Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
The story seems to be heading into its finale. It seems like we will be going through side quests to develop every side characters story and get help for the final charge. Jewel's story looks like it's done, next they're gonna do rida. Then idk. But it does look like it'll finish up soon.

I do wish they didn't shoehorn in another route. It looks like they're losing motivation with how terrible the street whore ending was, and idk if they should be trying to add more side content instead of finishing things up.

Reactions: 6jbo6

vx1900

Jan 17, 2020
I've played like a thousand different games over my life and although rare, i still come across a certain thing every now and then that always stumps me due to a lack of technical knowledge. Why do some games freeze every time you try to close them? Like this game, no matter how long i leave it, the only way to close it is forcibly through task manager. Why? I'm not a coder but 'end program' does not seem like a challenging thing to code for.
Laziness. As a small dev myself, there's no excuse for this shit. Some bugs will sneak up on you because you're one person without a QA team, so even if you playtest a lot, people are going to do things you don't expect, find stuff you don't expect etc. They report, you patch, no problem. But if you're playing your own game at all, "Doesn't close smoothly" isn't something you miss. You notice it, you take a look back at your code and google the problem because it's a good chance other devs have run into it, and you fix it. Occassionally the framework you're using just sucks and there's nothing you can do, but in that case you communicate that to your users. And in this case, I highly doubt Unity is so broken it can't close without hanging. Devs broke something, and they need to fix it.

All they basically showed off was that they're replacing the Klaus scenes which had placeholder art with brand new art.

No release date for the new update or anything but it should be sometime this month.
The mismanagement on this project is wild. I get it, making games is hard. Running a Patreon and managing a fanbase is hard. But the project is being absolutely devoured by at this point. Stop redoing scenes. Stop adding extra shit. Stop WORKING ON TWO OTHER GAMES when this one isn't even done. Finish what you already have! Making games is hard, but this isn't the hard stuff. Stop getting distracted by shiny shit and do your damn job.

I'd say take a break for a month or so if it's burnout, but I think they've done that and it didn't help much. As things are now, they barely make progress at all, and when they do it's...lackluster to say the least. If things keep going this way, as others have said, this thing is probably dead before long.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Stop adding extra shit. Stop WORKING ON TWO OTHER GAMES when this one isn't even done.
I generally agree on the rest of your post, but I have to ask. What are the 2 other games they're working on? AFAIK they have 1 other game that was a short project finished as a game jam and 2 short side games from Third Crisis, also finished that just seemed to be test beds for the animation systemt hey put in the main game.

Canvasofblue

Jun 4, 2020
I generally agree on the rest of your post, but I have to ask. What are the 2 other games they're working on? AFAIK they have 1 other game that was a short project finished as a game jam and 2 short side games from Third Crisis, also finished that just seemed to be test beds for the animation systemt hey put in the main game.
Rosas are Red and Project Next: a 3d game about an elf mercenary who can turn into a succubus and back again. Standard High Fantasy with a "no sex only purity" inquisition like group.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Rosas are Red was done and completed in 2017, I'm sure it doesn't weigh too much in their current schedule

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Rosas are Red and Project Next: a 3d game about an elf mercenary who can turn into a succubus and back again. Standard High Fantasy with a "no sex only purity" inquisition like group.
Ok, didn't know they were doing a revamp of Rosa, and from the fairly quick look over of their public site and patreon front page I didn't see anything about Project Next. Both of those seem to be hidden inside their private posts.

Nexano

Aug 1, 2018
Hm... agree with wut? Free access version of this unfinished game have about 15x times more content then any current ongoing project, placed behind paywall.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hm... agree with wut? Free access version of this unfinished game have about 15x times more content then any current ongoing project, placed behind paywall.
Well, the simple fact that the development of this game has really slowed down a lot in the last year or so. IIRC, there was a decent amount of content per update early on, and the updates came around fairly frequently at 1-2 months between updates.

Currently, it's far longer between updates with less overall content in those updates.

There are various bugs that really shouldn't make it into a release of your project, and would be caught with any amount of testing. For several updates a while ago there was a constant bug where combat would freeze, forcing you to manually close the game through task manager. This was when combat was in the updates, so any test of that combat should have caught that bug. That's just one example from this game.

Also, that the content has kinda bloated in that it's not focused on actually advancing the main storyline, but on the minor branching paths and revamping (the art mainly) old scenes.

Last thing, just because a project has more content (debatable, since there are MANY fully free or on the same delayed free release schedule with as much or more content) doesn't mean that you can't compare projects. Especially when you compare against the same project / developer early on vs now. The post I was agreeing with was all about the issues with the development (bugs and bloat), not the main content of the game.

Reactions: aquelenamariboshi

Nexano

Aug 1, 2018
Well, the simple fact that the development of this game has really slowed down a lot in the last year or so. IIRC, there was a decent amount of content per update early on, and the updates came around fairly frequently at 1-2 months between updates.

Currently, it's far longer between updates with less overall content in those updates.

There are various bugs that really shouldn't make it into a release of your project, and would be caught with any amount of testing. For several updates a while ago there was a constant bug where combat would freeze, forcing you to manually close the game through task manager. This was when combat was in the updates, so any test of that combat should have caught that bug. That's just one example from this game.

Also, that the content has kinda bloated in that it's not focused on actually advancing the main storyline, but on the minor branching paths and revamping (the art mainly) old scenes.

Last thing, just because a project has more content (debatable, since there are MANY fully free or on the same delayed free release schedule with as much or more content) doesn't mean that you can't compare projects. Especially when you compare against the same project / developer early on vs now. The post I was agreeing with was all about the issues with the development (bugs and bloat), not the main content of the game.
Good point. I get you now. Still old scenes reworking is important otherwise game will be looking half baked. Havent seen any bugs in game at all but probably i'm playing too casually to find them. And about content volume - wanna see some examples. (In same genre with Fprotag corruption etc).

4.50 star(s) 107 Votes