thekill

Dec 9, 2018
I don't often comment, but still, after picking up an object it looks like clothes, the game stops responding to walking or hitting, only a shot and a jump work. Maybe you can do anything with these?
exactly the same, been going on for couple of updates now

The Penguin

Mar 1, 2018
What's the problem guys? The update didn't cure world hunger and cancer?
I had a bug where I could only move by using dash and the ranged attack 2 update ago, and I still got it on this one... So kind of yeah, when you bugfix I do hope you fix the bug that don't allow the player to be hit by monster, that prevent them from really moving and that also break the menu not allowiing them to restart the run...

Crackgear

Oct 14, 2018
Very underwhelming update. was expecting a lot of problems to get fixed but now it has even more issues than before. (yes im well aware they revamped the physics) we were supposed to get 2 new enemies and a handful of new scenes. we only got 1 enemy and 2 scenes. adding on the update to the character model, it looks worse than the previous model. the controls still cant be bound and the game is still extremely easy to beat even on thornsin difficulty. Im not trying to bitch about it but it just seems like we waited for so long just to get crumbs when we were told that we would be getting a major update. With that being said, the good things about the update are that the physics look very good, the scenes are awesome, and i was actually pleased to see a decent amount of new items get added to the pool. along with mod support. I hope in the future that we actually get a worthwhile update. I really wish they would do something more with the moral system. kinda feels unnecessary if it doesn't serve a purpose. i still love the game and hope the devs are doing well. just had to get those ideas out there to see if anyone felt the same or im just complaining.
Imagine complaining, on a freaking Demo Build...

90o-o09

Jun 27, 2018
4131 - Copy (1).png
also the saves are not compatible for some reason if anyone is kind to share the updated rooms.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCP 001

sssbug

Feb 12, 2021
View attachment 3695920
also the saves are not compatible for some reason if anyone is kind to share the updated rooms.
Go to page 110, there should be a ci-en link near the bottom link toward the creator's ci-en, if you have an account, there should be zip file thats followed member only (which is free that just require you to follow the creator)I think thats the Zip file (mod file)

Reactions: Beats9821

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
anyone got any hang of the mod he mentioned?
Right, about that. For some reason he didn't make it very clear there the mod folder is supposed to be so here's what I learned with my own tests:
- Mod folder can be placed where game's exe is stored like that:

folderpath.png

- He failed to mention that to swap face sprite, it shouldn't be called "face_pin". Just "face". NOTE: That was true for 0.58, but for 0.59 face sprite must be named "face_pin" indeed. Everything else is good, but take a note that if you add clothed version sprites there and you started the game with naked outfit, in-game portrait will apply modded cloth sprites on top of her.

But yeah, it works and it's good they thought about allowing us to easily replace face texture to make character "makeup-less". Here's my actual test with it:

MakeUpLessByBucky.png

So here's this face sprite I showcased. Installation:

- Put PortraitMod in a folder with ThornSin.exe
- Play the game

Mod is in attachment.

Last edited:

M'ra

Aug 3, 2022
Right, about that. For some reason he didn't make it very clear there the mod folder is supposed to be so here's what I learned with my own tests:

View attachment 3696153

- He failed to mention that to swap face sprite, it shouldn't be called "face_pin". Just "face". Everything else is good, but take a note that if you add clothed version sprites there and you started the game with naked outfit, in-game portrait will apply modded cloth sprites on top of her.

But yeah, it works and it's good they thought about allowing us to easily replace face texture to make character "makeup-less". Here's my actual test with it:

View attachment 3696165

- Play the game

Mod is in attachment.
Is there any way to modify the rest of the portrait (for example, the stomach)?

Drakehunt

Mar 27, 2019
Would really love it if that stand alone thing someone made here that wasn't the cheat engine one was updated. That one was really smooth and simple and didn't require additional software to run.

whatloi25

May 1, 2020

View attachment 3696153

- He failed to mention that to swap face sprite, it shouldn't be called "face_pin". Just "face". Everything else is good, but take a note that if you add clothed version sprites there and you started the game with naked outfit, in-game portrait will apply modded cloth sprites on top of her.

View attachment 3696165

- Play the game

Mod is in attachment.
welp now the img need to be called "face_pin" for it to work

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
welp now the img need to be called "face_pin" for it to work
Yep, "face_pin" is now a required filename for 0.59. But it required "face" for 0.58. I see he changed file scheme in .atlas file so it makes sense. I updated face portrait mod download for 0.59 now, thanks.

Is there any way to modify the rest of the portrait (for example, the stomach)?
Okay, so here's the complicated part about ThornSin texture modding in general:
- For now it seems game can handle texture swap on the fly, which is good. But it seems there's certain limits to it
- Game comes with already downscaled texture sprite sheets, which is the reason why it's not trivial to repack, even if modder have a Spine software and can in theory create their own assets: Game provided Texture resolution for character portrait is 2048x1024 but then you check actual .atlas file and you see it gets upscaled by game's algorithm to 7424x2822... to repack it for Spine editing usage you need to resample it TWICE basically. It produce artifacts on sprite edges, that's pain in the ass to be honest.
- Now his base assets comes from their own original HQ texture sources, which doesn't require you to do resampling, which is great.. but these are the only assets you are allowed to mod, it seems:

modfriendlyassets.png

- I have a strong believe that this is done to test community response to a character's new design. Which is very welcomed because I didn't like excessive makeup and it's pretty much gone now for portrait at least... with that portrait mod download I provided in previous post.
- New system which adds content like that suggests they are set on adding post-release content, like DLC/"Append". System is set internally, so they can do it.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 39 Votes