desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
It's not spectacular on the visual side, but the writing is great. No issues with the English or the writing style. The story set up is quite interesting and mysterious. Looks like you can indulge in dark fantasies down the line when the MC's sanity goes down.

I think the gameplay loop is to finish a time loop and press skip until unread text pops up. It's fine right now with the game being in the early stages, but I wonder if this will get annoying when you have to skip for a long time. The actual time of the loops stays the same, but that doesn't mean the text you skip through will remain the same when MC goes off and does something else.

Reactions: RedTomato

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
Kinda dark but to my liken. Doesn't seem like it's gonna be too obnoxious like that other time loop game and the art is what you make it, may turn some folks off but may turn some folks on. In my case a psycho nun giving a handy gets my attention everytime.

Reactions: House Of Black

Wizard's Kiss

Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Game Developer
Oct 19, 2021
clothing textures in pic 7 look horrible imho. more like some weird latex suit slipping under her boobs than a nun dress
Err... Melissa have S+ eyebrows indeed, but her face look like 35 yo.
I'll take your feedback into account.

In this scene, the guy says "you will you" easy fix.

View attachment 1497307

In this part, it shows her name (I didn't ask for her name before this) after this, it goes back to ??? until she tells me her name.

View attachment 1497309
Good catch, will be fixed in the next release. Thank you.

It's not spectacular on the visual side, but the writing is great. No issues with the English or the writing style. The story set up is quite interesting and mysterious. Looks like you can indulge in dark fantasies down the line when the MC's sanity goes down.

I think the gameplay loop is to finish a time loop and press skip until unread text pops up. It's fine right now with the game being in the early stages, but I wonder if this will get annoying when you have to skip for a long time. The actual time of the loops stays the same, but that doesn't mean the text you skip through will remain the same when MC goes off and does something else.
Thank you for the feedback.
I plan to incorporate a "skip to X day" option or something similar once more loops are written, to avoid the scenario you described.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
*6th SCREEN* I just sat here for 5 minutes FOR REAL thinking to myself WTF before scrolling to the next screen...

That seems really excessive for a wtf moment. Especially considering the stuff you can find around here. :)

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
Time loop, awesome! Really enjoyed it but maybe you could change the faces to something less creepy and off-putting?

Wizard's Kiss

Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Game Developer
Oct 19, 2021
Hm, will impregnation be an option for the incest characters in the future?
I'm a sucker for those, so yes. It will.

You're very welcome. If I come across any other things, I'll let you know. The game is good and I enjoy the music choices you are using. Thank you for this nice experience.
You're very welcome! Kai Engel, the artist that made many of the tracks I used, is amazing at what he does. You can check a list of the tracks used on the credits screen in the main menu.
OK, so here's my detailed report of v0.03:

What I liked
- Story/Gameplay is unique and interesting
- Very good soundtrack

What I didn't like (technical)
- Writing, for that most part, is somewhat verbose and unnatural, to the point of sometimes having to read stuff multiple times to get the meaning. There's also some spelling mistakes and the writing just isn't very good in general.
- Graphics are pretty sparse so far and mostly sprites with static backgrounds (but things moving around and characters blinking improves it a bit)
- MC's last name can't be changed (without mods)
- No option to hide the textbox background (without mods) and strange 3D shadows for the text instead of just simple outlines
- The screen shows 3 unnecessary UI elements (day, money, char screen) at all time, even though you never need them and the char screen opens with a right-click. This is annoying like TV logos and causes burn-in on OLEDs. You should just hide it all and put this information in the char screen.
- Character name outlines are very thick and white, while character text outlines are very thin and black.
- Audio volume is very inconsistent - Some tracks are significantly louder than others... You should go through your sound tracks and adjust their volume to be about the same.

What I didn't like (misc)
- MC is a weak manlet that looks like a girl with a boy's haircut and no tits
- Characters generally look life half-human, half-abomination
- Eating at the cafe doesn't use any money - Is MC dining and dashing?
- As a racist and a christian, who also loves huge tits, I feel conflicted about the forced sexual intercourse with Celeste.
Renders like these are what I'm referring to when I say "half-human, half-abomination".

I think it will be fine.
I have skip bound to one of my mouse buttons (for all RenPy games) and it wasn't a bother at all.
When something changes and there's different text skip stops working.
Time loop, awesome! Really enjoyed it but maybe you could change the faces to something less creepy and off-putting?
Thank you for the feedback. Please look forward to the next releases, as I'll try to address some of your concerns in them.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
One thing to absolutely change is the right click. We already have the character sheets on top left. People will try to save game WAY more than checking the character sheets, so it makes sense to keep right click for saving.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The whole char screen and all the extra UI could be moved to the options menu, since you don't really need it frequently (or at all).
It don't mind the UI. It barely takes space and it the current day will presumably be pretty important when you are looping all the time. Going to another screen to see the day is cumbersome. Not even sure what options menu is.

Hell-O2

Mar 23, 2020
Hiho@all

Interesting idea of timeloop DEV, i like it.
The story-plot some mix of mystic and detektiv seems good too.

cya

Reactions: Wizard's Kiss

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Actual game and premise aside (Dark and twisted Groundhog Day? Sure, why not!), that main menu gif thing is fucking annoying. It's flashing WAY too fast and brightly in my opinion, and I can't help wondering if you may have inadvertently (or purposefully) murdered some people via epileptic seizure. :sneaky:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Picture 6, that one with the snake wrestling and the baby on the floor, seriously?

Before i even touch this with a pair of charcoal tongs, does this happen?

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes