VN Ren'Py Abandoned Tilden Hall [v0.2] [Sueet Monn]

JediMaster077

May 17, 2018
Here is a compressed pc and mac version of v0.1!

PC (60MB): - - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks, just have a quick question. How do you compress your games..... is it the same tool as found here?

If it is thanks to both of you and I will have to give it a try.

Reactions: SueetMonn

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
That was fast haha! Appreciate you guys checking it out and getting it up so fast. I'll be happy to answer any questions that may pop up.

F95Zone was actually a big repository for info for me while I was learning to render, so I'm stoked to see the community checking it out already.

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
every single daz asset in the preview screenshots is as generic as you can get and has been in dozens of other games

somewhat related I think its time to retire this fucking hair asset forever

Haha that's actually good feedback. Initially I was working with what I could get cheap from different bundles and deals on Daz's web store since I had to build my entire library from scratch. Will definitely look to get some more unique assets in the future.

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
"roughly 10 thousand students" yet the classes will only include YOU and a friend or two..:p heck..just make a blurry background with silhouettes to make it look like rooms are full..otherwise is ok so far..
:LOL: But that's because it's a morning class, obviously. This is actually another thing I'm working on in the next update. I bought some pretty cool billboards which make populating scenes less of a pain, so hopefully future renders will feel more like a living campus and less like a private resort for you and your friends.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
If I get the mechanics of the game right, there will be 4 time periods per day: morning, noon, afternoon and evening. There could be also later possibly night. Some actions seem to not to actually count, like asking the barista for the wifi code, whereas asking for the library Id does.

It looks like there will be attribute points, as Fitness if you work out, so I believe that there will be others, like Charisma or Intelligence that may come up later. As for the (not so) romantic encounters, I understand that there will be either actions to unlock or relationship points with each (female) character.

It seems that the MC will have his hands full very fast as there are in this version alone 2 main quests and 2 possible side quests.

The only thing that bothers me a little is in the choice of models. Why does breast size need to be proportional to body size ? Also it would be nice to try and work on the teachers/moms figures. All the characters almost look the same age. Some nice expression wrinkles may be not only more realistic, but it could also make them otherwise sexy too. One last thing, why do the mothers seem to be always taller than their "adult" children?

As for the morning class being almost empty. I agree with @ThunderRob on the necessity to make it look crowded, especially the first day. I remember my days at the university where classes were overcrowded before Halloween and started having less attendants afterwards.

Anyway I'm eager to see v0.2 and how the story evolves.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Will there be a phone/pda to keep track of the stats/logs ?

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
If I get the mechanics of the game right, there will be 4 time periods per day: morning, noon, afternoon and evening. There could be also later possibly night. Some actions seem to not to actually count, like asking the barista for the wifi code, whereas asking for the library Id does.

It looks like there will be attribute points, as Fitness if you work out, so I believe that there will be others, like Charisma or Intelligence that may come up later. As for the (not so) romantic encounters, I understand that there will be either actions to unlock or relationship points with each (female) character.

It seems that the MC will have his hands full very fast as there are in this version alone 2 main quests and 2 possible side quests.

The only thing that bothers me a little is in the choice of models. Why does breast size need to be proportional to body size ? Also it would be nice to try and work on the teachers/moms figures. All the characters almost look the same age. Some nice expression wrinkles may be not only more realistic, but it could also make them otherwise sexy too. One last thing, why do the mothers seem to be always taller than their "adult" children?

As for the morning class being almost empty. I agree with @ThunderRob on the necessity to make it look crowded, especially the first day. I remember my days at the university where classes were overcrowded before Halloween and started having less attendants afterwards.

Anyway I'm eager to see v0.2 and how the story evolves.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Will there be a phone/pda to keep track of the stats/logs ?
Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Almost spot-on with the time structure. It'll actually go Morning > Afternoon > Night > Midnight. Some of the interactions definitely affect dialogue only, while others will impact progression and overall story later on. One of the biggest that comes to mind currently is talking to Tanya before meeting with your professor. Definitely planning on introducing more small "butterfly effect" choices like that later on. Nothing game breaking (eg. you put cream in your coffee one morning causing you to die of heart disease a week later), but significant enough where it feels like your actions actually matter in the game world.

That's also a good point regarding breast size and body proportions. I might have made a rookie mistake here by applying my own preferences to the characters as opposed to seeing what others might like, but I'm 100% open to hear what others would prefer to see moving forward.

Reactions: Le Pew

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
@SueetMonn Just letting you know for some useful feedback, but I think ill pass on the game now because the renders are a little grainy and don't quite hold up compared to the ones i do play. I'm also not sure if it's just the preview pictures but they also look a little low quality with some blurry/fuzzy edges. If you improve on these aspects ill definitely give it a shot later on.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
That's also a good point regarding breast size and body proportions. I might have made a rookie mistake here by applying my own preferences to the characters as opposed to seeing what others might like, but I'm 100% open to hear what others would prefer to see moving forward.
I prefer models that have proportional breast and body size! Since you're open to hearing what others have to say, I got my 2-cents worth in early!

Feb 15, 2018

Almost spot-on with the time structure. It'll actually go Morning > Afternoon > Night > Midnight. Some of the interactions definitely affect dialogue only, while others will impact progression and overall story later on. One of the biggest that comes to mind currently is talking to Tanya before meeting with your professor. Definitely planning on introducing more small "butterfly effect" choices like that later on. Nothing game breaking (eg. you put cream in your coffee one morning causing you to die of heart disease a week later), but significant enough where it feels like your actions actually matter in the game world.

I wouldn't call it a rookie mistake if it's a preference of yours. On top of that, it's nice to see they aren't all huge breasted like so many games. But yes, even petite girls can have large breasts (Please don't change Elly, she's perfect), just as larger women can have tiny ones.

I do have to agree with @ThunderRob and @Le Pew about the class sizes. While morning classes are quite often small, all colleges have a minimum class size that if not met causes the class to be cancelled. So, while you do not need to fill it, a handful of blurs/ghosts/whatevers in the background would make the class more believable. And as I type that I think how strange the word believable sounds when talking about an erotic game/novel/whatever.

And on a different note, I love the Scoobies (from Buffy) feel of the MC, Elly and Derek.

Now I should probably go in and at least finish up the gameplay that we have.

Keep up the good work.

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
@SueetMonn Just letting you know for some useful feedback, but I think ill pass on the game now because the renders are a little grainy and don't quite hold up compared to the ones i do play. I'm also not sure if it's just the preview pictures but they also look a little low quality with some blurry/fuzzy edges. If you improve on these aspects ill definitely give it a shot later on.
I feel that - definitely valid feedback. One thing I would like to note though is that the preview images in the OP are just directly pulled from the game's image directory folder. Roughly half of the screenshots in that original post aren't in the game at all, but were throwaway renders that didn't make the cut but I forgot to delete from the directory folder haha :confused:

I'll see if I can maybe update those screenshots to some that better represent the actual game.

Reactions: WaveOfPig

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
Fit chicks with a strong base and C-D cups :love:o_O (fit is very different than ripped lol)

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
I feel that - definitely valid feedback. One thing I would like to note though is that the preview images in the OP are just directly pulled from the game's image directory folder. Roughly half of the screenshots in that original post aren't in the game at all, but were throwaway renders that didn't make the cut but I forgot to delete from the directory folder haha :confused:

I'll see if I can maybe update those screenshots to some that better represent the actual game.
great idea!

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
I wouldn't call it a rookie mistake if it's a preference of yours. On top of that, it's nice to see they aren't all huge breasted like so many games. But yes, even petite girls can have large breasts (Please don't change Elly, she's perfect), just as larger women can have tiny ones.

I do have to agree with @ThunderRob and @Le Pew about the class sizes. While morning classes are quite often small, all colleges have a minimum class size that if not met causes the class to be cancelled. So, while you do not need to fill it, a handful of blurs/ghosts/whatevers in the background would make the class more believable. And as I type that I think how strange the word believable sounds when talking about an erotic game/novel/whatever.

And on a different note, I love the Scoobies (from Buffy) feel of the MC, Elly and Derek.

Now I should probably go in and at least finish up the gameplay that we have.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks again - I appreciate it :giggle: My comment about it being an early morning class was just a joke though haha - the reason that classroom is so empty is because I was definitely having troubles with rendering crowds in the earlier stages of development. I've already fixed that issue in the new version though, and as I revisit old renders in subsequent versions I'll probably edit those scenes from Day 1 as well.

Reactions: Le Pew