VN Ren'Py The Will of Endreon [Ch. 2 Part 2] [Hidden Dreams]

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

Anarchy2000

Feb 12, 2023
the truth is that ntr is never completely discarded from most games, the developers always find a little loophole to include it, unlike incest... at least it could be optional too as ntr is

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Actually, when I started making the game, I was worried that people would fear NTR would occur since there are many male characters who aren't MC. I didn't want that, so, I intentionally wrote in lines of dialogue to emphasize that the other main male character should be seen as asexual. However, after this, I then thought it wouldn't be difficult to tweak the story to accommodate for some NTR scenes since I know some people out there like it, which is why I didn't rule it out entirely. My only intention is to make an enjoyable game for people. There should be some warning about good intentions.

I will gladly tell people not to support me if they are just hoping to get NTR in the future.
Just ignore all these anti/pro-NTR crying motherfuckers (term of endearment of course) and just make your game. Already this thread and your thoughts are being highjacked by a bunch of whiny cunts (term of endearment of course).

If your game is good, it'll be good. So far, it feels real good. Keep up the good work! (y)

And my last bit of advice (not that I'm anyone of consequence, just another turd with an opinion), don't interact with people in this thread too much. Post your status updates and your releases, and post a few teasers, and try not to get sucked into the whirlpool that is the whine fest of so many posters. :cautious:

Good luck dude, definitely off to a great start! :D

P.S. Ignore me too, I'm just taking out of my ass like everyone else here! :p

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Actually, when I started making the game, I was worried that people would fear NTR would occur since there are many male characters who aren't MC. I didn't want that, so, I intentionally wrote in lines of dialogue to emphasize that the other main male character should be seen as asexual. However, after this, I then thought it wouldn't be difficult to tweak the story to accommodate for some NTR scenes since I know some people out there like it, which is why I didn't rule it out entirely. My only intention is to make an enjoyable game for people. There should be some warning about good intentions.

I will gladly tell people not to support me if they are just hoping to get NTR in the future.
its nice of you to want to accommodate as many people as possible, but for every supporter you get with a possible NTR story you will lose 10 or more vanilla fans, some people wont even look at your game as soon as the tag drops. And as Ozygator said dev pulled to much shit in the last few years, there is no more good will left form most longstanding vanilla fans for that kind of stuff. just yesterday an update with borderline NTR dropped for a harem game with two years dev time. We a fucking tired of that shit.
You probably lost people already just for mentioning the possibility. I for one are turned off massively by your possible side project and the unclear stance on the topic at hand.
best of luck to you.

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Everyone is going on and on about the NTR and possibility of it, when the dev has already made it abundantly clear the NTR (IF ANY) would be completely optional/avoidable, and has stated on a few post that clearly no fetish will be pushed on anyone, even minor things. I get not liking it but the dev has been clear about it, and the sexual content in general.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020

Games with both Vanilla and NTR rarely mix well unless you have a fair amount of goodwill with players so they trust one won't mix with the other or one won't have much larger focus/development than the other. BUT it can work and also it is your game, your choice, adapting your preferred gameplay to appease the fanbase will only led to unhappiness down the line and eventually the abandoned tag. Having clarified the situation with NTR in detail at the start of the game will earn you some goodwill. Just be sure it is your final stance because changing your mind again later on is the worst thing you could do.

In my opinion a vanilla game with just some ntr scene isn't worth it. ntr players won't be much interested in a game that has like only 10-20% ntr. some vanilla player won't mind ntr as long as it is separated and not taking too much development time but a portion will not even touch your game.

Anyways good luck

Maevos

May 4, 2019
Well damn. Layla's comment about the married guy turned me off from the idea of manwhoring completely. I went back and changed my response to the driver to avoid it altogether. Prostitution is bad, mmkay?

I kinda get the feeling that this is lowkey what the dev intented. :unsure:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Pretty good so far. Medieval is tough for me to get into, but this wasn't all that bad. The dialogue was written more modern which I enjoyed, instead of being in medieval speak. Props for the choices on who to engage with. Many games love to force that content, so, glad to see you gave us choices on it. I didn't go see Layla (not into the prostitute thing), but everything else was good.

Not going to get big into the NTR stuff, just simply say: if you want to add it, then go for it. If not, then don't. Don't let others tell you what to do with your game. I don't care either way, as long as it is avoidable and the story is still good with/without it. Mainly here for the story. Sex is just a bonus, regardless of how it is introduced.

But yeah, I enjoyed it. Interested to see where this goes. Thanks for your work and best of luck. ;)

Jan 14, 2023
Enough about ntr/non ntr... the more important Q... will there be female minotaurs?

:ROFLMAO:
Female minotaurs would be extremely interesting to some players. *cough* The last game I can remember with multiple characters and a solid slice of scenes for multiple actors was Roundscape Adorevia ( https://f95zone.to/threads/roundscape-adorevia-v5-8b-arvus-games.466/ ). I'm not aware of any using this engine, i.e. high-quality 3D renders.

The kinks / tags they hit are: Amazonian women, monster-girl and whatever dom/sub stuff you like. Large breasts and lactation are also almost a given.

Niche but rare. Mmmm. De-rail over - looks interesting, always up for more fantasy based games, will give it a run-through.

@ Dev: hosting files on GOFILE is much preferred (by some of us) due to their lack of bandwidth caps and popups for future reference. Not a big deal, but makes a difference if/when you're hitting 4+ gb.

Last edited:
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Liam the Handyman

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020

Look harem/vanilla fans and ntr fans are totally opposite and are at eachother necks most of the time, there is no way in hell you are going to please both fandom and believe me dozens have tried and no one have succeeded. Just choose one fandom and avoid the other completely, being indecisive or planing side ntr game when you can see the love interest that you hot attached to sleeping with other males is getting you zero good will with the vanilla players. 5 or 4 years ago people would have supported you even if you played both sides but we have been cheated so many times that even the most little detail like "may or may not have avoidable ntr in the future" is enough to drive tons of players of the game.

Jan 14, 2023
Just starting, and the English is a bit off (second language? It's almost overly grammatically correct that leads to oddities). The past perfect and present perfect are rarely used and look odd if you mix the tenses up especially if you're using both in the same sentence to refer to separate subjects who have differing temporal stances. e.g. one thing that has ceased to happen, one thing that continues to happen. I've noticed it a few times already, but here's a corker:

Example: "Nil makes a good point. If the minotaur has been living outside the realms, it's possible his knowledge of the Kenshii is as the main protectors of the realms. We aren't sure he is aware of the fall and loss that occurred".

This should read (given the speaker is aware the minotaur just died): "Nil makes a good point. If the minotaur hasd been living outside the realms, it's possible his knowledge of the Kenshii is as was (or better: "still remained as") them being the main protectors of the realms. We aren't cannot be sure he is (better: "if he was aware") was aware of the fall and loss that (better: "that has", as it is a continuing stance) occurred". Here you have two temporal stances: the minotaur (who has ceased to be, is dead as a parrot) who is now temporally fixed as past tense, and the status of the Kenshii (who remain temporally in the present as a continuing stance) - they require different past/present perfect tenses applied to each separately.

In this case you cannot use "is as" because we'd use a different tense / word order entirely if it was a continuing stance (minotaur is required to be alive for this to work): "Nil makes a good point. If the minotaur has been living outside the realms, it's possible his knowledge of the Kenshii is as the main protectors of the realms, he may / might (might is more colloquially correct here) still consider the Kensii as the main protectors of the realms. We aren't sure he is aware of the fall and loss that occurred We cannot know / tell if he is aware of our current status, as fallen as we are." (tell here is more colloquially correct, and is synonymous with 'knowing' in this sentence due to contextual clues).

Three things going on: speaking subject is part of the Kenshii, so must include himself when referring to them; 'knowing' language in English has several shortcuts that include implicit things (as opposed to say, French, where you have to specify which type of knowledge is being referred); past / present temporal stances are not universal within a sentence (several languages do this) but subject locked.

The take-away here is that if you're going to go with complex clauses (to show the speaker is an educated sage type) if you get them incorrect it jars a native speaker right out of the story, becoming almost incoherent.

TL;DR

The dialogue is impressive if English is your second language, but you're mis-using tenses in complex sentences that jar a native / fluent reader. You'll need a language pass to make it sound less alien (and sadly, you're not in the teritory of "non-human race speaker so oddities can be based on them being a non-English speaker" here).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ullysse and xortor

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
And my last bit of advice (not that I'm anyone of consequence, just another turd with an opinion), don't interact with people in this thread too much. Post your status updates and your releases, and post a few teasers, and try not to get sucked into the
this might be a mistake no?
ppl here love to interact with the dev´s (lets rule them trolls out ;) )
and if they are honest about the plot etc - ppl are more likely to support the game
i dont mean the dev have to show up every day , but once or twice a week may help - the dev and the players ;)
the point is , at some threads there are ppl who have a friend of a friend who heard that "..." - yk what i mean
those threads go wild after a while

btw Hidden Dreams - you might apply for developer tag if you dont have :)

Jenzi800

Aug 25, 2020
Great start! Exceptional render quality and I appreciate the attempt at worldbuilding.

Nia is fantastic, despite her brusqueness. Out of this world sexy.

I think the relationship building happened too fast here with most of the girls. You don't need to have a slow burn if that's not your style, but these people are practically strangers and getting intimate. Even if she saw MC in her dreams, it would be nice if there was at least some romantic buildup based on MC's heroics and their shared growth. If you want to introduce early and frequent lewd scenes, then you've already set it up with the early choice about being OK paying for prostitutes. (i.e., give players the option to bang random girls or pursue romance or a little of both, but don't throw the romantic options in with the whores)

Lastly, it's a shame the MC is kind of ... pudgy around the face. Maybe he's starting off 'soft' and will improve in appearance over the course of his adventure?
Nia is also my fav

:love::p

Jan 14, 2023
Mini-review of content so far:

1) Entire NTR discussion is a red herring, game is no-where near that stage and doesn't even imply that kind of content. Currently there's about 20mins of content and a two minor sex scenes (that I could discover). Interestingly, the unlocks strongly suggest that "heroic / noble" acts / non-NTR is going to be rewarded, so again, ignore the first 3 pages of this thread
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. You cannot get this if you do the easier / more transactional content. i.e. Developer has already chosen to expressly lock content behind player behaviour, which is fine (and very anti-NTR in design).

Now, if anyone had played the demo instead of splurge posting their insecurities the thread might have been a bit more positive.

2) Minor text errors (see post above), also minor textual inconsistencies (e.g. in library, old sage says he went to look for the book in Greenwhereever, text is missing a "NOT" when discussing if he found it or not, otherwise you've stated you've discovered the McGuffin already). Otherwise writing is decent and info-dumps aren't too arduous.

3) Renders are high quality and setting / world building is good (backgrounds are detailed, minor non-story NPCs have decent models etc): elf work in particular is A+ tier

4) As a fantasy story setup it works, the cliches work because the Cook is such a bastard and we have a protagonist whose main ambition was to get a wife and be a cook which has potential story-wise. i.e. Hero's journey with non-arrogant / cocky protag, always better than 'the chosen one' stuff.

5) Tone is serious / Romance / Realistic relationships > sex. Don't expect gratuitous nudity or 4th wall breaking (and sadly, probably no nympho goblins either). Story / Characters will get locked if you do not match their standards.

~

So, decent if very short little demo. Good luck and here's hoping you continue with it.

Last edited:

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Mini-review of content so far:

1) Entire NTR discussion is a red herring, game is no-where near that stage and doesn't even imply that kind of content. Currently there's about 20mins of content and a two minor sex scenes (that I could discover). Interestingly, the unlocks strongly suggest that "heroic / noble" acts / non-NTR is going to be rewarded, so again, ignore the first 3 pages of this thread
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. You cannot get this if you do the easier / more transactional content. i.e. Developer has already chosen to expressly lock content behind player behaviour, which is fine (and very anti-NTR in design).

Now, if anyone had played the demo instead of splurge posting their insecurities the thread might have been a bit more positive.

2) Minor text errors (see post above), also minor textual inconsistencies (e.g. in library, old sage says he went to look for the book in Greenwhereever, text is missing a "NOT" when discussing if he found it or not, otherwise you've stated you've discovered the McGuffin already). Otherwise writing is decent and info-dumps aren't too arduous.

3) Renders are high quality and setting / world building is good (backgrounds are detailed, minor non-story NPCs have decent models etc): elf work in particular is A+ tier

4) As a fantasy story setup it works, the cliches work because the Cook is such a bastard and we have a protagonist whose main ambition was to get a wife and be a cook which has potential story-wise. i.e. Hero's journey with non-arrogant / cocky protag, always better than 'the chosen one' stuff.

~

So, decent if very short little demo. Good luck and here's hoping you continue with it.
So you are telling the people that ignore the fact that the dev said NTR may be added in the future just because right now there isn't any? I think that's pretty shitty advice because when it gets added in update 15 lots of people are not going to be happy about it.
You like: "Hug this cactus, just ignore the fact that it may have thorns"

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes