2.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Console enabled but doesnt seem to work in debug mode?
But it works in regular play? That sounds really strange. What exactly did you do?

Need different types of monster core to hatch?
Um, your Army of Darkness lacks any critters whatsoever. This screen is for purchasing and equipping them. Nothing to do with monster cores. Releasing existing minions (who do hatch from cores) is done from elsewhere. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Also where/how to upgrade the trap defense?
There's a toggle on the right side of the lair screen.

Although I think enough henchmen is enough to defend.
Sure, but henchmen have other uses as well and take a while to raise. Traps are built pretty quickly.

I've also overhauled trap and minion defenses in my mod so they work more like the original DW, in layers and with somewhat different effects.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I'm either stupid or half blind;

1597511919581.png

Where is the trap upgrade toggle? really need help to find it.

The console, I just followed the instruction to set it to true, although the file location has changed.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm either stupid or half blind;

Where is the trap upgrade toggle? really need help to find it.
'Transfiguration'. It's not terribly intuitive, but I had no real trouble finding it. Either it's mentioned in some help text, or I just clicked on everything to see what happens. SoP for learning most games, that. :sneaky:

The console, I just followed the instruction to set it to true, although the file location has changed.
Um, what file did you change, then? There are other files that reference this setting, but they can get overwritten.

Edit: Boy, are vanilla dragons low on health. o_O Never noticed that before.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
The console file was found in Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc\renpy\common instead of the location you mentioned. Although the text says the default console bind key is ` , in developer.rpym the bind keys are shift + o Pressing those will open the console.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The console file was found in Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc\renpy\common instead of the location you mentioned.
My mistake. 'Common' and 'console' are too damn similar. :oops:

Although the text says the default console bind key is ` , in developer.rpym the bind keys are shift + o
Yeah, IDK why that file lies like that. The console in virtually all Ren'Py games been shift+O for quite a while now.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Ok got ending 1 of 3. Any idea how to get the others?

Make the lady fight every invasion battle? She will not.

Digging around in the files suggests there is a demon ending, and another ending depending on how the sisters were handled.

The nursery accelerates core making. What does the milk farm do? To turn off the hp drain, just remove 1 line?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ok got ending 1 of 3. Any idea how to get the others?

Digging around in the files suggests there is a demon ending, and another ending depending on how the sisters were handled.
Indeed. Demon ending comes from beating back the demon invasion, and the other you've just found.

Make the lady fight every invasion battle? She will not.
No, neither the extended final fights nor the other Mistress endings of DW are in TfT.

What does the milk farm do?
Make milk? :p Well, 'porings'.

To turn off the hp drain, just remove 1 line?
That's one possibility. But why? There should be some drawback to making all that money.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Just my preferences. I've been looking for a game where you get to play the villainous dragon. I dont really enjoy letting the poor girls drained to death, its fun enough impregnating them, then turning them over to be minions.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You can always turn your girls into minions before they're completely drained, and have them drain other captives to offset the drain. Or make it into an affection or energy drain. Just flat-out eliminating all consequences makes the game poorer, IMO. YMMV.

And I quite like that the dragon treats girls like expendable resources. Very, well, inhuman. :D If he really likes a girl, he just doesn't put her in there and makes her into a minion ASAP.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In 'game/db/evolution.yaml'. Changes require either a new game, manually reloading them via console or scripting that reloading functionality into the game.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You mean the demon one? Yeah, that one's not bad. The 1.4.1 version is even funnier (for certain values of 'funny' :D), but I guess it was way too much work to port over.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Whats needed to unlock flying island? wondering what it is.

Also;

Code:
[tournament]
name = tournament
base = 20
multiplier = const 1
regen = 20
does the event regenerate?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Code:
[tournament]
name = tournament
base = 20
multiplier = const 1
regen = 20
does the event regenerate?
As said before, I don't think so. If Eliont can't say otherwise, then the regen part just isn't used in 1.1.1. I've changed that in my WIP version.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Flying island open.

Something is draining all my mana, any idea why? Always 0 mana/energy. Sleeping does not restore mana.

Console added mana and fixed the problem.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Always 0 mana/energy.
Something is draining all my mana, any idea why?
No clue. Does it happen always, or only when you do something (enter a different screen, go on a hunt, build stuff, etc)?

Sleeping does not restore mana.
You do have enough satiety, and have the mana-restoration enabled, right?

Edit: No debug mode shenanigans or altered script files, either?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, but as far as I can tell, there is no actual code to regenerate anything. I can't rule out it being hidden really well, but it doesn't look like it is.

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 10 Votes