kinda neat, not that into python myself though, so if i went the patch route i would go with something like

This mod is easy to port to a new version though, one base class has code injected to create the CheatMenu GameObject and make it persistent.
CheatMenu class itself is standalone so for a new version i can copy paste it pretty much.

X_Alascato

Oct 23, 2017
do u know know how i can fix this? i had to blame rick for stealing the necklace but if i always stay next to emma i just jump back into the pool

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
do u know know how i can fix this? i had to blame rick for stealing the necklace but if i always stay next to emma i just jump back into the pool
Hard to figure out without more information.
If you can upload the save and tell me how to reproduce the problem from there i'd be willing to look into it.

bit

Mar 9, 2017
@dsconstructor hi bro can you make git on ?
ps. is more easy to view updates and help if you want.

TattooCreature

Jun 2, 2017
View attachment 46246
Info

This mod adds a collapsible cheat menu to the game.
It allows you to add or subtract values of the gamestate, think npc score, quest progression, money, energy, gentle/rough score, etc, see "Useful variable names"
Shift + Click - adds/subtracts 10 every click

Useful variable names

Known issues
- Editing strings is not yet supported, things such as current day of the week are stored this way.
- You can go over limits, such as score or even go into negative money, this is because there are no known limits, rough/gentle can go negative so unless i hard-code every variable's limit this is not going to change.

Important
Backup!
- Saves or save to a new slot after using, since it allows you to change any variable there's a chance of breaking saves if you change the wrong thing.
- TheTwist_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll
The mod replaces the game assembly dll so if you want to uninstall the mod restore from backup.
Only works for the version noted in the zip filename(currently .16Final and .17Beta are available)

Installation
Uninstallation
Changelog
Technical Info(for modders/programmers)
I need really specific directions because I'm not use to modding.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I need really specific directions because I'm not use to modding.
It should be as easy as extract zip to the game folder and say yes to overwrite existing file
Then a button shows up in game to open the cheatmenu, and you click the + or - to add or subtract, see "Useful variable names" for what you might want to change.

@dsconstructor hi bro can you make git on ?
ps. is more easy to view updates and help if you want.
I'll look into it
Edit:

Last edited:

Yvi

Dec 17, 2017
Hi,
does using this help me skip some of the quest progress like:
in walkthrough im in step 45 but then 46 is bugging out.
Can I use this to skip the 46? so that I can go to 47
Note: the steps are just examples

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Hi,
does using this help me skip some of the quest progress like:
in walkthrough im in step 45 but then 46 is bugging out.
Can I use this to skip the 46? so that I can go to 47
Note: the steps are just examples
In theory, however in practice you're often dealing with a more complex set of variables not just a single "*q" quest variable.
Though you can dump the game logic and compare what is required with the current gamestate.
Debug->Dump Scene, then in .\TheTwist_Data\ a SCENENAME.dmp is created with the game logic for that scene(plain text), you can search for some text that occurs in the game to find roughly where you are in the logic. and what might be stopping the progression

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
how do you install the cheat menu
From the OP:
Installation
Extract to game folder and overwrite.

More detailed:
The zip has the correct directory structure so you should be able to extract to game folder and be ready to go
If you're unable to extract with the folder structure intact:
Extract the zip and move Assembly-CSharp.dll to .\TheTwist_Data\Managed\ say yes to overwrite.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Not sure if anyone uses the Dump Scene feature but i've been working on making it output better readable code, this feature is quite powerful and can help find where you're stuck at.
If people have an interest in this i'll push this update for Beta2, otherwise it's probably going to be when next game release will be.

DumpScene_Indentation.jpg

Had to push CheatMenu 0.5Beta for .17Beta3, unlike Beta1 & 2 for which the game assembly did not change it did for Beta3
So be sure to use the latest for .17Beta3

Last edited: