VN Ren'Py Completed These nights in Cairo [Final] [Salamandra88]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
Okay. Tagged said lesbian. People claiming is not lesbian overall. My question is, the game is overall normal or mainly lesbian content? I mean I dont mind 1 lesbian scene or 2. But if lesbian > all, then nvm.
There's nothing lesbo about this game until you meet a certain woman which you can flirt with, which leads to her romance path. If you don't do that, you won't have to worry about any lesbian crap shoved in your face. It's not that kind of game.

Also, it's not really an XXX game, so the "scenes" are just kissing scenes with a bit of nudity that only happen once or twice.

That's not how tags work. If there is any lesbian content, it gets a lesbian tag. That's doesn't mean there's only lesbian content. Do you think if something has an anal sex tag that all sex in the game is up the butt?
Like I said, this sounds like the tags aren't doing their job and only cause more confusion. There are other posters confused about the lesbian thing, which I clarified above. This happened BECAUSE of the lesbian tag, so it did more harm than good.

Reactions: GitinGud and jezzoo

jezzoo

May 12, 2020
Like I said, this sounds like the tags aren't doing their job and only cause more confusion. There are other posters confused about the lesbian thing, which I clarified above. This happened BECAUSE of the lesbian tag, so it did more harm than good.
Agreed. The tags as they are now, to me, suggest pure lesbian content. Other systems use tags like MxF, FxF, etc. listing all applicable. Is there MxF? Dunno, the tags never say.

The tags also fail to describe how much sex there is overall, or how hardcore it is. If I sink hours into a game, I'd like to know that all I get to see is a few nipples. But I see how this would be difficult (and subjective) to tag.

Edit: after checking out the screenshots it seems you don't even get to see nipples. Not sure how explicit the text gets, but I'd say that might even qualify the game for a NoSex tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: GitinGud

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Most, above the 70% mark probably, of the games with this genre are male protag. Especially when you mention monster girls, there's like ONE good monster girl game with a female lead, everything else is male protagonist. Either you have a very selective perception or you are very, VERY new to all of this.
No clue why you are making this about the gender of the protagonist,making it seem like Im against female protragonists in general(which is absolute nonsense).
I simply lamented the female protagonist in this very case since it runs contra to the specific 30´s/40´s pulp adventure genre incarnation that Indiana Jones is alligned with and which I find such an interesting idea.
Though hey maybe Im really too new to this,want to point me towards all those games set in that specific genre?
I mean there must be huge swaths of Quartermain inspired eroge that I seemingly missed in the last...what?25 years?at least thats the timeframe my boxed Knights of Xentar copy gives me.

As for the two facepalm reactions,maybe strike up a conversation instead?

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I simply lamented the female protagonist in this very case since it runs contra to the specific 30´s/40´s pulp adventure genre incarnation that Indiana Jones is alligned with and which I find such an interesting idea.
Dresscode pings pre-Great War period though, not interwar. This seems to hark back to the older Victorian "colonial romance" literature rather than the later "classic" pulp era.

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Dresscode pings pre-Great War period though, not interwar. This seems to hark back to the older Victorian "colonial romance" literature rather than the later "classic" pulp era.
That is actually a good point,would make more sense for the Otome approach as well(though not sure how well that mashes with the seemingly supernatural plot points...alas maybe thats just the preview pics giving false impressions).

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
That is actually a good point,would make more sense for the Otome approach as well(though not sure how well that mashes with the seemingly supernatural plot points...alas maybe thats just the preview pics giving false impressions).
Reminder that the 1800s gave us pretty much the entire "Gothic" genre with explicitly supernatural stuff like vampires (Carmilla from 1872 was essentially the Trope Codifier for Lesbian Vampire for ex, and Stoker wrote Dracula in 1897), ghosts and whatnots plus proto-scifi like Frankenstein (1818!) and basically anything Jules Verne touched... and H. Rider Haggard (of Allan Quatermain fame) put out She, a perennial classic of out-and-out supernatural colonial adventure, in 1886-1887 (initially as magazine serialisation, then compiled into a novel as was common at the time - his first Quatermain story came out in 1885 for comparison).

sharpys

May 21, 2017
Ripped out the archive and took a look:

Only 1 lesbian scene with Sotis, and she's not a love interest. About 1 or 2 erotic (emphasis on erotic, not sexual) CG scenes per male love interest illustrated with so much words that implies rather than be explicit in sex scenes. In fact, there's barely an explicit descriptions of sex acts and ventures more into your standard erotic word play.

This is something you'd find in your local Amazon bargain smut bin because it's that boring.

x~Minchen~x

Feb 26, 2019
So the other female character is not a love interest? Meh...art looked good and the setting is interesting enough. Why do these kind of games always have some big flaw.

Reactions: damnedfrog and hr17

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
I just started playing the game, but I would just like to say that the os of only Windows is not correct. I mean it is trivial to get a Renpy game running on Linux even if the developer does not package it for the system, but this one actually includes all of the necessary files and all you need to do is to fix the permissions. I did not test it for Mac but it seems it will be the same.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote