Unity Theanthria [July 10 - Pre-Alpha] [Hectocacto]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Jason rex

May 9, 2024
anyone can help every time i talk to sara (red canine) and answer yes to the family question i can't click anything but game still running

Jason rex

May 9, 2024
anyone else gets rested progress from the red canine girl the one called sara?
also some if not all sex animations are bug AF

Last edited:

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Start game, "Load" isn't greyed out. Let's try that.
> Game softlocks in the loading screen, at 100%, after "loading" nothing, apparently

Ok, let's try again, new game:
* Character creation. Camera is fixed and you can only click the buttons on the right side to change how close it is to your face. As if this wasn't bad enough by itself, the close-up leaves your head very off-center.
* Several options, no way to navigate them with keyboard. Also, where a number or text could be shown to indicate which part you've picked, it's just a big empty space between the left and right buttons to click. Very bad UI design
* There's a significant difference between the body's skin tone and the face's.
* Hair color picker doesn't work. It's always white.

Finish, let's get to the game.
> 10fps begin
HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SLIDESHOW. Settings - video quality set to low, resolution to 1024x768
> Same framerate
Oooohhh, it's one of those. You know, those that have absolutely zero fucking clue how to set up game logic. Seriously, when changing graphics doesn't change FPS, the problem isn't graphics.
Also, why the fuck are there 2 options for each resolution? There's 1920x1080 twice, for instance.

Stepping outside your home, it's clear there's no LOD (Level of Detail) or Object Occlusion, everything is rendered everywhere at full all the time. Every half-brained decent game implements some sort of LOD because you don't need to show all 1 million triangles of an object that is 10 pixels tall and 1km away from the player. Object Occlusion is a bit trickier because you have to figure what is and is not on the screen before rendering.
- This problem is likely compounded by the existence of a mirror in the player's home. Most in-game mirrors will be limited to only actually mirror one room plus the player model. Here, it looks like it has the WHOLE fucking city being rendered. So, there's a very high possibility that when running the game, your computer is having to render the whole fucking city twice, because of ONE FUCKING MIRROR

Something I've learned is that you can press Right Mouse button to grab stuff in your home. I think you're supposed to put them back with Left mouse button, after choosing them from the ESC menu. I think because the times I did that, the items simply vanished, or probably got put under the floor. There's also a backpack/rocketbooster, which allows you to double jump and wall run

The game has some sort of delivery. I've accepted one, and the guiding arrow was as useful as asking directions to a passed out drunk. The arrow was literally dancing around and pointing to several different directions. I figured out the problem was that I was in 1st person view.

Oh, you can't quit the game from the pause menu. You have to alt-f4.
There's some key combination to zoom in-out of the map. I have no fucking clue what it is, but I know it exists because I've had the stupid map zoom out, then zoom in again sometime later.

Anyway, after fucking around and groaning more than a 90yo man trying to grab his wallet from the floor, I've found one of the furry gals. Then the text becomes the next enemy. Text shows up really, REALLY fucking slow, which is made worse by the 10fps gameplay.
You can click or press space to advance that fucking thing, but if you click too fast, you can end up picking an option before it even shows on the screen.
Speaking in 1st person will focus the camera on your character's front, "reset" view, which can be above the head of the girl you're talking.

Got to talk to a foxgirl, got her home. "Let's have sex!" 86% - "Sorry, I gotta go". Ok
Next, pink bird girl. Let's go home. "Let's have sex!" 92% - "Oh, I couldn't do that with you"
Is this X-COM?
Welp, got back to the foxgirl the next day, talked some more. One question that didn't come up the other time showed, "Are you family oriented" - I answer and... The game softlocks. Only input that works is M for the map.
* Reload game, find foxgirl again, question appears again. Answering softlocks again.

Since foxgirl decided she wasn't fucking me, I found dragon girl and finally managed to get some sex going. And to my surprise, the camera control is awful. At least it's a free flying camera, but it will reset position if you go too far, or if you go into specific places - I mean, once I got under the floor no problem, the other time, touching the floor reset the camera position. What the fucking fuck?
Oh, your dude will also always try to face the camera, instead of the girl. Make of that what you will.

After a while, got a different bird girl home and we got to fuck. Lotus 3, whose animation is a bit misaligned
1719274906169.png
Also found out that touching a character with the free flying camera will reset its position. Oh, another fun thing about the camera, it has infinite acceleration. Even if the position resets, if you hold any movement key, or Q/E for up/down, it will continue gaining speed and showing you just a bit further in that direction each reset. Great design /sarcasm

Lastly, if you ever think you've softlocked yourself during a fuck, go into 1st person mode and aim at the girl. I thought I had soflocked myself, but it turns out my 1st person aim was off from her. Silly me, that was so obvious! /sarcasm

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Start game, "Load" isn't greyed out. Let's try that.
> Game softlocks in the loading screen, at 100%, after "loading" nothing, apparently

Ok, let's try again, new game:
* Character creation. Camera is fixed and you can only click the buttons on the right side to change how close it is to your face. As if this wasn't bad enough by itself, the close-up leaves your head very off-center.
* Several options, no way to navigate them with keyboard. Also, where a number or text could be shown to indicate which part you've picked, it's just a big empty space between the left and right buttons to click. Very bad UI design
* There's a significant difference between the body's skin tone and the face's.
* Hair color picker doesn't work. It's always white.

Finish, let's get to the game.
> 10fps begin
HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SLIDESHOW. Settings - video quality set to low, resolution to 1024x768
> Same framerate
Oooohhh, it's one of those. You know, those that have absolutely zero fucking clue how to set up game logic. Seriously, when changing graphics doesn't change FPS, the problem isn't graphics.
Also, why the fuck are there 2 options for each resolution? There's 1920x1080 twice, for instance.

Stepping outside your home, it's clear there's no LOD (Level of Detail) or Object Occlusion, everything is rendered everywhere at full all the time. Every half-brained decent game implements some sort of LOD because you don't need to show all 1 million triangles of an object that is 10 pixels tall and 1km away from the player. Object Occlusion is a bit trickier because you have to figure what is and is not on the screen before rendering.
- This problem is likely compounded by the existence of a mirror in the player's home. Most in-game mirrors will be limited to only actually mirror one room plus the player model. Here, it looks like it has the WHOLE fucking city being rendered. So, there's a very high possibility that when running the game, your computer is having to render the whole fucking city twice, because of ONE FUCKING MIRROR

Something I've learned is that you can press Right Mouse button to grab stuff in your home. I think you're supposed to put them back with Left mouse button, after choosing them from the ESC menu. I think because the times I did that, the items simply vanished, or probably got put under the floor. There's also a backpack/rocketbooster, which allows you to double jump and wall run

The game has some sort of delivery. I've accepted one, and the guiding arrow was as useful as asking directions to a passed out drunk. The arrow was literally dancing around and pointing to several different directions. I figured out the problem was that I was in 1st person view.

Oh, you can't quit the game from the pause menu. You have to alt-f4.
There's some key combination to zoom in-out of the map. I have no fucking clue what it is, but I know it exists because I've had the stupid map zoom out, then zoom in again sometime later.

Anyway, after fucking around and groaning more than a 90yo man trying to grab his wallet from the floor, I've found one of the furry gals. Then the text becomes the next enemy. Text shows up really, REALLY fucking slow, which is made worse by the 10fps gameplay.
You can click or press space to advance that fucking thing, but if you click too fast, you can end up picking an option before it even shows on the screen.
Speaking in 1st person will focus the camera on your character's front, "reset" view, which can be above the head of the girl you're talking.

Got to talk to a foxgirl, got her home. "Let's have sex!" 86% - "Sorry, I gotta go". Ok
Next, pink bird girl. Let's go home. "Let's have sex!" 92% - "Oh, I couldn't do that with you"
Is this X-COM?
Welp, got back to the foxgirl the next day, talked some more. One question that didn't come up the other time showed, "Are you family oriented" - I answer and... The game softlocks. Only input that works is M for the map.
* Reload game, find foxgirl again, question appears again. Answering softlocks again.

Since foxgirl decided she wasn't fucking me, I found dragon girl and finally managed to get some sex going. And to my surprise, the camera control is awful. At least it's a free flying camera, but it will reset position if you go too far, or if you go into specific places - I mean, once I got under the floor no problem, the other time, touching the floor reset the camera position. What the fucking fuck?
Oh, your dude will also always try to face the camera, instead of the girl. Make of that what you will.

After a while, got a different bird girl home and we got to fuck. Lotus 3, whose animation is a bit misaligned
View attachment 3767331
Also found out that touching a character with the free flying camera will reset its position. Oh, another fun thing about the camera, it has infinite acceleration. Even if the position resets, if you hold any movement key, or Q/E for up/down, it will continue gaining speed and showing you just a bit further in that direction each reset. Great design /sarcasm

Lastly, if you ever think you've softlocked yourself during a fuck, go into 1st person mode and aim at the girl. I thought I had soflocked myself, but it turns out my 1st person aim was off from her. Silly me, that was so obvious! /sarcasm
Quite a detailed post. I can agree with lof of things.. Some problems are simply early development bugs, inconveniences...some makes no sense. However, it is true that in older builds there were no character soflocks, the map had a better impression/aesthetics, it was easier to navigate and overall it was better for a dating sim. The dev supposedly removed it because there were many places to get stuck (however, the game includes a "teleport to home" option, so I don't see the problem). Changing the map to a generic city is definitely a fail from a technical, aesthetic and gameplay point of view.
But you are wrong about something. Like quit...You have to choose Settings - Quit...makes no sense, but it's there!

Last edited:

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
Ok after reading I comment I found the anthro customizer, though it's a little disappointing you can't change their bust or ass size, you can change their species and clothes and personality. Also I would REALLY love it if they actually had colored nipples and maybe fixed the positions. Also yeah, I prefer the older map, though maybe they could just have the option to choose between maps, that or REALLY cut down on the city size because it is WAY too big, even with the jump pack.

TLDR: My wishlist for future fixes/features is let us customize bust size at least, have colored nipples maybe add customization for that as well, and give us an option to choose which map if they still want to keep the city, if not, go back to the old map please, much more appealing

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
After playing some more, I've finally got the hang of the jetpack/hookshot movement and now I get why the dev decided to make a whole ass city just to play around with it. Too bad the city is such a mess and it's stupid easy to go face first into buildings' walls. Not to mention that sometimes the hookshot will bug out and try to pull you back elsewhere, so you have to turn the jetpack off/on to move correctly again.

Basically, the "right" way to shoot and sling around is to go into 1st person mode, hold down Shift at all times and tap either Q or E while in air, never hold either button. This will give you a HUGE speed boost and, if you time a wall jump right, will keep momentum going. The lack of a visual cue to whether the floor or wall you're aiming at is within range means you'll be guessing all the damn time

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And conversation softlocks still not fixed.:rolleyes:

----------------------------------------

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
1.50 star(s) 2 Votes