VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Three Rules of Life [v0.5.0] [Red Dust]

1. 5.00 star(s)

hyouton

Really enjoying the game.
    A lot of content. A lot of doubts when i have to choose between the girls because they-re fantastic. Also enjoying the rest of the story.
    Cant wait for more. Keep the good work.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Gmascia

What about "Three Rules of Life"? It adds to my very personal Top 10 of the AVNs (I don't like to call them "games"). The plot might seem a little already seen, but the unfolding of the story thrills you and then the continuous overlapping of decisive choices, leads you to change the course of events. And the rendering of the characters is truly sumptuous. Congratulations to the dev and I look forward to the next update.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Lol00000

Honestly, this game cought me by surprise, i was thinking that would be a game of young guy fucking around every girl without consequences or a rich background, but this game has a nice story, really gives the choice to follow multiple paths, some characters are 100% good designed but it doesn't interfere at all of how much will you enjoy itm
  4. 5.00 star(s)

desmosome

[v0.3.0]

I'm giving it 5 stars for "excellent," rather than as an indication that it's some perfect game. When playing any of these games, it's pretty important to determine what type of game it is and what the dev is hoping to accomplish. It helps if you have a wide tolerance for different genres. In this case, the game is most definitely a drama. The drama and entanglement of characters and plot threads is something you might find in some kdrama or soap opera. What this game is not. It's not really a self insert game. The MC is another character in the story with very defined motivations, personality, emotional issues, etc. You can, of course, steer him in different directions during the game, but you can't change his mentality on certain issues.

Looking at the game as a drama filled story, I have to say that the dev succeeded in creating a rather interesting scenario. The different plot threads intersect and intertwine throughout the story. Every single character, including the MC, has some issues they are dealing with. In many cases, their personal issues have a cause and effect on other characters' plots. Notably, no one is just straight up evil, at least so far. Even a "rival" male, if we could call him that, who is entangled in 2 of the LI's plot line, is depicted in a sympathetic light. This is a bold move by the dev, and it is worth praising.

The graphics are superb in most cases. The animations are smooth. The dev tried to make the animations more dynamic than just a back and forth pump action we usually see. The render quality is high. However, 2 of the models (Naomi, Mira), could have gone through some modifications. They look a bit odd. Naomi has some very weird expressions and her facial structure resembles Jim Carey's The Mask. Someone pointed out that Mira looks like a titan from Attack on Titan lol. I knew something was off about her but couldn't quite put my finger on it until this comment.

Sex scenes start out extremely underwhelming at the beginning. It's super short and MC cums immediately. Not only that, but it was very apparent that the dev is employing an artificial stairway to heaven to prevent penetration from happening too early. I hate this kind of crap where the situation logically should lead to sex but stop at foreplay just because. That said, some of the later scenes are really great. Long enough with great dialogue and enough variation on top of some very erotic circumstances makes them fappable.

The music is great. Some of the tunes are the ones we hear all the time, but others seem to be new. They compliment the tone of the scene rather well, so no complaints there.

I think the gameplay (VN, choices) were done quite well. There are mutually exclusive scenes, and different outcomes and information revealed based on certain choices. A few choices were non-intuitive, but most of them won't blindside you with their results. I played without any walkthrough or mod and didn't have any problems.

In closing, try this game if you are up for some drama and are fine with a predefined MC that will have his own feelings and such. If you are looking for a happy go lucky dating sim, courting straightforward girls with no baggage, maybe look elsewhere.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3024206

Quite good game. Render resolution is high, which makes art much more beautiful and polished. There are two characters whose faces sometimes get very weird but overall it can be said that the art here is quite good, animations included. Considering it has just a couple of months, there's good amount of content and it's a game that might get better in the future with next releases. Hope to increase my rating in the future.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

bananabrown

[0.5.0] Review

Story: 2/5
    Renders: 3/5
    Sound: 2/5
    Personal Enjoyment: 2.5/5

The setup is boring and doesn't go anywhere interesting. You can choose from multiple love interests who offer the MC nothing but problems and headaches. The renders range from pretty decent to weirdly off putting. The game has short animations which loop at very noticable times. Try it, you might like it if you don't think too hard about what's happening.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Marvipego

Ok, I'm hyped... And I rarely am but this dev is definitely a good writer. It's rare to find a really good story between these games cause writing is hard and actually being creative for this kind of stuff can be difficult a lot of times. This game is one of few, gotta recomend to everybody, never seen so much potential. Gotta say that the dev should put more effort in coliding the routes because this is no harem game, even though some of the similar games with more development took longer to make it and they still worked just fine.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

I_Only_Support_Real_Onez

Alright here we go... this is for up to v.2... The downside. There are a few spots where the wrong word is used or is missing a word but it's not the end of the world. The good stuff.... The writing. The mystery of what happened had me pulled in the entire time trying to put stuff together in my head to try and guess what happened to the mom. The Renders are great. Every LI is different from the others. I only wish they had at least one thick girl but I aint going to complain since im pretty satisfied with the crop of women in here so far.I also like how it has animations. Sometimes it looks like the mc is talking and the motorcycle ride was a fun scene. I also like how the author is handling Damon's story and how we are getting background on his father. Im really looking forward to how this plays out
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Slockie

One of my favorite games out. All of the girls are beautiful with there own unique personality. Renders are some of the best in the business. Good story so far with a good amount of sex intertwined throughout the story. Keep up the good work!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Why have choices in a VN if they have no affect at all on how things progress?
    It makes no sense.
    Several points in this VN made me pull my hair out.
    The MC is a complete pushover with every lady in the story. I wanted to punch the screen because it's like you're deadlocked right into a cycle of just putting your head down and doing exactly what you don't want to do.
    I gave a 4/5 rating because the renders are lovely, and the ladies you encounter are top notch. Although some are extremely weird. I won't spoil any of the plot. This rating is based on my opinion. Don't let it sway you from giving it a try.
    As much as this one frustrated me, I'm interested in seeing where this goes with the next update.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

gefion19

Beautiful graphics, art, story, and girls. I like the main character personality and i like how our protagonist interact with the girls. I have been trying lots of games on this website and lots of them unsatisfied me. But this one was what i have been looking for so far. Moreover design of girls are amazing. Feels like very natural. Their facial expressions also feel very natural. They felt real to me. They don't have lots of make up on their face which is awesome because too much make up doesn't describe the true beauty. Lots of developers should realize that too. Everything in the game is balanced and i really like the game. I hope you keep improving the game in the future. Excellent job.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

jkjkjkjkjk

Awesome game with a great story and great visuals. I enjoy the fact you can choose the relationship you want with each character. I can't wait to see where the story is headed as there has already been one shocking twist I did not see coming at all.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Kata

Updating to v0.3, since I've been getting notifications on the reactions to this review recently.

I figured I would give it another go to see if the storytelling process has improved at all. I didn't have a save from before, so I started the story from scratch, to see if the same criticisms still applied, and if the story developments from v0.3 changed anything.

Unfortunately, the story of 0.3 is just as disappointing as the first two chapters. The entire story seems to hinge upon blatantly overwrought melodrama, and the author fails to give us a good reason to care for the characters' plights, so we're left with a lingering sense of frustration for why they are behaving like overdramatic toddlers.

There's been people who called the MC a pushover to the other characters. I disagree. A pushover implies that there is someone else pushing them over, because they are a more dominant personality than them. This isn't really the case. There's only one character (Danielle) that can remotely be considered a go-getter (who herself is weirdly obsessed with MC's best friend for no apparent reason, considering she's more than capable of moving on but chooses not to). Everyone else is a fellow doormat, and interactions between any pair of characters looks like them both laying down at the Doormat Convention. It's just a bunch of people skirting around issues and acting extra without making any real headway into their relationships. You can't build a real drama that way. The only tension you're escalating is the reader's blood pressure.

Why are MC's friends mopey and upset afterwards that they tricked the MC into seeing his ex-girlfriend if they're adamant it was the right thing to do? Why is suddenly the MC desperate to get back with his ex-girlfriend (with no agency given to the player to decide if he should be) if he was the one that pushed her away in the first place? Why is MC's ex-girlfriend so desperate to reconnect if she's so tentative about actually interacting and completely unwilling to say or explain anything? Why is Ada/Chris still a fucking thing?

Why doesn't anyone move on from each other? Or even say anything significant when they're trying to talk? It's like those frustrating scenes in bad movies where someone goes, "wait, i can explain!" instead of explaining while the other person runs away. Except literally every. single. scene.

This game is a poorly written soap opera, or a badly written telenovela. And like many soap operas, you become desensitized to the interpersonal dramas because they've jumped the shark so many times that you can no longer care about any of the individual issues. Red Dust has tried so desperately to ratchet up the melodrama in such a cheap, superficial manner that they've overextended and deflated any potential emotional connection. You can't relate to any of the characters because none of them behave like people anymore. They all lose 80 IQ points in every scene.

Everyone is obsessed with their exes. Everyone sucks at communicating anything (seemingly for no apparently reason than because the author wants to keep big reveals for later). Everyone acts like an asshole to everyone else (but it's supposed to be ok because they're up in their feels). It's a tired trope and there's still presumably many more chapters to go.

It's pretty obvious at this point that everyone just needs therapy, including the reader if you try to keep up with this mess.

----------------------------------------

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

alex13_zen

Wow didn't expect to find so much high quality content for such a young game! It's certainly an exception and I'm a little afraid to get my hopes up. But there are a lot of things to like:

* nice renders and animations
    * decent number of sex scenes for two releases (but more and longer would ofc be even better :p)
    * very good English
    * music (especially rock :D)
    * likeable characters
    * no annoying text overlay to obscure part of the screen
    * reasonably interesting story and character development
    * Ren'Py non-sandbox, non-point&click
    * likeable MC (though a little too emotional)

My main dislike (apart from a few creepy facial expressions early on) would be that you're already forced to pick between some girls and events. It's a little to early in the game for this, especially thinking of the very best games on this site which let you enjoy all girls and events for a good while before forcing you to pick.
    I'm glad to have found this game!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 207916

Wow i just don't know what to say about this game that hasn't being told. So here i go.

Characters - They're all fine and good. There's something for everyone. Milfs, young chicks you name it.

Story - I won't spoil things to much but the story line is somewhat believable. Long story short mom leaves MC for some "unknown" reason(s). MC strugles and push people away. Realy nice tuch.

Choices - This is one of those rare games where choices impact your game, meaning that choices do mather where for example you can chose to be friendly with certain girl or you want to get involved romanthically.

I played version 1 of the game and was amazed with the content the game demo had to offer however i dared not to review it. Now for version 2 i must say it's simply excelent. I definitely recommend to try out this game and if you can support the developer.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Zareem

This game is the best in the genre I've played, on F95Zone or elsewhere. The art quality is top-notch. The writing really makes it stand out head & shoulders above the rest.

Also, it's all very mature and kinda wholesome, especially compared to many other games in this genre.

TLDR: Wow!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

jimstorm

v0.1.1

This is the first version I played. Like others have said the dialogue and interactions feel amazingly real and human. The animations and models look really great.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Ada and Penny. Damon is a cool best friend too.

I'm really impressed with this game so far.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Buki

I liked the beginning of the story, and also did not let down the overall quality of renders and a good animation in the amount of more than a couple per update.Characters interesting enough for this niche, and their not a huge amount, which gives credit for the development of their characters and getting skeletons out of their closets).Ada(Wong) is best)
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3006697

A very good game

Decent renders
    interesting plot
    good looking and engaging LIs

My fav part was how the characters felt really natural and interesting.
    Nothing felt too out of place or forced.
    The dev is really good at writing characters.

Really liked Mira, Naomi and Ada

Easily a 5/5 for me
    Can't wait for me!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

Pretty much everything that I have to say has already been said below

Renders are nice, aside from Naomi who can be a little scary with that facial structure. The revamp of the MC's face is MASSIVELY better than the original so kudos to the dev for listening to us there.

Animations are fluid and a definite plus to the game.

I also always appreciate a VN that can balance the sexual content and plot development, even if it is somewhat cliched. Will keep an eye on this one