VN Ren'Py Completed These nights in Cairo [Final] [Salamandra88]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Reminder that the 1800s gave us pretty much the entire "Gothic" genre with explicitly supernatural stuff like vampires (Carmilla from 1872 was essentially the Trope Codifier for Lesbian Vampire for ex, and Stoker wrote Dracula in 1897), ghosts and whatnots plus proto-scifi like Frankenstein (1818!) and basically anything Jules Verne touched... and H. Rider Haggard (of Allan Quatermain fame) put out She, a perennial classic of out-and-out supernatural colonial adventure, in 1886-1887 (initially as magazine serialisation, then compiled into a novel as was common at the time - his first Quatermain story came out in 1885 for comparison).
Absolutely true but not exactly what one thinks of when seeing a victorian era Otome,is it(but maybe thats just me since even the initial gothic genre was well known for incorporating romance at times,kinda hard to decouple myself from the Jane Austin Juggernaut when it comes to romance in that era though)?
Now Im actually kinda curious what genre the games´s author had in mind.

Also thanks for reminding me of She,never actually got around to read that despite attempting multiple times(and subsequently life disagreeing heh).
Guess the current circumstances are as good a times as any.

enkesnart

Aug 3, 2019
Yeah, the tag system needs an update, because this isn't lesbian. You can get one (avoidable) scene where MC has sex with Sotis as a favor, not out of romance or thirst or whatever, and you can't even end up with Sotis.

• Sad
Reactions: GokutheG and hr17

Sylvaria

Jan 20, 2019
The story quite good, but honestly it's a bit confusing for options. Do anyone have walkthrough or some guide?

Jan 28, 2019
art looks great. Premise is interesting. Fem-protag games that aren't based on rape seem few and far between, so I'm eager to play one that seems good.

Off topic, but... what the hell is up with the lesbian hate?
I mean, I get if female gamers want to play a game, and they're straight, they might wish to avoid lesbian content instead of see forced lesbian scenes, but you'd think straight, and even bi guys would want a lesbian option.
I mean... the fantasy of being a woman and sleeping with another woman... I thought that was something almost all we men dreamed about. And we're seeing people treat a lesbian tag and a single screenshot of a lesbian scene as if there is forced NTR or watersports in the game.
Where did this disgust for lesbian content come from? Sure, to each their own, but I'm genuinely confused here.

Either way, rant done. OP, if I can, I'll play through the whole thing tonight. 300mb is an easy download. I'll leave a review when I'm done!

Jan 28, 2019
hmm... bug report?
Early in the game (so early I am unworried about spoilers) while thinking about Duncan, I get the line "Hmm... Still, it's good that I told Duncan about the bedouin's warning."

I did not. I'm opting to play as not trusting Duncan. I'm unsure if this is just a text error, or if the game thinks I did tell him. And I'm unsure if telling him or not will have an effect in the story.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
why is zippyshare still used? I have to click download 8-10 times, while closing pop ups before the download will actually download

Reactions: Dyhart

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
First: I don't appreciate having to play through the game once to be able to date the obvious best love interest; please, games, can we grow out of the "follow the LI routes in my intended order, skipping through the scenes over and over again, until you get the last 10% of the game with the character you actually came here for" play? I hate playing games over and over again, just to unlock the guy and/or ending I want, don't you people know what spoilers are? Playing a game again isn't as exciting as it was the first time around, so forcing players to keep restarting to get the satisfied ending turns into gamer grinding torture. Please stop this Hell, for any lurking developers; "P.S., I don't like your game that much, I came for the one sexy man, and nothing or no one else, I do not want to play it over and over again; if you have any shred of humanity in you, and are not a complete psychopath, release the best ending with your best character on first play through, please, your shitty writing will not save you. Sincerely, A Very Fed Up Otome Lover."

Alright, secondly: The game is a'ight, I came because I had a pretty good time with The Heiress Of Sorcery. I don't like or understand why I had to play as an unnameable character, so that the people in this game can call me seven different versions of "Margaret", but I digress, I already have to settle for being some pale redhaired bird in the game of my own people, but whatever, that's life, I guess; I'll just imagine everything is how I want it. I didn't finish the game, yet, as I came to rant for having to finish the game with a platonic end, scratching my head at why the walkthrough for snagging Ramessu wasn't working, but I digress, read above if you want to know how I feel about that. I will say, this second play through is proven to have lost the charm from when I first played it, so, right now I'm reading everything annoyed, even though I'm back on track to dating Ramessu, so, I guess, heads up for anyone who wanna; first you have to finish the game with a good ending, I assume? (I died once, but the option didn't unlock until I got the "double friendzone" good ending, and I didn't date either of the other guys).

I'm pretty pissed.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote