Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
"making things difficult" actually just describes the coding dance I've had to write for the changes in the new gallery choices. Invoking them in SanchoGallery while not unlocking the OEM gallery scenes was one helluva coding effort tbh.
1668543285657.png
I'm debating on the most efficient way to handle the alternate menu choices in-game. I've three ways to skin this cat efficiently (the way it was done by the dev is rather crude and non-efficient) but need to settle on the most "future proof" variant. I might wait until tonight with a glass or two of whiskey to properly sort the brain-twister that is now before me.

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Here's just another of many reasons that folks can't help but keep this VN popular (I'll place in spoilers out of respect even though they aren't really "spoilers" per se):

Day 23 - Renee explains why she's saving herself so it'll be "special" leading to the 2nd choice of the day
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Day 23 - Same scene, 5th choice.... BAM!!!

So much for wanting to take things "slow". :ROFLMAO::p

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I think I've sorted all 9 menu choice variants including those specifically in-game and the alternates in gallery mode. A quick example showing choice missed requirements:
1668560281393.png 1668560316609.png

If I can finish the update soon now that I've sorted the newest dev coding I'll go ahead and push it out so Patreons will have access until the SE version drops public.

monkeyposter_7 If I don't forget, when I'm done with the mod update I'll send you a private post with a coding variant that will greatly simply and consolidate all the 9 menu choice screens you now have (main plus the 8 styled-variants). If you had not already coded it across the entire VN I'd give a way simpler way to change styles on the fly but that's not practical now... but I still reduced the coding (on my end) to greatly minimize the screen structure and make it more efficient. I'll give you a deep-dive in a private post to explain in detail how to properly do what you are trying to achieve. Don't take it the wrong way though, you are improving greatly in your code you just stumped your toe a bit but now is the time to push it to the next level...imho. I'll be in touch soon bud.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
devs break sancho fixes and devs copy sancho's fixes to game.
To be fair to the dev he didn't break anything but rather used one of the most inefficient ways to achieve the goal in mind. Me saying that doesn't make the coding method that was used wrong but rather unorthodox...like something that was found and modified from LemmaSoft or StackOverflow. It's the process of learning anything though, I've fucked up more shit than I could ever count in my day :ROFLMAO:

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
To be fair to the dev he didn't break anything but rather used one of the most inefficient ways to achieve the goal in mind. Me saying that doesn't make the coding method that was used wrong but rather unorthodox...like something that was found and modified from LemmaSoft or StackOverflow. It's the process of learning anything though, I've fucked up more shit than I could ever count in my day :ROFLMAO:
This is, like, the exact opposite of “I’ve forgotten more than you’ll ever know” and I’m absolutely here for it
7DAFEFE5-80D9-4FEE-AEAB-34FE6F8FBBF4.gif

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
monkeyposter_7 Hey bud, would you have any problem of me releasing S3E23SE update of SanchoMod today? I ask since your Patreons would technically be the only ones who could even use it until the VN update drops "public". I'm not and never have been a supplier, and this certainly isn't a "supply" by any stretch but thought it courteous to ask beforehand. I'd be keeping S3E22SE on the mod page for others in the meantime. Regards.

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
monkeyposter_7 Hey bud, would you have any problem of me releasing S3E23SE update of SanchoMod today? I ask since your Patreons would technically be the only ones who could even use it until the VN update drops "public". I'm not and never have been a supplier, and this certainly isn't a "supply" by any stretch but thought it courteous to ask beforehand. I'd be keeping S3E22SE on the mod page for others in the meantime. Regards.
no need to ask me lol it's your mod my man, do whatever you like

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020

I'm gonna read the story from those scripts
tenor.gif

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Thirsty For My Guest - MultiMod Edition (Season 3 E23SE)
TFMG_SM_Cover.jpg

Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
schematics. :p

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Thirsty for My Guest [S3 Ep. 23 SE] [monkeyposter_7] crunched

Info: I recommend using SanchoMod.

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 8,15 GB / 1,62 GB - TFMG-Episode-23-SE-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 8,12 GB / 1,59 GB - TFMG-Episode-23-SE-mac-crunched.zip

Compressed Size Update¹: 349 MB - TFMG-Episode-22.5-to-23-SE-Update-crunched.7z
Compressed Size Update²: 331 MB - TFMG-Episode-22-SE-to-23-SE-Update-crunched.7z
= ~19,88% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/60%

Download (PC*/Mac/Updates): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux
¹for use with S3 Ep. 22.5 crunched
(Update also includes old SE content)
²for use with S3 Ep. 22 SE crunched

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Folks, I know inflation and abnormal IRL issues of late have a lot of folks in more of a bind lately, but if you have spare change then consider dropping it into the tip can of this dev rather than spending $20 on a Starbuckshit coffee. Not only does this VN have some of the best animated renders on this entire site but I feel the dev is completely down to actual Earth like you and me. The attitude he's constantly implied is that of one who is in this endeavor purely from passion and not greed. I personally value that (and you folks know I despise the typical monetary system that's reminiscent of the cancer only outdone by the great "social media" experiment). I'm not trying to be a "fanboy" but I must concede that replies like the one above show honest and true colors... they are the colors I personally value and support. You do you but that's my two cents for whatever it's worth. Regards as always.

3.50 star(s) 100 Votes