Ren'Py Abandoned Thorns & Thrones: The Legend of Randall [v0.1 Prologue] [Ichaya Games]

zhoope

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
First thought: "Wow, a turn-based strategy ero-RPG! Looks interesting!"
Second thought: "Wait... in Ren'Py...? Oh no..."
Don't worry renpy is juts the engine, but it is a far away to look likes a visual novel right now i working in random events and fetish options

if you’re willing to give a try in the demo in april you won’t be disappointed <3

Reactions: maxx mad

maxx mad

Feb 15, 2018
its basically city management with rpg in a isometric view
Interesting, is it party based? I can only see one protagonist from the combat screenshoot.
Well, let's wait for april's release.
How did you manage to do this in Ren'PY?

Reactions: zhoope

zhoope

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Interesting, is it party based? I can only see one protagonist from the combat screenshoot.
Well, let's wait for april's release.
How did you manage to do this in Ren'PY?
i'm still writing the battle mechanics but it's something like this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is still a long way to go to finish this, and there's a lot more code than I can copy here
and yes it's party based

ps: code above its to inventory, clothing system and battle system its hard to explain but works fine until now

zhoope

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
it’s very difficult to balance the community’s desire so I spent the last week developing a "fetish options",
Thus you’ll JUST see what you want

I know this will not resolve the eternal fight between lovers of ntr and those who hate it

but I believe there is a way to appease the situation a little by pleasing both sides.

As i said earlier i want to build this game together with the community but sometimes there is a stalemate and i have to balance the measures.

Note: The current fetish hud does not reflect in the final Hud

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
it’s very difficult to balance the community’s desire so I spent the last week developing a "fetish options",
Thus you’ll JUST see what you want

I know this will not resolve the eternal fight between lovers of ntr and those who hate it

but I believe there is a way to appease the situation a little by pleasing both sides.

As i said earlier i want to build this game together with the community but sometimes there is a stalemate and i have to balance the measures.

Note: The current fetish hud does not reflect in the final Hud
The thing is, you can't please everyone, if you indulge a certain minority too much, you risk to lose everyone else.
Figure out what audience you have and what audience you want to have and generally stick with them.

TankHunter678

Mar 14, 2018
Well if you are going to do NTR I would prefer to see Netori which is being the one doing the stealing. It would fit in with the main character being royalty walking a path of corruption and turning into a sex demon. It is also the type of NTR that would get the least backlash. It also combos with other fetishes like mind control/hypnosis.

zhoope

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Well if you are going to do NTR I would prefer to see Netori which is being the one doing the stealing. It would fit in with the main character being royalty walking a path of corruption and turning into a sex demon. It is also the type of NTR that would get the least backlash. It also combos with other fetishes like mind control/hypnosis.

i think I wrote in a very unclear way what I wanted to say and for that, I apologize.
the game will not be mainly NTR! there is no main fetish.
but if the community wants to have ntr or netori, I am not opposed to writing a path.
now looks better

about mind control/hypnosis. I just forgot :ROFLMAO: I will add it to the list.

TankHunter678

Mar 14, 2018
i think I wrote in a very unclear way what I wanted to say and for that, I apologize.
the game will not be mainly NTR! there is no main fetish.
but if the community wants to have ntr or netori, I am not opposed to writing a path.
now looks better

about mind control/hypnosis. I just forgot :ROFLMAO: I will add it to the list.
There was no confusion on my end, you had already made it clear that this was going to be a game with community input where one can customize their experience. That was why I had gone "well if you are" and followed through with listing the type I would like to see.

Really though based on the premise of the story itself I would say there are some core fetishes, the main one being corruption. The main character may mean to save his kingdom but that does not change the fact he has the heart of a sex demon in him, the soul of the sex demon possessing his body, and is going to become able to draw upon sex demon powers which is typically corruption, mind control, and body modification aside from stock standard magic.

In an all power corrupts kind of way he would be drawn into a whirlwind of sex and lust from the temptation of using such powers on others. Riding through a village on the way back from a battle, spotting the "village flower" a beautiful girl the likes of which stimulates his enhanced libido and growing incubus instincts forcing him to choose between his morals and his instincts that demand him to take her, to claim her, to breed her, to make that flower bloom lewdly and add her to his collection back at the castle be it under the guise of being a maid or openly as a concubine to serve his growing voracious sexual appetite.

Whether or not that village flower already had someone she loved or if it is brought up at all vs being left vague would be something determined by if you got the NTR tag turned on.

Though let me explain something, NTR is sorta like an over-type that covers 3 sub types: NeToRare, NeToRase, and NeToRi.

Netorare being the obvious girl gets stolen from you, Netorase is you like seeing others fuck your girl (the female equivalent being cuckquean, the girl likes seeing you fuck other girls), and Netori is you like being the one stealing the girls.

One thing you can do to help people who generally do not like Netorare is to put in the capability to Netori back the girl that gets stolen.

Example would be: you lost a battle (your characters fall back) and one of your love interests gets captured, over the next x days she steadily gets fucked by an enemy commander until she gets corrupted and turned into a succubus/slave too busy drowning in sex to care about you (which is where most netorare would stop, she would only ever be an enemy character) but if your sex skill stat is high enough you can defeat her in combat, capture her, and then fuck her into submission to swap back to your side.

• Red Heart
Reactions: zhoope

zhoope

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
There was no confusion on my end, you had already made it clear that this was going to be a game with community input where one can customize their experience. That was why I had gone "well if you are" and followed through with listing the type I would like to see.

Really though based on the premise of the story itself I would say there are some core fetishes, the main one being corruption. The main character may mean to save his kingdom but that does not change the fact he has the heart of a sex demon in him, the soul of the sex demon possessing his body, and is going to become able to draw upon sex demon powers which is typically corruption, mind control, and body modification aside from stock standard magic.

In an all power corrupts kind of way he would be drawn into a whirlwind of sex and lust from the temptation of using such powers on others. Riding through a village on the way back from a battle, spotting the "village flower" a beautiful girl the likes of which stimulates his enhanced libido and growing incubus instincts forcing him to choose between his morals and his instincts that demand him to take her, to claim her, to breed her, to make that flower bloom lewdly and add her to his collection back at the castle be it under the guise of being a maid or openly as a concubine to serve his growing voracious sexual appetite.

Whether or not that village flower already had someone she loved or if it is brought up at all vs being left vague would be something determined by if you got the NTR tag turned on.

Though let me explain something, NTR is sorta like an over-type that covers 3 sub types: NeToRare, NeToRase, and NeToRi.

Netorare being the obvious girl gets stolen from you, Netorase is you like seeing others fuck your girl (the female equivalent being cuckquean, the girl likes seeing you fuck other girls), and Netori is you like being the one stealing the girls.

One thing you can do to help people who generally do not like Netorare is to put in the capability to Netori back the girl that gets stolen.

Example would be: you lost a battle (your characters fall back) and one of your love interests gets captured, over the next x days she steadily gets fucked by an enemy commander until she gets corrupted and turned into a succubus/slave too busy drowning in sex to care about you (which is where most netorare would stop, she would only ever be an enemy character) but if your sex skill stat is high enough you can defeat her in combat, capture her, and then fuck her into submission to swap back to your side.
I don't even know what to say. This was one of the best feedback I ever had very enlightening thanks for taking the time and effort to help with my project.

And you’re right I didn’t realize the existence of the main fetish which in this case is corruption.

About the "ntr" I will divide it as you explain it to me and apply it correctly.

REALLY REALLY Thanks for the feedback I'm happy to see some people engaged in the game, This motivates me a lot to continue.

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
Ah, the game looked promising, if rather rough.
But it is definetly abondoned, sicne the patreon is gone as well.

I get the feeling many prospective devs start with a game idea, make a patreon and than expect it to hit off immediately.
Thus disappointing them when the first numbers are low.

...I hope it is that and nothing overly bad happened to him/her..
Still, kinda disapointed to see the game gone.. ^^'