Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
Sorry, what exactly should I do with this file?
When you click on that file and are at the new window, right click to save as and then, go to the game folder where the game.exe is, make sure the file is named only Script.vdf before saving it (just remove the numbers, the underscore and the .txt).

Makes you able to use the Kagura patch on their website.

Wait, what, really? Didn't the mage-girl that appears in both games reference the events from Maze over in Seed of Evil? Or am I remembering wrong? It's been ages since I played these games and Maze didn't leave much of an impression on me back in the day... Also don't remember the details of the dev's chronology ci-en post... and it was pretty convoluted anyway...

If this is true, I think the plot-holes in this guy's story-telling might be even bigger than I already realized...
Yes, really. Just like onore said, what happens in both games with her cement that fact of Seed of Evil being before Wombraid Maze.

Just to see, what kind of plot-holes have you realized on his story-telling ? Asking because i'm going to play all the games chronologically soon, since this game is the only one i didn't play yet. So that i'll have a fresh memory of events and all that.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I actually went to their ci-en to check out their , and you're right. Maze happens after Seed of Evil. The weirdness to me was about the time-line of events, but I forgot that 1, there's a couple of short-stories that happen too in between everything that aren't translated. I also forgot the detail that children that are part monster develop much faster than humans, with the degree of development depending on how inhuman they are... and Mine (or however her name is spelled), who appears in the Lisette game, is particularly inhuman. (She's like 75% monster or something)

Though in general, I may be overthinking some things given that the games themselves don't really give us any clear numbers on how much time passed between them. Like, we know that Mina had Mine due to Wombraid Maze, but we have no idea how much time passed between Wombraid Maze and the events of Lisette, and thus how old Mine is. In general, we have no idea about the age of any of these characters.

In any case, the biggest plot-hole is still related to this game itself. In the sense that there's NO way that survivors from a civilization that advanced would regress to the point where they completely forgot everything about the past. Not with how the game ends. The Egg facility that Lilium is from was 100% intact at the end of the incident. I haven't yet played Kagura's version to see if the improved translation clarifies some things, but... Based on what Seraphy was saying, there were other survivors out there that were partially monster-ized and plenty of facilities that, while abandoned, still worked with or without the problematic pollution causing tech. Quite frankly, it's ludicrous to imagine that the surviving Egg facilities wouldn't be able to establish a civilization around their remaining tech while also maintaining proper records.

Furthermore, written records would STILL be a thing, as such, there's no reason why the events of Lilium couldn't be properly recorded and preserved in their situation. They were not literally blasted into the stone-age, and the survivors were not just illiterate children or anything like that.

It just doesn't make any sense no matter how much you try to spin your brain into a pretzel to make sense of it.

But again, I might just be thinking too hard about it all. XD

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
I actually went to their ci-en to check out their , and you're right. Maze happens after Seed of Evil. The weirdness to me was about the time-line of events, but I forgot that 1, there's a couple of short-stories that happen too in between everything that aren't translated. I also forgot the detail that children that are part monster develop much faster than humans, with the degree of development depending on how inhuman they are... and Mine (or however her name is spelled), who appears in the Lisette game, is particularly inhuman. (She's like 75% monster or something)

Though in general, I may be overthinking some things given that the games themselves don't really give us any clear numbers on how much time passed between them. Like, we know that Mina had Mine due to Wombraid Maze, but we have no idea how much time passed between Wombraid Maze and the events of Lisette, and thus how old Mine is. In general, we have no idea about the age of any of these characters.

In any case, the biggest plot-hole is still related to this game itself. In the sense that there's NO way that survivors from a civilization that advanced would regress to the point where they completely forgot everything about the past. Not with how the game ends. The Egg facility that Lilium is from was 100% intact at the end of the incident. I haven't yet played Kagura's version to see if the improved translation clarifies some things, but... Based on what Seraphy was saying, there were other survivors out there that were partially monster-ized and plenty of facilities that, while abandoned, still worked with or without the problematic pollution causing tech. Quite frankly, it's ludicrous to imagine that the surviving Egg facilities wouldn't be able to establish a civilization around their remaining tech while also maintaining proper records.

Furthermore, written records would STILL be a thing, as such, there's no reason why the events of Lilium couldn't be properly recorded and preserved in their situation. They were not literally blasted into the stone-age, and the survivors were not just illiterate children or anything like that.

It just doesn't make any sense no matter how much you try to spin your brain into a pretzel to make sense of it.

But again, I might just be thinking too hard about it all. XD
Yup, there's 2 short stories, both with Mina, one where she fights someone who targeted her it seems and one where we see how she became a dragon-slayer. Don't really remember the name of Mina's child but Mine is more inhuman indeed, since Mina is already half-inhuman.

True, as far as i remember too, there's no clear indication of how much time passed, even in that chronology post.

Well, regression wouldn't be impossible at all. I didn't play the game yet so i don't know everything but it wouldn't be weird for me that it regressed so much between this game and Seed of Evil. The facility you're talking about could have very well been destroyed later, let's not forget several hundred years or even several thousand years have passed since the end of this game. Time can do many things, even if there are survivors monsterized and plenty of facilities working no matter what, it can be destroyed/erased or whatever else.

Thing is, even if there's written records, it can't last forever and let's not forget the civilisation still had to be careful around monsters. It's likely they didn't have much time to record and whatever they recorded could very well be lost in time too.

We even have some proof with the village of Seraphina, it's told to us that with time passing, the legends of Seraphy have been changed so much that no one knows what's the truth anymore. And it's easy to prove IRL too, there's an exercice where someone tolds you something and you have to repeat it to the one behind you and it goes on with multiple people. At the end, everyone repeats what they heard and you can see that most of the time, between the first thing said and the last thing said, it changed a lot.

So yeah, it isn't weird for me at all that it regressed so much.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
While I can accept that the story of Seraphy and Lilium could get distorted to some extent... especially since some details would likely have to be changed or kept hidden to try and keep people from getting stupid ideas... civilization regressing to that extent and not recovering is simply not possible without some REALLY extreme circumstances. After all, humanity, even our humanity, has been taking more and more steps to prevent just that sort of thing from happening even in the case of a Nuclear Apocalypse.

There are lots of contingencies to prevent such a thing from happening and while details of history would be lost... the events needed to blast humanity into literal stone-age with no ability to recover to at least Industrial age is more likely to wipe out humanity entirely or possibly leave humanity without enough of a population to allow reproduction without population implosion due to genetic issues. There would be enough knowledge capsules and more prepped to ensure that humanity would be able to recover to at least modern day era tech over a few centuries.

There's also the fact that a planet is BIG. Most people kind of fail to realize how big....

The end result of a situation like this would be more akin to Fallout than what Hasoyua wrote. Albeit with people that have powers that are basically magic. Oh wait, Fallout kind of has that too because the nuclear radiation there is basically magic... But anyway, there'd be more than enough people to preserve technology and also to reverse engineer things from the past.

Basically, Hasoyua fails to grasp the sheer scale of a modern humanity or how it works, much less magi-tech wielding humanity with a whole planet to work with. And that's before begging the question of... "Why aren't there any space colonies?" We know why we don't have any in the present day... but the tech presented in this game is so far beyond humanity's current tech that it's not even funny. It'd take some serious explanation as to why this humanity doesn't have a moon-base, or even a Mars base, or some long term asteroid exploitation facilities or something...

No matter how you look at it, the world building is all sorts of eh... Which I normally don't care TOO much about... except when they're trying to make it look like something I'm supposed to take seriously.

Reactions: Yukihirou

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
While I can accept that the story of Seraphy and Lilium could get distorted to some extent... especially since some details would likely have to be changed or kept hidden to try and keep people from getting stupid ideas... civilization regressing to that extent and not recovering is simply not possible without some REALLY extreme circumstances. After all, humanity, even our humanity, has been taking more and more steps to prevent just that sort of thing from happening even in the case of a Nuclear Apocalypse.

There are lots of contingencies to prevent such a thing from happening and while details of history would be lost... the events needed to blast humanity into literal stone-age with no ability to recover to at least Industrial age is more likely to wipe out humanity entirely or possibly leave humanity without enough of a population to allow reproduction without population implosion due to genetic issues. There would be enough knowledge capsules and more prepped to ensure that humanity would be able to recover to at least modern day era tech over a few centuries.

There's also the fact that a planet is BIG. Most people kind of fail to realize how big....

The end result of a situation like this would be more akin to Fallout than what Hasoyua wrote. Albeit with people that have powers that are basically magic. Oh wait, Fallout kind of has that too because the nuclear radiation there is basically magic... But anyway, there'd be more than enough people to preserve technology and also to reverse engineer things from the past.

Basically, Hasoyua fails to grasp the sheer scale of a modern humanity or how it works, much less magi-tech wielding humanity with a whole planet to work with. And that's before begging the question of... "Why aren't there any space colonies?" We know why we don't have any in the present day... but the tech presented in this game is so far beyond humanity's current tech that it's not even funny. It'd take some serious explanation as to why this humanity doesn't have a moon-base, or even a Mars base, or some long term asteroid exploitation facilities or something...

No matter how you look at it, the world building is all sorts of eh... Which I normally don't care TOO much about... except when they're trying to make it look like something I'm supposed to take seriously.
Hmm, true ... Well like i said before, i didn't play the game yet so i don't know all the details and the scale of things. Also, is it explicitly said that the world/planet inside the games are like our earth or not ?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Hmm, true ... Well like i said before, i didn't play the game yet so i don't know all the details and the scale of things. Also, is it explicitly said that the world/planet inside the games are like our earth or not ?
It's pretty heavily implied but they don't go into too many details. Hell, they don't even give any names for any countries/cities/a lot of stuff... Though it's hard to be sure how many details the AI TL mangled and I haven't had the chance to play Kagura's version just yet.

You don't get any scale on anything at all tbh... except the sizes of some things. Armies of giant Gundam-esque mechs are mentioned at one point... and that implies a pretty big society and surface area. You'd need massive production facilities to make that stuff, and need large areas to need them in the first place. Also notable is that the mechs weren't piloted, so the civilization(s?) involved had at least advanced VI capabilities if not outright AI.

You also see ruins of what look like modern-day cities at certain points... and lemme tell ya. Unless that stuff was literally blasted to dust, it'd take a lot more than a few centuries for it to disappear completely enough that humanity lost all idea of what kind of civilization they actually lived in... and the monsters didn't seem particularly inclined to just delete all traces of civilization. Just all traces of baseline humanity.

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
It's pretty heavily implied but they don't go into too many details. Hell, they don't even give any names for any countries/cities/a lot of stuff... Though it's hard to be sure how many details the AI TL mangled and I haven't had the chance to play Kagura's version just yet.

You don't get any scale on anything at all tbh... except the sizes of some things. Armies of giant Gundam-esque mechs are mentioned at one point... and that implies a pretty big society and surface area. You'd need massive production facilities to make that stuff, and need large areas to need them in the first place. Also notable is that the mechs weren't piloted, so the civilization(s?) involved had at least advanced VI capabilities if not outright AI.

You also see ruins of what look like modern-day cities at certain points... and lemme tell ya. Unless that stuff was literally blasted to dust, it'd take a lot more than a few centuries for it to disappear completely enough that humanity lost all idea of what kind of civilization they actually lived in... and the monsters didn't seem particularly inclined to just delete all traces of civilization. Just all traces of baseline humanity.
I see, with what you're saying i'm agreeing on the fact it would be damn hard to have this level of regression ... Well, good thing is i'm going to play the Kagura translated version right now and taking my time to read it all to not miss details. So we'll see how much the MTL's have mangled the story.

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019

So, i've just finished the game (Goddamit in hard and not grinding too much makes it so hard at the final boss it's absurd) and with that translation, a lot of stuff kinda makes sense. I'll let you discover but i'll do a lil tldr in spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've tried to not say too much so that you can see everything for yourself but sorry if i still said too much. Well, that's why i spoilered it too. But one thing i'll say is that to know more, talking at everyone at multiple points in the story helps a lot. There's 3 points where they have dialogues, first when starting, second when switching to Seraphi and final when you recover control of Lilium.

Also, you see the post in ci-en where it said that virtually Lilium is the strongest but physically it's Seraphi ? They're talking about the fact that in the virtual world, Lilium is indeed the strongest but in the real world, Seraphi is still stronger.

Last edited:

AbyssHeraldTaken

Jul 13, 2023
The game keep showing loading error Failed to load: Impact,Sound Design,Tone to Hit,Metallic,Tonal Accent Up,Metallic,Very Fast,Deep Hit,Metallic Accent,Forceful with %, 2, C in between

onore

Feb 15, 2020
So, i've just finished the game (Goddamit in hard and not grinding too much makes it so hard at the final boss it's absurd) and with that translation, a lot of stuff kinda makes sense. I'll let you discover but i'll do a lil tldr in spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've tried to not say too much so that you can see everything for yourself but sorry if i still said too much. Well, that's why i spoilered it too. But one thing i'll say is that to know more, talking at everyone at multiple points in the story helps a lot. There's 3 points where they have dialogues, first when starting, second when switching to Seraphi and final when you recover control of Lilium.

Also, you see the post in ci-en where it said that virtually Lilium is the strongest but physically it's Seraphi ? They're talking about the fact that in the virtual world, Lilium is indeed the strongest but in the real world, Seraphi is still stronger.
Honestly i can buy the regression of civilization. Its a trope done before in anime.
Not really related but i was looking at the artist's twitter. He drew sarah from the first game

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
Honestly i can buy the regression of civilization. Its a trope done before in anime.
Not really related but i was looking at the artist's twitter. He drew sarah from the first game
Also but it has to make some sense.

Damn, you can see how much his art changed there, comparing this Sarah from the Sarah in Seed of Evil and Wombraid Maze, impossible to not see

Dzeliora

Jun 3, 2020
Sooo... Is this a remake from the last one? The synopsis is kinda similiar tbh.
Or is this like a sequel or something?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Sooo... Is this a remake from the last one? The synopsis is kinda similiar tbh.
Or is this like a sequel or something?
All of Hasoyua's games are in the same universe, but they are not made in order. It is a prequel to the other games. Serafina is the last one, chronologically. This one is the first one but the most recent release.

Userz

Dec 28, 2017
Just finished a virgin run with 20 contamination, does this game have multiple endings and are they bad ends?

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
Just finished a virgin run with 20 contamination, does this game have multiple endings and are they bad ends?
Kinda ? There's bad ends where if you lose too much against some ennemies, you get transformed or other things happens to you. I think there's also one bad end where if you have too much contamination before a certain chapter, when reaching said chapter you have a bad end too.

Reactions: Userz

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Solid game but pretty easy even on hard mode.

I keep trying to find a scene gallery to check what scenes I've missed but can't find it anywhere. The only thing I got are two items in inventory. One is called Game Clear and First Run Hard Mode Clear. Other than having them I can't find any real use for them. Am I missing something? Do I have to go somewhere to trigger something?

EDIT: It's on the title screen :/
It seems I've only missed defeated scenes... Mfer, I never lose on purpose.

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes