Jackhole69

Sep 10, 2017
I have no idea what I did but using the cheat plugin for v0.5.9 when I upped the attack damage multiplier to 5 it completely bricked the ability to normal attack, I can still attack and swing but none of the damage is applied it's like i'm swinging at ghosts. Turning the game on and off, restarting my pc, re-installing the game, and messing with the cheat table values did nothing to fix it I have no idea what happened.

Reactions: guy058773
Sep 4, 2020
Sorry, but I find the new portrait to be a huge downgrade all around. It looks like one of those Korean plastic faces. The weird nose makes her look pig-faced. I find the previous version much more beautiful and innocent-looking which is important for the corruption theme to work. I prefer the old body and animation as well. Also not sure if she should be looking into the camera.

View attachment 3704943
Yeah, the new potrait made me feel "uncomfortable" from its doll-like emotionless expression due to this "plastic-ness" design. Just like you said, the old one was far superior compared to the new one both lore wise and thematically. Personally, if the old one is a 9, then the new one gone straight down to 4. It just odd that he decided to change the artstyle to this, sad downgrade.....
Still, hopefully he would create an option to revert back to old potrait, or straight up throw the new on into the bin. Just hope our opinions on this change won't discourage him.

• Love
Reactions: Iagit00011

Imma Sniper

Aug 13, 2022
Not sure if false positive or not but im getting windows defender alerts on the cheat mod now.
It says on the mod page that the defender will flag it since the essential nature of the mod is of an 'injector'. Don't know what it's supposed to mean but nothing to worry about.

Jan 2, 2022
Well at first glance I thought the whole new modding thing was for the in-game model, of course I was being dumb and there is no way it would be that easy.

Still tried my hand at the portrait stuff and am having some fun despite not being an artist.

Edit: Face not my work of course, credit to Krongorka.

View attachment 3701150

Edit2: Made some other stuff, left some of the pngs.

View attachment 3701913
how to use this mod???

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
Well at first glance I thought the whole new modding thing was for the in-game model, of course I was being dumb and there is no way it would be that easy.

Still tried my hand at the portrait stuff and am having some fun despite not being an artist.

Edit: Face not my work of course, credit to Krongorka.

View attachment 3701150

Edit2: Made some other stuff, left some of the pngs.

View attachment 3701913
ah, so costume mods? nice.

K1sr33l

May 19, 2022
if you really want, you could also 'manually' try making a gallery, which would be a collection of save files just before a boss or for specific enemies/scenes (e.g., with the merchant)
If it isn't bothersome, can you give me a step-by-step detail? I'm not sure about opening save files even after saving a bunch of them.

SCP 001

Aug 21, 2017
If it isn't bothersome, can you give me a step-by-step detail? I'm not sure about opening save files even after saving a bunch of them.
Sure!
  1. Navigate to "C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\LocalLow\ScarletPaper\ThornSin
  2. In this folder, you'll find a save file named gamedata00.save. This is the save file you need!
  3. Create a new folder as a back-up and call it whatever you want.
  4. Whenever you reach a new room, gamedata00.save gets updated. This basically means that you can create copies of gamedata00.save, and place these in the backup folder (after renaming them). You might want to copy save files (1) when you reach a new level/stage, (2) when you're in a room with an enemy whose scene you want to replay, (3) just before a boss room, (4) just before a new scene with the merchant
For instance, let's say we're in the room before the first boss. You copy gamedata00.save and paste it in your backup folder, and rename the save file as, e.g., first_boss.save. Later, when you want to replay the scene, rename first_boss.save to gamedata00.save and replace the original gamedata00.save. Afterwards, open the game, load the save file and you should be back in the room before the first boss!

• Red Heart
Reactions: K1sr33l

Oli1989

Jun 12, 2023
Mod that increases female protagonist HP
How to increase HP in ThornSin?
. Is there a mod to increase the HP of the female protagonist?

K1sr33l

May 19, 2022
Sure!
  1. Navigate to "C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\LocalLow\ScarletPaper\ThornSin
  2. In this folder, you'll find a save file named gamedata00.save. This is the save file you need!
  3. Create a new folder as a back-up and call it whatever you want.
  4. Whenever you reach a new room, gamedata00.save gets updated. This basically means that you can create copies of gamedata00.save, and place these in the backup folder (after renaming them). You might want to copy save files (1) when you reach a new level/stage, (2) when you're in a room with an enemy whose scene you want to replay, (3) just before a boss room, (4) just before a new scene with the merchant
For instance, let's say we're in the room before the first boss. You copy gamedata00.save and paste it in your backup folder, and rename the save file as, e.g., first_boss.save. Later, when you want to replay the scene, rename first_boss.save to gamedata00.save and replace the original gamedata00.save. Afterwards, open the game, load the save file and you should be back in the room before the first boss!
Aye. Thanks dude. It's nice to know that the save file would still work even after renaming them. Time to grind the game now lmao

Reactions: SCP 001

nimd.at

Sep 24, 2022
If protag got impregnated by the donate-blood column, she give birth to a certain flying familiar - what does this familiar do? I know that usual familiars attack and chest familiar give coins at certain instances - but what this other familiar do?

nccnnc09

Apr 14, 2019
To be fair, the new standing picture is ok, not that bad. The good thing is it's looks sharper and easy to look at. But because it way too sharp compare to previous version so it making me feels werid. I still like the hand drawing type and if could, make inesa's face like the old one

DiamondHu

Jul 25, 2020
To be fair, the new standing picture is ok, not that bad. The good thing is it's looks sharper and easy to look at. But because it way too sharp compare to previous version so it making me feels werid. I still like the hand drawing type and if could, make inesa's face like the old one
Tbh, we look her old model for like 5-6 versions. So kinda hard to accept new model. For me, the new one kinda cool and looks sharp, still great!!

Essalar

Aug 2, 2017
Good afternoon, everyone! Dear mod authors, could you add to your work the possibility of adding a clothing repair potion to your inventory (it allows you to solve the problem of paralysis from tearing clothes if there is a certain item in your inventory) and a fire scroll (very rarely falls out, but in some places it is the only possible way to remove an obstacle). I think if you implement these proposals, many people will be very grateful to you!

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes