Roy

Apr 22, 2017
My WT is not made with sections corresponding to the content of each versions. This is mainly because the game is very nonlinear and I try to minimize the length of the number of instructions. A version based WT would be at least twice as big.

For this reason, it is not easy to find only your missing content. You can either replay the whole game or search your missing memories and fun points using both hints in game and the WT.
ok

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You know, I was liking the premise of this game, played a few updates.

However it is completely unplayable without using a step by step walkthrough.
After a while that starts to kill the mood of the game for me. Without using the walkthough, it'd be a nightmare grindfest of repeating scenes to try and figure out what to do next.

I feel the game could be improved a lot by having in game hints, to make ppl less reliant on a walkthrough.
The in game hint system is actually pretty good for the most part. I was able to figure out most of the stuff I needed to do just based on the in game hints and no referencing the walkthrough. There are a few events though that are convoluted enough that even with the in game hints AND the walkthrough, I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

So I agree that unless the hint system is further improved, there are some things in the game that are just unreasonably difficult to get. Some of these things I would never figure out without using the walkthrough or digging through the code for the game looking for exactly what the trigger conditions are and players should not be expected to have to do that IMO.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
It's impressive the complexity of the story that this creator has to knit together for such a concept. Can't complain about the story or renders, and all that jazz. Good work. I haven't played this game for a bit, but I remember the last time I played it getting stuck on a minigame where I had to guess faces that is rather difficult. If I were to play it again would I get stuck at the same spot again or is there a way to bypass this (without cheating or modding the code)?

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
It's impressive the complexity of the story that this creator has to knit together for such a concept. Can't complain about the story or renders, and all that jazz. Good work. I haven't played this game for a bit, but I remember the last time I played it getting stuck on a minigame where I had to guess faces that is rather difficult. If I were to play it again would I get stuck at the same spot again or is there a way to bypass this (without cheating or modding the code)?
you can enable to skip the minigames in settings

Reactions: HydraHenker

Roy

Apr 22, 2017
I will wait a nother 2 o 3 updates and restart all game... it's to complex find the point..

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Please please please tell me we're done with the protest.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
You know, I was liking the premise of this game, played a few updates.

However it is completely unplayable without using a step by step walkthrough.
After a while that starts to kill the mood of the game for me. Without using the walkthough, it'd be a nightmare grindfest of repeating scenes to try and figure out what to do next.

I feel the game could be improved a lot by having in game hints, to make ppl less reliant on a walkthrough.
There is actually several ingame hints.

The most obvious is talking to CAS and ask for a hint (about days, girls,fun points)
There is another in the map. A button will show every game location and highlight a place where there is a memory to unlock at that time and day.

Cheers!

Reactions: Delambo and scarfer

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I need a hint. I have stopped playng on the end of 0.21.30, where I have to look in the waktrough?
I post a step by step WT by version as Patron Reward. Without the reward, you can ask CAS for hints and try to complete what you are missing.

Cheers!

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The in game hint system is actually pretty good for the most part. I was able to figure out most of the stuff I needed to do just based on the in game hints and no referencing the walkthrough. There are a few events though that are convoluted enough that even with the in game hints AND the walkthrough, I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

So I agree that unless the hint system is further improved, there are some things in the game that are just unreasonably difficult to get. Some of these things I would never figure out without using the walkthrough or digging through the code for the game looking for exactly what the trigger conditions are and players should not be expected to have to do that IMO.
Making an ingame hint system is difficult! Oh boy, I learned that lesson the hard way.
I try to do my best, plus the hints at the map. Even then I know it's not 100% reliable.

The way to make it better is by saying to me what are the convoluted parts so I can improve it.
I've done it before, for same events I improve the hint or I add a remark from CAS directly talking to the MC.

Cheers!

Reactions: khumak

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
There is a Game Menu where you can:
- skip minigames
- Auto-action button when reaching a location.
- Auto show girls and events location at the map.

Cheers!

Reactions: yihman1

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Making an ingame hint system is difficult! Oh boy, I learned that lesson the hard way.
I try to do my best, plus the hints at the map. Even then I know it's not 100% reliable.

The way to make it better is by saying to me what are the convoluted parts so I can improve it.
I've done it before, for same events I improve the hint or I add a remark from CAS directly talking to the MC.

Cheers!
I think your hint system is great for the most part. You just have so many fairly intricate requirements for some events that it can be pretty hard to unravel some of them. The demonstration in particular has so many possible ways of playing out that it's very hard to figure out which path you might be missing. I imagine it's harder to tell the difficulty of the events as well when you know exactly how all of them work being the dev.

I've had issues with that when trying to tweak the difficulty for my mod as well (and my stuff is not as complicated as yours). I can set the bar at what feels low to me, but I have perfect knowledge of how everything works so it can still seem too difficult for someone just playing it without having looked at my code.

I get the feeling that the way your triggers are set up it really is based more on completing a specific series of events so it would probably be harder to implement something where people can get "close enough" instead of an exact match.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
If you're a Groundhog Day fan and a pervert, then you'll love this game. Dev is clearly in a higher technical level than most devs to be able to create the mechanics of this game and for now everything looks good for v0.27.10. Yes it's grindy, yes you need to learn the events, but what were you expecting when you gonna live the same days over and over again.

Current visual content is good enough, but I wish to see much more content, better renders. After my second play I can say it's one of my favourite games. Good luck to the dev and thanks for this great game.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I think your hint system is great for the most part. You just have so many fairly intricate requirements for some events that it can be pretty hard to unravel some of them. The demonstration in particular has so many possible ways of playing out that it's very hard to figure out which path you might be missing. I imagine it's harder to tell the difficulty of the events as well when you know exactly how all of them work being the dev.

I've had issues with that when trying to tweak the difficulty for my mod as well (and my stuff is not as complicated as yours). I can set the bar at what feels low to me, but I have perfect knowledge of how everything works so it can still seem too difficult for someone just playing it without having looked at my code.

I get the feeling that the way your triggers are set up it really is based more on completing a specific series of events so it would probably be harder to implement something where people can get "close enough" instead of an exact match.
Yeah I think knowing how it works backstage is a drawback to determine the difficulty of the task.

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah I think knowing how it works backstage is a drawback to determine the difficulty of the task.
in the last version i would change CAS' hint reguarding day 4, telling the player to try sleeping at home doesn't really help getting that content cause there are multiple ways for the MC to get there. in my case i had the MC talk to Mia first, then to Lisa, then help Lisa at the party but all of that didn't unlock any memory in day 4 nor the dialogues in day 5. i had to think for a while before remembering the MC had a route where he had settled things with his mom.
so imo the hint for day 4 should be more along the line of "talk to your mom about sleeping there".

Reactions: HydraHenker

Cramone

May 14, 2018
Adding new stuff when on early "days" options are "this still on develoment"
for example: day 3 on Ms.Donnary's Office.
Still good game, keep good work

3.10 star(s) 81 Votes