actual code
\game\_script\subsystem\story_and_events.rpy
Code:
        def regen(self,time):
            if self.regen > 0:
                self.timer += time
                if self.timer >= self.regen:
                    self.timer = 0
                    self.gain(int(math.floor(divide(self.timer,self.regen))))
Though can't find from where it's invoked. May be it's code line missed in accident ))

It should be called along with any time pass events.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
\game\_script\subsystem\story_and_events.rpy

Though can't find from where it's invoked. May be it's code line missed in accident
It would take a bit more than one line, since that's the single-event regen and you need to regen all of them. Maybe a really long line. :p

It should be called along with any time pass events.
But it isn't, as far as I can tell. There's nothing in date.rpy even resembling this.

Anyway, I've redone this in my WIP version, so things do regenerate now.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
The mana bug I fixed by using console to get a bit of mana then go to sleep.

It happened after darkshire outskirts was opened.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The mana bug I fixed by using console to get a bit of mana then go to sleep.

It happened after darkshire outskirts was opened.
This sounds really bizarre. I tried, but couldn't find any relation to Darkshire outskirts.

Was your mana negative or something? Otherwise, the only thing I can come up with that you had too little biomass/satiety, but didn't actually notice it.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I doubt that max mana had anything to do with it. But I don't really have any other ideas, either.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Is poring from milk farm turned into coins instantly? Dont see it in inventory/treasure chamber.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
As far as I know, the childbirth bug prevents you from even assigning captives to the milk farm in 1.1.1. So there shouldn't be any porings whatsoever.

In DMM, the milk shows up in the treasury, as you'd expect.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Weird I can assign girls. Maybe I should just set them free, pregnant to cause havoc.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
If you can assign them, you should also be getting the porings. But that only works if the 'childbirth' counter isn't 0, and in plain 1.1.1 that counter never increases. Maybe you've fixed this, or are playing DMM.

Girls can't be 'set free' to wreak havoc. They'll just go back to being captives.

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
It's ok, but its a total buggy mess. Could be really good given more time but it doesn't look like anyone is working on it, unfinished is the word id use. 6.5/10

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
half of this game is not translated
Half is probably quite an exaggeration. It's easy to get that impression, however, since the translation quality is pretty spotty and several important and frequently seen messages are either untranslated or mishandled in code, leading to the translation not being shown.

why is so much of the text in russian
Non-machine translation isn't free, you know? :p

i thought non translated was not allowed
Whatever gave you that idea? Why are games even supposed to have a 'language' entry, if it's always going to be the same (Mandarin? :D )?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
This is a counter-review, because the quality of reviews for this game annoys me quite a bit.

Disclaimer: I'm not unbiased when it comes to the game, although I'm neither the developer nor affiliated with him.

First, a brief review.

There are essentially three versions of this game: Time for Dragons 1.1.1, Defiler Wings 1.4.1 and Defiler Wings 1.0.1. These are all basically CYOA games with light resource management, which is a bit more gameplay-focused than your typical VN.

You play an evil dragon bent on doing whatever the fuck he wants, and conquering a fantasy kingdom in the process. And, as evil dragons are wont to do, no virgins that happen to cross paths with you remain virgins for long. They might even get killed, eaten or tortured.

The kingdom is a mish-mash of various fantasy tropes, the game can be clunky at times, the quality of translation from the original Russian varies, and there is no original art. DW 1.01 is the most polished and TdF 1.1.1 the least, while the complexity and strength of gameplay elements is usually the reverse.

Time for Dragons holds a lot more promise than it currently delivers, but there's a certain modder working on this... :D

All that being said, the game(s) are pretty unique and worth a try.

And I mean an actual try, unlike a certain reviewer. Not messing up your installation, getting dumped into debug mode and giving up because you can't into Ren'Py games.

Now, onto the counter-review:
Sturvos said:
It completely misses the point...
I don't know what the 'point' is here, but the big thing about TfD is that you can semi-freely develop your dragon and his lair. This is leaps and bounds beyond what DW offered. Most of the actual events are nearly identical to DW 1.01, and incorporate quite a bit of the (sometimes quite complex) additional events from 1.4.1.

The only thing that's radically different is that you now do things daily, and don't retire your dragon every few years. If you have some sort of hardon for playing a dragon dynasty then maybe it's a downgrade. From a gameplay POV, it's pretty much universally better.

Chaossonic said:
...art, stolen from every median the creator can find; this abomination makes me sick.
I'll admit that sometimes the art isn't particularly good or doesn't really fit the rest. But that's the problem with using stolen stuff, you're never guaranteed a good fit even exists. I suspect that is also why there's so much 3D art in there: it's usually far easier to find fitting (but bland :( ) 3D pictures than it is to get good 2D images.

On the other hand, if you prefer newly commissioned abominations to old but good art just because you've not seen it before, I think something is wrong with you, not the game. :p

Chaossonic said:
If the author can open their wallet...
While the Patreon route was perhaps not the best choice, I doubt the dev made enough to commission even a couple of pictures. And I suspect this reviewer never paid anything, either. So this is pure whining.

Also, from a practical POV, the game involves many hundreds of images. I doubt even the best crowdfunding effort would cover even 20% of what's needed here.

Chaossonic said:
...plagiarism in the writing and visuals show that the developer isn't taking this project seriously.
This is explicitly a reboot of DW, not a new game with new content. And porting the content over was not a trivial task, I can tell you from personal experience.

tabernakle said:
...keep a girl alive... deeper interaction system... but these additions do not bring much... they slow down your progression
You could always keep a girl in your lair in DW, so I have no idea where that comment even comes from. And the 'interaction system' is largely lifted from DW 1.4.1.

These things do nothing to slow things down, either. The slowdown comes from the year -> day conversion and the increased complexity of dragon and lair development.

tabernakle said:
...why this dev had to change the two core elements that worked the best in the OG (i.e. character progression and monster breeding) but he did it and it does not work !
Character progression very much does work. It's actually the main thing that drew me to the game. So does collecting girls in your lair, as I've seen several players profess their attachment to their 'waifus'.

Monster breeding is a sidegrade from the original. Far less options, but these tend to have extra mechanics attached to them (guard towers, torturing prisoners for better stats, accompanying the dragon on adventures, etc). I'd say it's a minor upgrade overall, all things considered.

tabernakle said:
forced myself to finish the game ... something new and special ... 4 hours
This is the problem right there. TfD is not an expansion, it's a reboot that is more focused on being an 'evil dragon simulator' rather than a short romp through a bunch of extra events. It's something that you play for a while when you get the urge to be evil and inhuman, not another VN.

TfD might fail at its intended task at times (due to translation issues or whatnot), but that's different from disliking a game for what it doesn't even try to be.

tabernakle said:
...you'd better be playing the original.
I just tried 1.4.1 again and I couldn't really stomach its clunkiness and railroading after playing - or well, not really playing - TfD for a while. YMMV.

OxKing said:
[Damn accurate review]
Man, I wish others would write like you do, actually laying out the bad, the good and the ugly.

ewddd said:
zero explanation of the new gameplay mechanics
Right-click menu -> the top five buttons.

ewddd said:
the guro and torturer stuff is mandatory
No, it isn't? You can just overpower the girls without torturing if you wish, steal brainwashed nuns from the city, or buy the Witch's homunculus.

Guro and vore elements are even less mandatory, nothing forces you to eat or kill the girls. And IDK why you're playing this game in the first place if torture, death and dismemberment bother you so much.

Yiu113 said:
...worse in most of the aspects of the game that were good, and better in very few aspects where the game really needed to be better...
A better aspect ratio, less clunky menus, an interactive lair instead of digging through several layers of menus, actual stat displays for the dragon, girls and minions; an extended set of Witch services, the lizardman tribe, the Darkshire, an actual dragon leveling scheme instead of the 'pick one of three' system, new shops including cosmetic potions...

There are several clear downgrades (like the 'remembrance' mechanic that is missing altogether, or spells, varied dragonspawn, the new 'old' map, or anything related to treasure-crafting), but saying it's worse in most aspects and better in very few is incredibly dishonest.

Yiu113 said:
...the art is hilariously all over the place and hardly features dragons at all, and is stolen from all sorts of places.
Exactly the same as the original. Maybe even a little improved, 1.4.1 was a much worse offender, with 3D art all over the place. The lack of dragon sex is a genuine gripe, though.

Yiu113 said:
while the new lair is incredibly confusing
The interface comes with an extended help section in the right-click menu. There are a couple of weird bits, like the mutation/traps trigger button, or 'release from the pack', but most of it is rather straightforward. I fear for your ability to even go out shopping on your own if all this is 'incredibly confusing' to you. :p

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 10 Votes