souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
i hope so, but in 2 years for 50% progress based 0.5 ver right now, i dont think so he will complete the game this year.
If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone think a version number is an indication of a percentage complete, I'd have a decent amount more money.

Version numbers have no standardization, and most often have nothing to do with the length of time a game has been in development or how much time is left before completion. You can have a game go from version 0.6 to a v 1.0 release, or it could go from 0.9 to 0.10. Most of the time a version number is NOT a decimal, the period is simply separating the parts. In the most common type of version numbering the first section is usually a 0 or 1, to indicate either a prerelease or post release version. Then there's a period, followed by a number to indicate a major update, which can last literally hundreds of versions depending on the developer and project. Then there's often a third section with a period and another number or (less commonly) a letter, which indicates a bugfix / minor update.

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
It's as if we almost could choose arbitrary numbers to brand anything we want in any way we want. What a wild concept.

Would be fun as fuck to se a dev release a version 0.00462, and then the next one be negative Pi or some shit, just for the giggles.

Reactions: tealblue

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
It's as if we almost could choose arbitrary numbers to brand anything we want in any way we want. What a wild concept.

Would be fun as fuck to se a dev release a version 0.00462, and then the next one be negative Pi or some shit, just for the giggles.
Well, most developers are internally consistent with how they do version numbers. Different developers often have different standards of how they do version numbering.

For example, here's a short list of several type of version numbering:

1: Version 120345 A simple increasing number, with each build incrementing the number by 1.

2: Version 0.12.123 What I described in the previous post, where the periods separate the individual parts of the number increment individually

3: Version 20240524 Literally just the date that the version is released in year month day format.

throwxdhuab

Jul 13, 2021
for some reason most of my save folders just bring me back to the start of the game when i copy them back, anyone have this issue? i was using the cheat menu mod if it makes a difference

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes