HTML Abandoned The Weekend [v2.0.1.9] [Tufty]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

kingscard

Mar 31, 2017
Very good VN ! Small in lewd content at the moment (nothing in the last update unless I missed something).

I'm Eager to read the following !

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
I REALLY Enjoyed This Game; played all paths thru to End of Content
I REALLY Liked the 1st version (5.6)
The story Is a lil different in places, but ALOT MORE Content.
It Is A Shame That She will Not be finishing it (Discontinued) :cry: :cry:
Tufty Should consider making a Walk-thru, or at least a Guide for Each Path.

Reactions: qorl55

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Version 1 is abandoned in favor of version 2 because of major structural problems with the plot. Most of the specific events will eventually surely reappear ... just without your sister lying-by-omission for your entire visit

Reactions: Shelscott50

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Version 1 is abandoned in favor of version 2 because of major structural problems with the plot. Most of the specific events will eventually surely reappear ... just without your sister lying-by-omission for your entire visit
I liked both versions. I really didn't notice any "structural problems". In Most ways, I liked Version 1 better. The story was better All way around...version 2 seems a bit "tame", but still I am looking forward to next Update.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
I liked both versions. I really didn't notice any "structural problems". In Most ways, I liked Version 1 better. The story was better All way around...version 2 seems a bit "tame", but still I am looking forward to next Update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tufty also wrote above:
The original was full of plot holes, contradictions, and lots of half-baked meandering sections with little or no interactivity. I was having trouble maintaining interest because there was a lot of branches that I either didn't know quite what to do with or had little motivation to continue.

lushlife

Sep 1, 2017
The old version was so great with all its exciting events and branches. Such a memorable story. The remix reads a little better, but it's just the set up. Looks like it will be a waiting game to get the full remixed experienced, if we ever get there. I hope for the best.

D

Deleted member 3181120

Hey everyone, tufty here, one of my patrons mentioned this thread and I thought I'd drop in and say hello. Looks like everyone is (more or less) enjoying the remake. I would appreciate it if you guys didn't share patron versions of the game, but I also don't have the time or energy to enforce that even if I could, and I've never harbored any pretense of turning this into a serious source of income, so there you go.

Feel free to ask me questions, give me feedback, or hurl vitriolic insults at me or my writing. I can't guarantee I'll be super active here but I'll do my best to keep tabs on things!
Dear Tufty,

I have to tell you that I played through The Weekend 3 times so far. I am so looking forward to the next update!

But the main reason I went looking for a post from you is to say I just played Thin Walls at tufty.games and actually cried.
Thank you for such wonderful stories!
I think I will have interesting dreams tonight.

Frankie

p.s. If you can recommend any other games I would appreciate it.

Reactions: þussy

tufty89

Jul 17, 2020
Dear Tufty,

I have to tell you that I played through The Weekend 3 times so far. I am so looking forward to the next update!

But the main reason I went looking for a post from you is to say I just played Thin Walls at tufty.games and actually cried.
Thank you for such wonderful stories!
I think I will have interesting dreams tonight.

Frankie

p.s. If you can recommend any other games I would appreciate it.
Aww, thanks, that's very sweet. I'd love to do more shorter games like Thin Walls, but it's hard to keep the scope small without obvious railroading and I feel bad when I'm not putting my limited dev time into The Weekend.

As far as other games go...the reason I started The Weekend was because I couldn't find anything much like it. One of the best games with sexual content from a female perspective I've ever played is this super old Neverwinter Nights 1 mod called A Dance With Rogues. It's obviously dated, but if you're able to get it running I'd highly recommend it. My game dev fantasy is to some day remake it as a standalone game or create something that's heavily inspired by it, because I just don't see games like it anywhere.

D

Deleted member 1172441

Aww, thanks, that's very sweet. I'd love to do more shorter games like Thin Walls, but it's hard to keep the scope small without obvious railroading and I feel bad when I'm not putting my limited dev time into The Weekend.

As far as other games go...the reason I started The Weekend was because I couldn't find anything much like it. One of the best games with sexual content from a female perspective I've ever played is this super old Neverwinter Nights 1 mod called A Dance With Rogues. It's obviously dated, but if you're able to get it running I'd highly recommend it. My game dev fantasy is to some day remake it as a standalone game or create something that's heavily inspired by it, because I just don't see games like it anywhere.
Love the Dance With Rogues too. Awkward beginning, but lovely module. Is there an ETA on 0.16's public release? I've yet to find another kind tf game like this

D

Deleted member 3181120

I agree. I have played some games where the MC was a woman or became a woman, but her internal dialogue was always wrong, and she did not feel like a woman at all.

I am downloading NWN1 EE on Steam now and there is a new updated "A Dance With Rogues" specifically for this version, which was last updated in March. I am downloading that mod also.

This is not in any way to say that I won't be avidly awaiting the next version of The Weekend.
I will also be making a new Patreon account so I can support you.

Reactions: youngethan
D

Deleted member 1172441

New update has been out for a while on tfgamesite

qorl55

May 23, 2018
Man, I finally started playing this new remake version, and I gotta be honest I don't actually like it much so far. I think I liked the original way more. The writing quality is probably the same, but I don't care for the seemingly increased focus on the transformation with frequent callbacks to the previous form. The game also is much more intent on deciding and telling you what Casey's mental states and attractions are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3181120

Is there really such a noticeable difference?
Oh yes, decidedly. For example; Casey's impression of her body, her reaction to being ogled, and her dream sequences. I have yet to see anything from any other author to ring as true.
I do not recall, nor would I bash them here if I did, which VN had the unfortunate content. I think it was one where you could play the same story as a man or a woman. I tried the woman but she sounded like a man in a woman's body.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
Oh yes, decidedly. For example; Casey's impression of her body, her reaction to being ogled, and her dream sequences. I have yet to see anything from any other author to ring as true.
I do not recall, nor would I bash them here if I did, which VN had the unfortunate content. I think it was one where you could play the same story as a man or a woman. I tried the woman but she sounded like a man in a woman's body.
Hmm well it is true that most of those "choose your gender" games seem male-focused. There are times when I'm playing one of them and I'm like "No woman would say it like that...". Have you played Life Changes For Keeley? Not as well written as tufty's work, but it has 2 distinct protags and the gay woman sounds pretty legit.

D

Deleted member 1172441

Hmm well it is true that most of those "choose your gender" games seem male-focused. There are times when I'm playing one of them and I'm like "No woman would say it like that...". Have you played Life Changes For Keeley? Not as well written as tufty's work, but it has 2 distinct protags and the gay woman sounds pretty legit.
I can barely count any games on here where you play as a woman without having a vibe of the fetish being the act of playing a woman and seeing terrible things happen to them. Tora, Tufty, and Rinmaru are the only devs I can think of who avoid such things

qorl55

May 23, 2018
I can barely count any games on here where you play as a woman without having a vibe of the fetish being the act of playing a woman and seeing terrible things happen to them. Tora, Tufty, and Rinmaru are the only devs I can think of who avoid such things
Yeah you're not wrong about that.

D

Deleted member 3181120

Tufty,

I wanted to send this to you on Patreon but could not figure out how to attach it there.
Here is the first part of my proof reading.
I did it directly from the html file as I did not know how else to.
This contains spoilers.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes