VN Ren'Py The Will of Endreon [Ch. 2 Part 2] [Hidden Dreams]

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes
Jan 14, 2023
So you are telling the people that ignore the fact that the dev said NTR may be added in the future just because right now there isn't any? I think that's pretty shitty advice because when it gets added in update 15 lots of people are not going to be happy about it.
No, I am telling the people who did not play the demo and who splurge posted that if they had played the demo they would have immediately found that the developer is not an idiot and has the skill to present a story that already locks a player out of content that does not fit their play-style. i.e. if a NTR hating person played the game, even if it contained said content, they would be highly unlikely to even encounter it due to story branches / forking.

Which is a game design skill, and one that the Developer has shown to have mastered.

Unless you're stating that someone who doesn't like NTR shouldn't play a game that even has it in due to some kind of weird purity incel issue?

You like: "Hug this cactus, just ignore the fact that it may have thorns".
More accuractely: You're an adult - you can enjoy roses without grabbing the stem and deliberately impaling yourself on the thorns then running to mummy to cry about it or even more accurately, running to mummy to cry about it because it *might* happen.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
this might be a mistake no?
ppl here love to interact with the dev´s (lets rule them trolls out ;) )
and if they are honest about the plot etc - ppl are more likely to support the game
i dont mean the dev have to show up every day , but once or twice a week may help - the dev and the players ;)
the point is , at some threads there are ppl who have a friend of a friend who heard that "..." - yk what i mean
those threads go wild after a while

btw Hidden Dreams - you might apply for developer tag if you dont have :)
Seeing that most devs of top games are doing exactly the same (even if they were interacting in the beginning), I'd say it's the opposite of a mistake. When you have the luxury of seeing others falling in a hole before you and regretting it, you should definitely avoid it and not fall in yourself.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Look harem/vanilla fans and ntr fans are totally opposite and are at eachother necks most of the time, there is no way in hell you are going to please both fandom and believe me dozens have tried and no one have succeeded. Just choose one fandom and avoid the other completely, being indecisive or planing side ntr game when you can see the love interest that you hot attached to sleeping with other males is getting you zero good will with the vanilla players. 5 or 4 years ago people would have supported you even if you played both sides but we have been cheated so many times that even the most little detail like "may or may not have avoidable ntr in the future" is enough to drive tons of players of the game.
well you could please both crowds ... make NTR optional ... would help a great deal .... trouble would be the dev would then have to make 2 routes along the storyline :unsure:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
well you could please both crowds ... make NTR optional ... would help a great deal .... trouble would be the dev would then have to make 2 routes along the storyline :unsure:
more like 2 games - like stated

So there WILL be ntr ?
What if kind of setup we all know how that works . Lots of game try that then ultimately shift the main focus to the so called non-conical version happened too many times before . All kind of cocktail of tags trying to add as many as possible.
If Ntr is planned then it should be mentioned on planned tags doesn't matter if it's canonical or not .
read it again - carefully

Jan 14, 2023
Does the game will have a lot of choices and does the choices will matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game will have?
If you read the mini-review you'd spot there's already two paths which are mutually exclusive for content which share the same story. e.g. Your choices at the start lock you to one of the scenes from your 1st choice. One is visiting a brothel, the other is romancing your bosses' daughter. I say romance accurately since:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Main story: Linear
Optional scenes: exclusive

This is a fairly good indication that paths will be exclusive and/or highly reliant on the "purity" of the MC.

~

TBH, it's really obvious that most comments (esp. regarding NTR) haven't even bothered to play the demo. The tone of it... really isn't that of a game where "fuck everyone" is on the cards. To even get one of the scenes requires you to choose every. single. boring. straight. goody-goody. choice.

It's like watching panic over drag-queens in here atm.

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
What a lot of us here are getting tired of is the dissecting of every facet of "possible" NTR, and it seems some are trying to create their own definitions in the process.

My opinion is that they are ruining the fantasy. By overexplaining/overanalyzing a fictional narrative, they are taking away the metaphors or parable that might be in the story by limiting the definitions of certain actions and intent.

Intent is a very overlooked action. My intent in scratching my dog's tummy is to show him I care for him and appreciate his companionship. Now if someone points out to me that "technically," you're engaging in bestiality. Now my intent is diluted needlessly.

NTR debating is squeezing the juice out of the fantasy.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023
NTR debating is squeezing the juice out of the fantasy.
Fair enough. My real point in responding / thread sitting (too much) is that I've no idea why this title in particular has attracted this amount of push-back (and yes, you got the intent part of my spoof / schlock story).

Playing it shows a very conservative / romance based VN (with very good looking models) that is playing it "straight" (as in: serious story, no 4th wall breaking barring the Skyrim nod, LORE DUMP AHOY etc) which needs about three months of content to start flourishing. You make a choice at the start: gratuitous prostitution (which the game then heavily explains as transactional and mercenary) or sweet romance (no nudity even). Even the "slutty elf" trope is played as "sweet kiss only" elf here.

Panicking that you might get stung by getting "cucked" by a rampant minotaur on update #15 kinda shows you've not even had the decency to play through the demo. It's just bizarre to think this one is playing a "gotcha" long-con. Minotaur spoiler:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Good first impression! However, I noticed on the prostitute Lick 1 animation my CPU shot up to 100% usage and the browser froze. i5-12600K Haven't had that happen before, and it's reproducible. Something wonky going on.

Reactions: Hidden Dreams

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Very well done, game looks beautiful
great character backstories and renders Hope this works out for you dev
Looking forward to the next update

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes