VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Web We Weave (Daz) [v0.0.2b] [Balladiasm]

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I agree with the majority of the posters. Personally, I think the HS version looks a lot better. That's not to say that DAZ models can't look beautiful, it's just not happening here yet.

In all honesty, I very much recommend the devs to abandon this version and finish the original. Creating one version of a game is difficult enough. If you spend your time making two, the quality of both versions will plummet and you'll spread yourselves too thin and burn out. If you really want to use DAZ models for a game, then my suggestion is to finish the HS version of this game then create a new, different one after you've learned DAZ better and built up a decent collection of assets to use. Regardless, good luck.
Finally someone who makes sense.

Reactions: HansDampf788

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
xD. Should have stayed on honey select. Normally he would have been more handsome, but no, it's still disgusting, omg.
to be honest... i dont know if its good idea to move from HS to DAZ.
unless dev know well DAz, it need to take into consideration that it cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more money and its wayyyyyyyyyyyy harder to make animations and stuff.

but heh, its the dev choice. not sure if i would have make this choice myself .. probably not XD. i would have stay in HS and progress better i think.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
to be honest... i dont know if its good idea to move from HS to DAZ.
unless dev know well DAz, it need to take into consideration that it cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more money and its wayyyyyyyyyyyy harder to make animations and stuff.

but heh, its the dev choice. not sure if i would have make this choice myself .. probably not XD. i would have stay in HS and progress better i think.
Or never having started with Honey select, which is now largely overtaken by Daz. He's starting to get very old Honey Select. Making a game from another game is already a bad idea at first.
It's a good thing the creators of honey select don't turn against these so-called "devs".

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
1. Mary_sprite1 is missing
2. Quite a sexy models, but quality could be better tbh -- hope you'll find way with DAZ

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Or never having started with Honey select, which is now largely overtaken by Daz. He's starting to get very old Honey Select. Making a game from another game is already a bad idea at first.
It's a good thing the creators of honey select don't turn against these so-called "devs".
HS isnt a bad thing (i think), its just the lack of change that make HS very low compared to DAZ.
we saw that HS standard MC sooo many times, the same poses etc... its very limited.

while DAz offer almost infinite possibilities. but in exchange, its way harder to control (specially on lights ad else)

soo.. its usually nice to change from HS to DAZ... but in this case, i think the dev went too fast and should have learned a bit more DAz before starting converting the game.
but now... its done. we'll see where it goes. too late to go back now.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
HS isnt a bad thing (i think), its just the lack of change that make HS very low compared to DAZ.
we saw that HS standard MC sooo many times, the same poses etc... its very limited.

while DAz offer almost infinite possibilities. but in exchange, its way harder to control (specially on lights ad else)

soo.. its usually nice to change from HS to DAZ... but in this case, i think the dev went too fast and should have learned a bit more DAz before starting converting the game.
but now... its done. we'll see where it goes. too late to go back now.
For my part in the boycott.
I participated in this thread just because I was surprised to do worse with daz.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for all the comments folks, Think I'm gonna skip this one for my own sanity's sake.

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
Just a word of advice to all game devs out there and not just this one.

Finish your project and perfect the story; THEN go back and make improvements to the looks of the game if you want to. Too often devs decide to redo the whole thing in the middle which more often than not-- causes burn out and an incomplete game.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
The graphics weren't a problem for the original game; the problem was the atrocious writing and the horrid grammar.
you dont like a mother who threaten to cut of the dick and ball from her son? or who hate blowjob him? :p

edit::
old game, 2 stars, new game 5 stars....that the reason for restart?

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
WTF REALLY!!......Your trying this SHIT GAME with different graphics ? Thats not going to save your game the atrocious writing an bad grammar, countless other dumb thing is what made the other one suck goats ass. Slapping a pretty sticker one a box of shit still makes it a BOX OF SHIT!! You should've stayed with Honey Select you downgraded graphics to go along with your shitty writing.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
The game Max life went through something similar, the dev came up with the brilliant idea to change HS to DAZ (I think) and make a remake... which was forgotten and buried before update 3 because nobody liked the idea or it just didn't work.

To make a remake that is exactly the same but with different graphics (not better) and worse, continuing with the previous one in parallel... I don't think it works...:rolleyes: