Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
Two Questions:

1 The Subway Mission.

I've played Tyrant before, this is my first time with SAZ Mod. I can make it to the Subway at 7am and 8am, I can see the Subway girl. But there is no rectangular SAZ Mod icon above her.

Is this a problem others have encountered? I mean, I'm still in the first week here, it won't kill me to fresh install and try again, but I'd rather not if there's another solution I'm just unaware of.

2. How do you set the different women on different "non forced" Dark Event lines? I've chosen a default, but I'd like to set all four women on different paths.

I can open the phone, and I can open the cheat menu, and the dark path menu, but it seems to just be "on/off switches". Or maybe I'm as thick as a whale omelette, and I just don't get what's actually quite simple.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
download link seems to be broken ....wont start to DL ..or IF it starts its stopped after 4 sec

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Any news for what your thinking about in terms of updating the mod SAZ? This game could really use you saddog is letting us down atm.
I'm working on cleaning up a couple things still in the mod right now. Still don't have oodles of time with work on overdrive right now, but I'm hoping to be able to add another custom scene or possibly a fan-art scene soon-ish. I've been eyeing those lovely scenes cubero have been doing possibly. But it really comes down to the time I have available to me. I'll keep plugging away at making something for you all. :)

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Two Questions:

1 The Subway Mission.

I've played Tyrant before, this is my first time with SAZ Mod. I can make it to the Subway at 7am and 8am, I can see the Subway girl. But there is no rectangular SAZ Mod icon above her.

Is this a problem others have encountered? I mean, I'm still in the first week here, it won't kill me to fresh install and try again, but I'd rather not if there's another solution I'm just unaware of.

2. How do you set the different women on different "non forced" Dark Event lines? I've chosen a default, but I'd like to set all four women on different paths.

I can open the phone, and I can open the cheat menu, and the dark path menu, but it seems to just be "on/off switches". Or maybe I'm as thick as a whale omelette, and I just don't get what's actually quite simple.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
Thanks for the response!

A new install has taken care of this issue -- I no longer have "proof" that I met all the conditions, so I will assume I had made a mistake somewhere along the way. This is solved now, thanks.

I've played forward enough now that I've seen that the player is offered the menu options each time now.

I misunderstood and assumed that "forced" basically created a scene (much like the basement scene with the player could access from their bedroom in the unmodded game) and was trying to use the Darker Paths drop-down menu in the lower right corner.

Thank you for your assistance!

Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for the response!

A new install has taken care of this issue -- I no longer have "proof" that I met all the conditions, so I will assume I had made a mistake somewhere along the way. This is solved now, thanks.

I've played forward enough now that I've seen that the player is offered the menu options each time now.

I misunderstood and assumed that "forced" basically created a scene (much like the basement scene with the player could access from their bedroom in the unmodded game) and was trying to use the Darker Paths drop-down menu in the lower right corner.

Thank you for your assistance!
No worries, I'm just glad it working for you now. :)

Reactions: Knight2416

-DarkHorizon-

Jul 20, 2018
Hey S A Z, now that saddog has ghosted everyone. do you plan to adopt and continue the game?

Bc even if he shows again, I doubt that his last two updates will bring the game to a satisfying conclusion.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Hey S A Z, now that saddog has ghosted everyone. do you plan to adopt and continue the game?

Bc even if he shows again, I doubt that his last two updates will bring the game to a satisfying conclusion.
I still think it's too early to believe Saddog completely gone yet. He's had of few "sabbaticals" in the past and returned.

That being said, we'll have to see how that actually plays out.

As of right now, I don't have plans to adopt the game in any sort of full development compacity. That's far more work than I have time for at the moment. Content creation from the ground up is demanding work and I respect the effort Saddog has been putting into The Tyrant.

I do plan to continue to create content for my mod as I have time.

I'll have to look at it again as time progresses. He's had a 3 month absence before so we're not quite at his previous record yet. ;)

My circumstances have changed quite a bit at my work as well. Where I used to have time to work on personal projects during those hours, I'm now far to busy with active projects that run into overtime and demand my full attention.

You've probably notice how the development time for my mod has slowed because of this recently.

While the mod does have much more writing than the usual update, it usually only has 20+ custom renders, done slowly on a crappy laptop. I couldn't imagine doing the 150 to 300+ images sometimes contained in a full update on top of my usual mod content right now. o_O I already make you all wait way longer than I want between mod releases.

So for now, we'll wait and see. But if things get dire, then this will have to be revisited.

* Sidenote: I have gone over the eventual content I'd like to add to the mod previously in this thread but to summarize here are some of them.
  • Prelude Story - About the Year the MC was Gone > How they ended up in this mess aka Bruce done fucked up.
  • Add in the Patreon Reward images in a meaningful way. They are short sequences. I think the computer and hidden cameras will help with this.
  • Add some more of those great Fan-Art scenes into the game.
  • Possibly add some UI options, like button themes and such, because it was requested and it seemed fun.

Last edited:

Phyreo

Jun 1, 2017
I still think it's too early to believe Saddog completely gone yet. He's had of few "sabbaticals" in the past and returned.

As of right now, I don't have plans to adopt the game in any sort of full development compacity. That's far more work than I have time for at the moment. Content creation from the ground up is demanding work and I respect the effort Saddog has been putting into The Tyrant.

I'll have to look at it again as time progresses. He's had a 3 month absence before so we're not quite at his previous record yet. ;)

My circumstances have changed quite a bit at my work as well. Where I use to have time to work on personal projects as well during those hours, I'm now far to busy with active projects that run into overtime and demand my full attention.

You've probably notice how the development time for my mod has slowed because of this recently.

While the mod does have much more writing than the usual update, it usually only has 20+ custom renders, done slowly on a crappy laptop. I couldn't imagine doing the 150 to 300+ images sometimes contained in a full update on top of my usual mod content right now. o_O I already make you all wait way longer than I want between mod releases.

So for now, we'll wait and see. But if things get dire, then this will have to be revisited.

* Sidenote: I have gone over the eventual content I'd like to add to the mod previously in this thread but to summarize here are some of them.
  • Prelude Story - About the Year the MC was Gone > How they ended up in this mess aka Bruce done fucked up.
  • Add in the Patreon Reward images in a meaningful way. They are short sequences. I think the computer and hidden cameras will help with this.
  • Possibly add some UI options, like button themes and such, because it was requested and it seemed fun.
As always your work is greatly appreciated. I hope that sado will return to complete his vision. As it is your mod has made this game so much more fun in terms of replayability. Hopefully some great animations will follow as well (hoping :) )

Reactions: Knight2416

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017

As far as I've understand - the most painful part for Saddog is not renders. It's logic and programming.

One of the possibilities - might be you and him join forces.

Archangelx64

Aug 7, 2017
ok so i set up revenge path for all the girls, but nothing is happening with any of them. davide is having nothingto do with anything. set my relationship with alexis to 0 to see what happened but nothing. any way to get the content to show?

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018

My circumstances have changed quite a bit at my work as well. Where I used to have time to work on personal projects during those hours, I'm now far to busy with active projects that run into overtime and demand my full attention.

Thank you S A Z . I appreciate your work on this Mod. It goes a long way to improving The Tyrant's overall gaming experience. (y) :coffee:

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
ok so i set up revenge path for all the girls, but nothing is happening with any of them. davide is having nothingto do with anything. set my relationship with alexis to 0 to see what happened but nothing. any way to get the content to show?
Have you set their corruption to +100? You may need to become a gang member before you see Davide do stuff.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
So the mod still uses most of the original game mechanics when it comes to triggering the "Darker Path" (NTR) scenes.

The MC needs to have a low relationship with the girls, 5 or less. And more scenes open up as the player progresses throughout the game. They will also play through either the Love or Corruption path to progress through the game as well since those main scenes progress the story.

Personally I find that the Love path paired with the Revenge Path makes for a more tragic impact to the story which hits the player harder, but the player can pair the paths together as they wish.

You'll recognize the "Darker Path" scenes not only by their NTR content but by the choice menu before each scene allowing you to choose a "Darker Path" for each girl in the scene. However you won't see that menu if you've selected the "Force Darker Path" option for a particular girl in the cheat menu in the phone as that auto selects the choice you've highlighted in that case.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes