VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Time For Dragons [v1.1.1] [eliont]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Jman9

There are essentially three versions of this game: Time for Dragons 1.1.1, Defiler Wings 1.4.1 and Defiler Wings 1.0.1. These are all iterations of the same CYOA game with light resource management, which is a bit more gameplay-focused than your typical VN.

You play an evil dragon bent on doing whatever the fuck he wants, and conquering a fantasy kingdom in the process. And, as evil dragons are wont to do, no virgins that happen to cross paths with you remain virgins for long. They might even get killed, eaten or tortured.

The kingdom is a mish-mash of various fantasy tropes, the game can be clunky at times, the quality of translation from the original Russian varies, and there is no original art. DW 1.01 is the most polished and TfD 1.1.1 the least, while the complexity and strength of gameplay elements is usually the reverse.

Time for Dragons holds a lot more promise than it currently delivers, but there's a certain modder working on this...

All that being said, the game(s) are pretty unique and worth a try.

An extended (counter-review) version of this review is available here.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Sturvos

I'm going to be honest I got super excited about this. Never knew this existed and I love Defiler Wings. I know Defiler Wings is a bit clunky and the art is a tad wacky but still it's a great game somehow.

This is not good or fun. I don't know how or why. It completely misses the point and everything I loved about Defiler Wings doesn't seem very apparent in this. If you really do love this game for some reason, go play Defiler Wings because it's just better. Even with the horrible translation, even with the odd art. Somehow it is better in every respect than this. Except maybe the translation, I'll give this one the translation. Unless someone updated the translation on Defiler Wings since I last played...
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Chaossonic

With no original art, stolen from every median the creator can find; this abomination makes me sick.

The story is lost to me due to seeing assets pilfered from a multitude of sources that I have encountered in different places in my existence.

If the author can open their wallet and invest in the project with original content it would be a fun endeavor, but to see plagiarism in the writing and visuals show that the developer isn't taking this project seriously.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

rynak

Buggy piece of shit:
    1. Unpack & Launch
    2. Press help-button - Script-error, then gamecrash
    3. Launch game again
    4. Now i no longer get the game-menu, but am dropped into the middle of an ongoing game, even though i never even started a game.
    5. Try to go back to menu - doesn't work
    6. Delete whole gamefolder, incl savegames.
    7. Unpack and launch again
    8. Still dropped into mystery game. Main menu inaccessable.

This is what you call "final"? This is what you call an "improvement" and "better code" than the original? Guess what, the original never bugged out on me.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

tabernakle

I'm a huge fan of the OG and didn't expect anything much from this game. I thought it would build upon the base game, improve it (the UI mainly) and eventually add entirely new elements, but I got disappointed instead.

New things were added to the game like the ability to keep a girl alive after she gave birth and a deeper interaction system with the soon-to-be mothers ; but these additions do not bring much to the core game experience. Even worse : they slow down your progression ... I have no idea why this dev had to change the two core elements that worked the best in the OG (i.e. character progression and monster breeding) but he did it and it does not work !

I actually forced myself to finish the game, hoping there would be something new and special that would take away the feeling that I had wasted 4 hours on this game, but apart from rescuing a fairy in the Darkshire ... Nothing.

In conclusion : if you have played and liked the original game, don't try this one, you'll only be disappointed ; if you haven't though, you may try this but you'd better be playing the original.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

OxKing

Lots of promise, new translation fixes many concerns, a significant update in game mechanics for the old classic.

Should be noted that UI has some issues in managing the increased complexity of your domain manager, performance is still good but tedious to flip through screens.

There are game mechanics and story elements which are extremely demanding, its not clear that these were balanced against the players current status.

Some game elements could be missed due to being left unexplained.

All in all a game which is fantastic, and a finished product, but clearly still requiring a few updates to fill out unfinished design decisions.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

AienDark

Very thought out game. Great character building scheeme. I actually played it for enjoyment, and not for fap... But if ya wanna fap, there are som pictures, form different internet sources. It is like html game, just with hentai pic. Main characater is a villian, so there will be some rape scenes, and i dont think you can avoid them if you wanna progress in the game, at least not as far as i know... I played the game in russian, so I dont know if it has good translation or not, but in russian it is preatty good...
  8. 1.00 star(s)

ewddd

I have a lot of time in the OG game and I must say this is a downgrade in every way. There is zero explanation of the new gameplay mechanics. To top that off the guro and torturer stuff is mandatory, you can't avoid it at all.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Intersted1

I liked it.
    I didn't even know i wanted this until l was playing it. in the beginning I waas struggling with mana problems so i went to the evolution system and clicked on the gold head. then i discovered the in depth evolution system and was amazed. will definitively watch this.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Yiu113

This game is genuinely awful. The best way to describe it is Defiler Wings, but worse in most of the aspects of the game that were good, and better in very few aspects where the game really needed to be better. The new combat system is alright, while the new lair is incredibly confusing, the art is hilariously all over the place and hardly features dragons at all, and is stolen from all sorts of places.

If you liked Defiler Wings, keep playing it, because this isn't for you.