AndreaTheNord

May 26, 2024
This could be fun (once you pass the intro) if the sex scenes ran more than 1 frame per hour... The intro scenes run flawless, but once the actual "game" starts they're so laggy
This first case of this I've heard of. I'll have to ask my supporters if they have experienced any such issues. Seems odd that it would run the intro scenes fine but not the others. Certainly, doesn't occur during my playtesting. Are you sure its not your machine? Perhaps the game becomes more demanding on the hardware once you get past the intro.

DM72

Apr 9, 2023
This first case of this I've heard of. I'll have to ask my supporters if they have experienced any such issues. Seems odd that it would run the intro scenes fine but not the others. Certainly, doesn't occur during my playtesting. Are you sure its not your machine? Perhaps the game becomes more demanding on the hardware once you get past the intro.
There are a few people that commented above me that mentioned the scenes were running slow for them as well. I'm not sure why the intro ones are fine, but the game ones aren't. It's definitely not my machine, I'm on a gaming rig, I run a lot of AAA games on this.

Reactions: Lupin terzo

sunqian3000

Sep 28, 2021
Thank you! :)
RPG Maker is what i was familiar with when I started the project, i wasn't familiar with renpy at the time. I havent tried renpy yet, so i'm not sure how its available functions would compare. If renpy is purely visual novel, there may actually be minigame aspects done with rpg maker i might not have been able to complete with renpy.
Also, yes, i'm absolutly committed to not only finishing it, but also perfecting it, its not done until every blemish has been cleared and polished, no matter how long that takes. My tools are limited, but not my ambition.
There is another suggestion .
you can ask SonsOfLiberty or Bob69 for some compression advice .
A lot of people in my country use VAM, but almost no one is reasonably compressed VAM.
If the current size is updated until the game is complete. It's probably going to be a scary size.
It will take up a lot of harddisk space.and affects the computer memory life of the players.

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Understandable. RPG Maker is often considered an inferior game engine. But it makes for a good entry level engine. This is my first game project and RPGM is easy enough for a newb like me to understand. With future game projects, I can upgrade to superior engines as my understanding of game development improves.
It's not inferior, it has it's place for RPG's, but it looks like you are making a Visual Novel and that is like using a shovel to put a nail into wood. It works, but not good. There are better fitting tools for making a VN like Renpy, Visual Novel Maker etc. would deliver a better user experience. The RPGM engine is not optimized to show big animations etc. and that is why it's lagging.

kiberme

Jun 9, 2017
it means "that hoe over there" or "thirsty hoe over there", generally referring to a sexually promiscuous woman.
It is first time that I'm hearing that the word "thot" includes general direction in which hoe is located.
Also we have a word for "sexually promiscuous woman". It is "hoe".
Equalizing "hoe" to "thot" is a global conspiracy executed by thots bro. And you fell for it.

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
I don't mind rpgm but 10GB for an Alpha?
What did you put in there? 16k resolution pics?^^
I think you mgiht want to check how you can compress pics/videos otherwise you'll end up with 50GB for the final game.

Judge_Hershey

Jan 6, 2019
@AndreaTheNord

love the design of Andrea in the game and I enjoy the game so far!
Only flaw I have: we should be able to skip the sex szenes once we've seen them. Working as a hostess can take forever because you can skip the animations.
Echoing this. Even scenes not seen before should be skippable. At least if they're 2 minute boring footjob videos.

Reactions: znnrqp

combige

Jun 30, 2017
Yet another fruitful patrol, looks fun!

Btw, since when are such trailers allowed on YT?

soneview777

Nov 16, 2018
Understandable. RPG Maker is often considered an inferior game engine. But it makes for a good entry level engine. This is my first game project and RPGM is easy enough for a newb like me to understand. With future game projects, I can upgrade to superior engines as my understanding of game development improves.
I am more fan of the RPGM engine than Renpy I see it more practical.

Reactions: cunning_linguist

AndreaTheNord

May 26, 2024
There are a few people that commented above me that mentioned the scenes were running slow for them as well. I'm not sure why the intro ones are fine, but the game ones aren't. It's definitely not my machine, I'm on a gaming rig, I run a lot of AAA games on this.
Well, thank you for bringing it to my attention, I'll certainly investigate this :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: DM72 and Pdiant

footman99999

Nov 6, 2019
Footjob with heels on? must hurt

Also, i keep getting the tutorial for working at hootes after every turn.

AndreaTheNord

May 26, 2024
@AndreaTheNord

love the design of Andrea in the game and I enjoy the game so far!
Only flaw I have: we should be able to skip the sex szenes once we've seen them. Working as a hostess can take forever because you can skip the animations.
That's something that has been suggested to me before, but I'll have to look into whether its possible with rpgm's standard functions or if i might have to get a plugin or something. It might be possible to implement this with a button activated condition, but I'll have to experiment to figure it out.
Also, glad you're liking it so far! :D

Reactions: Patsy221 and Pdiant
4.40 star(s) 11 Votes