VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Web We Weave (Daz) [v0.0.2b] [Balladiasm]

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
I'm not sure what to make of this right now or whether it is an improvement on the previous version.

The renders are okay but the Engrish is really out there. I kept wondering if it was done deliberately?

I expect that some of these qualities will evolve, but we shall see. :( :coffee:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I'm not sure what to make of this right now or whether it is an improvement on the previous version.

The renders are okay but the Engrish is really out there. I kept wondering if it was done deliberately?

I expect that some of these qualities will evolve, but we shall see. :( :coffee:
Render are ok? Seriously, you've got poop in your eyes. No way.
Even a guy who just instaled daz does things better...

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
You can do better in daz but it's far from guaranteed. Between this and the original version frankly the original version looks a lot better.
Well, that's what I've been saying all along. He managed to make the game look this bad with daz. And yes, I can confirm that there's a way to do much better with Daz. Just understand that you're no longer on HS to do the rendering...

Sun Quan

Oct 10, 2017
I agree with the majority of the posters. Personally, I think the HS version looks a lot better. That's not to say that DAZ models can't look beautiful, it's just not happening here yet.

In all honesty, I very much recommend the devs to abandon this version and finish the original. Creating one version of a game is difficult enough. If you spend your time making two, the quality of both versions will plummet and you'll spread yourselves too thin and burn out. If you really want to use DAZ models for a game, then my suggestion is to finish the HS version of this game then create a new, different one after you've learned DAZ better and built up a decent collection of assets to use. Regardless, good luck.